Matt's HERCULES- Focused Nutrition Mini-Log

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Matt's HERCULES- Focused Nutrition Mini-Log(sponsored)

First off, I would like to give a big thank you to WANTED and Focused Nutrition for giving me the chance to try out the HERCULES.
Over the next 15 days im going to be using this pre workout and logging exactly how it works for me. My training style will be DUP training with a couple of accessory days. I'm going to start off with 1 scoop about 30 minutes before each workout as described in the directions. Some of my workouts will be when I wake up,some of my workouts will be after my night shift and a couple will be mid day. This is a high stim pre workout which i hope will be able to get me going. My diet and water intake will be the same throughout the log. I will also be updating 3 to 5 times a week for about 2 weeks.

Stats:
Age- 22
Height- 5'10
Weight- 200
Goal- Recomp

Other supplements are just staples of mine, fish oil, creatine. Im going to stop taking my SL for the log.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 1:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437623910.894811.jpg

Very nice packaging, no dents or anything and the label is very easy to read.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437623967.815826.jpg

I do wish the label was transparent, but I have seen exact dosing and know what I'm taking. Also, it is very cool that this is supposed to be a single scoop pre and it has 40 servings. Which could be nice if you were looking for a pre workout that could last a bit.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437624111.877986.jpg

The next this that I noticed is that the tub was a little less than half way full. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind that was but it could very easily be a smaller tub.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437624193.882825.jpg

The mix ability was alright, there are a few floaters at the bottom. I may just have to add some extra water, I mixed it in 10oz of water as suggested on the label.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in!
Nice start Matt, & thanks again for the log.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 2: I took one scoop in about 12 ounces of water fasted(it mixed much better in 12 oz rather than 10) the taste was alright. I'd give it a 8/10. It did taste a little better in 10 ounces.

I felt it kicking in about 15 minutes after I drank it and it was fully kicked in about 25 minutes after.
Today's workout: DB bench 3x5, incline bench 3x8, deadlift 4x4, squat 4x8, leg extensions 3x15. I was sweating more than normally and i did notice that I had much more of a rush. I could of probably gotten away with a half scoop but the one scoop definitely did the job. Also I did notice vascularity was up.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437682317.098097.jpg
(excuse the cut, got caught on a branch yesterday hiking.) I am looking forward to seeing how well this product works for pumps. Also, I am noticing a slight crash. I was expecting this due to the high stim effect.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You and I are a little opposite when it comes to the effects. I am a low tolerant stim person.
I found that I had almost no crash from this every time & some vascularity but almost no pumps from it. Sometimes I open a cap of max pump or some kno3 & throw it in with.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The strength of flavor, as with most pwo's is simply determined by the amount of water used.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1: View attachment 121826
Very nice packaging, no dents or anything and the label is very easy to read.View attachment 121827

I do wish the label was transparent, but I have seen exact dosing and know what I'm taking. Also, it is very cool that this is supposed to be a single scoop pre and it has 40 servings. Which could be nice if you were looking for a pre workout that could last a bit.
View attachment 121828
The next this that I noticed is that the tub was a little less than half way full. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind that was but it could very easily be a smaller tub.
View attachment 121829
The mix ability was alright, there are a few floaters at the bottom. I may just have to add some extra water, I mixed it in 10oz of water as suggested on the label.
Dude .... That tub looks hell of empty! Are you sure there's like.... 40 scoops in there??

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
You and I are a little opposite when it comes to the effects. I am a low tolerant stim person.
I found that I had almost no crash from this every time & some vascularity but almost no pumps from it. Sometimes I open a cap of max pump or some kno3 & throw it in with.
I basically have a slight crash from any pre with 300+mg of caffeine. I did like that it wasn't wearing off while I was in the gym. Like when I was taking Hyde I would feel the effects wearing off and start to crash while I was in the gym. I didn't really have to much of a chest pump but vascularity was up after deadlifts. I'm sure if I was threw in some high volume or stacked n.o the pump/vascularity would have been a lot more noticeable.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Dude .... That tub looks hell of empty! Are you sure there's like.... 40 scoops in there??
I'm guessing it's 40 scoops lol, it was sealed when I got it.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Day 1: View attachment 121826
Very nice packaging, no dents or anything and the label is very easy to read.View attachment 121827

View attachment 121828
View attachment 121829
Awesome, looks good! I don't know why its like that with everything all the supplements and products you get seem to always be half to less then half full!!! bags of chips are like that too hah.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I may do that tomorrow, the scoop is only 4 grams so i wouldn't be surprised if it were 40 servings. also there are one or two lines on the scoop, im not sure if they are measuring points or not. thanks for following along KilaCali !

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
I may do that tomorrow, the scoop is only 4 grams so i wouldn't be surprised if it were 40 servings. also there are one or two lines on the scoop, im not sure if they are measuring points or not. thanks for following along KilaCali !
Cool, let us know what you find out, I think im going to start checking my Supps from now on too and holding these companies accountable to their claims, I mean shoot you spend $30 to $60 usually on something somewhat small you better get your moneys worth in quantity and quality!!! and your welcome bro thanks for having me!!

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Cool, let us know what you find out, I think im going to start checking my Supps from now on too and holding these companies accountable to their claims, I mean shoot you spend $30 to $60 usually on something somewhat small you better get your moneys worth in quantity and quality!!! and your welcome bro thanks for having me!!
True that. I have measured the scoop/tub on a few products ive used in the past and I have had one(i cant remember the name of the top, some lesser known brand) that the weight was off by some. I'd be p*ssed if i was dropping 60 bucks on a product and getting slacked. It'd be the same as buying a protein powder and finding out the day after that it was spiked

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
True that. I have measured the scoop/tub on a few products ive used in the past and I have had one(i cant remember the name of the top, some lesser known brand) that the weight was off by some. I'd be p*ssed if i was dropping 60 bucks on a product and getting slacked. It'd be the same as buying a protein powder and finding out the day after that it was spiked
Yea! that's why I TRY to stick to certain brands and products, but so many come out that look enticing enough you have to take the gamble unless your fortunate enough like you and me to get logging oppurtunities!

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The serving size is 1scoop=4 grams
That is the second line on the scooper

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
okay cool, thats good to know

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One completely full scoop to the top actually equals 6 grams.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
oh okay, so full scoops would come out to be like 27 scoops?

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh okay, so full scoops would come out to be like 27 scoops?
Not sure about the math but you guys had me curious so I just busted out my scale and measured up a full scoop & a 4 gram scoop & those were my findings.
Hope it helps.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Not sure about the math but you guys had me curious so I just busted out my scale and measured up a full scoop & a 4 gram scoop & those were my findings.
Hope it helps.
LOL! Hell yea, Hard at work at the odd hours!! Thanks man

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
It definitely does, thanks. Ill be sure to watch the line on the scoop

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Subbed my dude

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 3: woke up and went for a twenty minute fasted walk, came back and had breakfast. I took one serving(4.2 grams) which is about 3/4 of the scoop and put it in 10 ounces of water and it mixed well and waited about 30 minutes to drink. Today it didn't hit quite as strong as it did yesterday, gotta be due to not being fasted. Workout:
Lat pull downs
15x4
Reverse grip pull downs
12x2
Bb curls
8x4
Skull crushers
20x2
Push downs
35x4
Seated wide grip row
8x4
Side laterals
15x2
Wide grip/close grip bb curl SS
15x2
Lying leg curl
10x2
Leg extensions
15x2

Cardio will be done tonight and I'll use 1/3 of scoop for that.
Also, pump was more noticeable today.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good lifts.
Yeah fasted I found works way better. Even if I eat after I took Hercules I'm still going pretty good hours later.
I've never done a full scoop at once. Never needed to.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Good lifts.
Yeah fasted I found works way better. Even if I eat after I took Hercules I'm still going pretty good hours later.
I've never done a full scoop at once. Never needed to.
I think the results like fat loss would be better taken for the tub and fasted honestly, with the dose of yohimbe being negated by insulin

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 4: took one scoop(thought I would try a whole scoop again) about an hour after breakfast. Seemed to hit pretty hard today. 450mg of caffeine is a lot for me. Workout:
Deadlift- 5x3
Squat 2x8
Single leg bb lunge 4x8
Bench 4x8
Bench 2x35
Upright row: 3x8
Overhead bb press 3x12

Felt good through the whole workout. Slight headache but that could be from anything.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I took 1/3 a scoop tonight on my lunch break and was sweating like crazy haha
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1437886750.659155.jpg

Finally got permission to use the resort gym. Gonna be making good use of the equipment here

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 5: took 1/4 a scoop and got on the bike for 30 minutes. Thermogenic effect is there, really enjoy this product fasted.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 6: took 3/4 a scoop on a empty stomach and it got pretty hard. Gotta say from
Day to day I've had the same amount of energy from the same amount. Workout
Deadlift:
8x2
4x6
2x3
Cable curl:
6x8
Wide grip cable curl:
2x8
Seated wide grip row:
8x8
Incline db press:
3x8
Drop set
2x30
Hammer curl:
3x10
Squat:
2x15
Calf raises:
3x10

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup
Those were my findings as well. The same energy for sure every time.
Seems like I never really built up a tolerance to it like some others I've used.

Sick gym pic btw.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Yup
Those were my findings as well. The same energy for sure every time.
Seems like I never really built up a tolerance to it like some others I've used.

Sick gym pic btw.
Yeah it is nice that it's consistent energy. I do prefer it before cardio.

That gym is at my work. It has everything I need. I may honestly just use that gym instead of my anytime. This gym at least has a bench press lol

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 7: took 3/4 a scoop on an empty stomach and headed to the gym. This pre takes about 15-20 minutes to be fully kicked in.
Workout:
Overhead seated bb press:
Barx35x2
2x12
2x10
2x8
Side laterals:
1x25
2x12
2x10
2x8
Straight bar push downs:
3x35
Reverse straight bar push downs:
2x15
Db shurgs:
2x12
2x35
Pec dec:
3x35
Rear delt db:
2x20
Superseted
Front db raise:
2x20

Then 10 minutes on the treadmill

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 8: took one scoop today and it hit hard.

Workout:
Front squat
Barx15
2x10
2x8
Romanian deadlift:
4x6
Leg ex:
4x15
Lying leg curl:
4x10
Db row:
3x8
Cable curl
3x35
Bb wide grip curl supersetted close grip curl
3x15
Calf raises:
3x12

Still wired after the workout.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 8: took one scoop today and it hit hard.

Workout:
Front squat
Barx15
2x10
2x8
Romanian deadlift:
4x6
Leg ex:
4x15
Lying leg curl:
4x10
Db row:
3x8
Cable curl
3x35
Bb wide grip curl supersetted close grip curl
3x15
Calf raises:
3x12

Still wired after the workout.
Good lifts.

So, you've taken Hercules for 8 days straight so far?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Good lifts.

So, you've taken Hercules for 8 days straight so far?
Yup, today was the first day I did a full scoop pre workout and it was intense. I probably wont do that again lol

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup, today was the first day I did a full scoop pre workout and it was intense. I probably wont do that again lol
Good to know man...lol
Thanks for the consistent updates brother.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Good to know man...lol
Thanks for the consistent updates brother.
No problem man, more than happy to have consistent updates with the log.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 9: I woke up pretty early today and had a big breakfast so by the time is was time to train I was wide awake. I still used a little less than half a scoop pre workout and it had me in the zone in the gym. Hit a new PR on incline db press.
Workout:
Bb overhead press 2x12 2x10 2x8
Incline db bench:
3x12
Rope push down:
3x35
V bar push down:
2x15
Supersetted w/ side laterals
2x12
Cable cross:
3x15
Flat db press:
2x20

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 10: took 3/4 a scoop on an empty stomach, slight headache today that wore off as soon as the pre did. This is probably the third time this has happened. Had a really good workout, thermogenic effect was up and I noticed vascularity was up way more than normal.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 10: took 3/4 a scoop on an empty stomach, slight headache today that wore off as soon as the pre did. This is probably the third time this has happened. Had a really good workout, thermogenic effect was up and I noticed vascularity was up way more than normal.
Take a day or two off of the PWO ,and or increase your water intake.
Thanks for the update & have a good weekend man.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Take a day or two off of the PWO ,and or increase your water intake.
Thanks for the update & have a good weekend man.
It may be just to high of a dose at one serve for me, I'm going to finish out the log at 1/3 a scoop for each workout/cardio session. Thinking about it now, I have been cutting back on my water. I've been drinking about 2 litters less than normal. Thanks for that. No problem brother, you have a good one as well!

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day 11: took 1/4 of a scoop, walked on the treadmill followed by 5 sets of 100 jump ropes. Good energy and headache is not there.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Day12: rest day. Using a serving in place of energy drink at work. Energy is consistant. Next three days I have off of work so I wont be getting any gym time in, but ill be using it before i go kayaking and before i go paddleboarding