Mast with TRT

Jriddik

Awards
Ahoy gentleman, been away for a long time having 3 kids, still training daily (at home now). Been on successful TRT (200mg cyp a week, labs every 4 months) for several,years, and decided i wanted to lean out and harden up. I'm 6'8 330lbs about 15% BF (calipers, plunge said 14%) and I'm going to add 150-200 MG mast to my weekly dose, maybe but the cyp up to 250-300 for a few weeks. I let my doc know because he is my good personal friend and we are gonna watch it. I know people say NOT to run mast under 400, so I wanted to ask.
Mast is one of the ONLY hormones I haven't taken in my life, because I've always trained for power. Any thoughts or experiences would be awesome. Thanks all.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for answers also ?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You can use masteron at less than 400 mg but it's not going to do a ton. If you want to add 200 mg of masteron to your 200 mg of testosterone, it's only going to make very small differences. It's going to probably dry you out a tiny bit and I don't even really want to use the word dry you out because that's not what's going to happen but maybe make you hold slightly less water is a better way to say it. And maybe some slight increase in strength. But just remember adding Master on to your trt is no longer trt, it's a little cycle

Now if you went from your 200 mg trt dose and you bump that up to 300 and then added 300 to Master on with it, that should provide you with a significant difference. 300/300 with test and masteron or test and EQ is kind of how I start all my cycles.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Masteron* my autocorrect keeps changing it to Master on lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
People who say mast under 400 doesn’t do anything are do-nothings or people who lean heavily on drugs for their results. The type of person who thinks 350/wk is the lowest Tren should be ran. You just need to be realistic about what you’re going to get solely out of the drugs.

As someone who basically only trains for power, I love Masteron. I have incorporated it basically every cycle since I tried it. It adds strength via neurological upregulation, besides whatever new lean tissue you can acquire from the increased protein synthesis (not really relevant while cutting obviously, just focusing on retaining lean mass).

I think 1:1 is a pretty dry ratio for me, even at 25% bodyfat, but that will keep you drier & harder. 300/200 is where I would be most comfortable, but 300/300 would “work” better for your stated goal. It’s not like 500mg is really healthier than 600mg, so as long as this is a temporary blast, 12-20 weeks, I would start at ~250/200 and bump to 300/300 after a month or so if it’s not lowering your estrogen intolerably.

If the diet isn’t there, you won’t get leaner. Masteron will just make your muscles feel harder and you will retain less water. You will be able to run more testosterone without an AI (and if you don’t do that, lower estrogen), and the total increase in drugs means more strength and anabolism overall.

Jriddik

Awards
Thanks all, I may do 300/200 for a few weeks, then 300/300 to see how I tolerate it. And I def understand it is a cycle now, and that's ok, I have my kids, my doc gets it. Any joint concerns with the "drying", like a winstrol or primo?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks all, I may do 300/200 for a few weeks, then 300/300 to see how I tolerate it. And I def understand it is a cycle now, and that's ok, I have my kids, my doc gets it. Any joint concerns with the "drying", like a winstrol or primo?
Yeah, if estrogen gets too low you’re going to get joint pain and have less padding. Especially in the context of a caloric deficit, your risk for injury will be increased. That’s what I meant when I said 1:1 test and mast solo is a bit dry for my preference. But it also changes with absolute dose: ratios are kind of bullshit to me. Big difference in the estrogen burden taking 200mg of test/wk vs taking a gram.

The right amount is the right amount that you don’t get gyno, aren’t holding excessive water, your libido and sexual function are adequate, and basically where you feel optimal. It’s individual response, preference, situational needs (if you need to be maximally dry for a photo shoot on one day, you will have to suffer a little, and you better not be maxing out on squat lol).

Bloodwork may help guide your decision, but how you feel & your side effects matter most, on a practical level.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dry joints are no joke and makes it very hard to train productively !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 8
EpiStrong Anabolics 44
Anabolics 18
LMuscle Male Anti-Aging Medicine 36
VWMeatHead Anabolics 16