Manu20 on Bobo's Muscle Building Program

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys today I started Bobo's deluxe muscle bulding program. I am hoping to make nice gains in lean mass while keeping fat gain to a minimum. I am going to do the first few weeks natty and am considering adding a short cycle in at week 3, but this is not a definite.

Right now I am 5'9" and this morning weighed in at 186lbs at the gym. Not too sure about my bf%.

Had my chest workout today and am not used to the high volume and higher reps, I usually do lower volume and heavier weights so this will take a little getting used to. Definitely had to check the ego at the door with the weights I was putting on the bar... :sad:

Diet has been perfect so far today and today I threw all the junk I had away and just have the food on Bobo's list left (except for my peanut butter) Damn the parents aren't going to be too happy when they see this grocery bill from today... :frustrate

Here are a few pics from this morning before I went to the gym:

Attachments

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Also, I had been cuttin for a while so I wouldn't be suprised if I gain some weight pretty quickly initially, thats pretty typicall of when I stop cutting.

speakle

DONT F$*# WITH MY NUTS!
Awards
I am going on week 4 now and its great. After you get used to the reduced weight and higher reps and slow tempos it feels awesome. I am not sure how your used to eating but I find bobos diet yummy and easy to follow.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Bobo, my gym doesn't have a T-bar row machine for my back workout tomorrow...what should I do instead?

Alt+F4

Back in the gym after 6 months of being a *****
Awards
Put a bar on the floor, I do mine in the corner of the gym. Take a plate, and put it on one end of the bar, furthest from the wall. Grab a close grip handle that you would use with the cables, and place it under the bar, handles facing up so you can grab em. Knees bent, back straight, looking forward, row that bish. Let me try and find a picture.

Here you go: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/t_bar.htm

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cable rows, bent over rows, etc.....Pretty much any row.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Put a bar on the floor, I do mine in the corner of the gym. Take a plate, and put it on one end of the bar, furthest from the wall. Grab a close grip handle that you would use with the cables, and place it under the bar, handles facing up so you can grab em. Knees bent, back straight, looking forward, row that bish. Let me try and find a picture.

Here you go: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/t_bar.htm

I like those as well.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Todays diet was perfect, workout was good but I was sore from yesterdays chest workout. Still trying to get the hang of the tempos of the exercises. Played a little basketball today but drank an extra shake and ate another bagel to make up for the calories. Tomorrow is an off day so I get to rest and eat!!!

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Diet and workouts were good al days except on friday...Friday I had meals 1-5 perfect but then we had a bbq with all our parents and I tried to eat only meat and I had some beers... :nono: ...todya diet has been good but I was not able to make fridays bicep workout b/c of a baseball game and had one today so I couldn't do it....so I was thinking about working out twice tomorrow....doing fridays workout in the morning and sundays a little later...let me know bobo...also is my diet going to be the same or am I going to have a new one for next week.

Oh ya I almost forgot...one word to describe the leg workout....AGONY!!!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't try to squeeze in 2 workouts if you can (once in a while is fine though). Diet changes based on what you tell me. You have to give me weight changes (once per week usually on the same day, same time). If you don't, I can't gauge progress.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks Bobo...I'm going to be weighing in today at the gym and will let u know. I can say by looking in the mirror my upper body looks bigger and I look leaner but I guess I will wait and see what the scale says today at the gym.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Also. this is the only time I see myself trying to squeeze in two workouts, its not going to be a reoccuring thing.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Well today I weighed in at 190 at the gym...up 4 pounds from the start...todays workout went good but I had to cut it short do to my elbow feeling like a knife was stuck in it.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Yesterday diet was perfect and back workout was really good...the pull ups were a struggle b/c of my elbow. Weighed in yesterday at 192 at the gym. Today is an off day that will consist of a lot of studying, which will be done by the pool at the rec where all the girls lay out...:)

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
The pics suck and u really can't tell much of a difference but I can definitely see a difference in the mirror.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can tell bro, looking fuller.:thumbsup:

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Weighed in today at 190....I think my cals are too low...I am very active and prolly need more cals. Let me know what u think bobo.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its normal. New diet in the mail. Start ASAP.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Bobo...damn that was quick....will start it asap.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Bobo...my workouts listed end today so I need to konw what to do sunday and on...thanks.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use week 1 again. They rotate so week 1 works for week 3,5,7 etc... and vice versa for week 2. Periodization is built in but you need to keep swapping back and forth.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Weighed in today at 192...chest workout went great today...I felt great in the gym, following the updated diet perfectly so far.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is impressive, you gained 8 pounds in less than a month. Damn near half!

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I am definitely pleased with the results so far, I have been following the diet pretty good but have had a few slip ups. I hope the results continue. Also, my strenght has gotten a little better.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Workouts have been going good and strength is increasing....weighed in at 194 today at the gym. Diet has been slacking a little the last couple days b/c i've been busy and camped in the library. As of today it is back on track.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Havent updated in a while but things have been going good. I am up to 198 and my lifts have been going up almost every workout. The diet got off track for a while due to the stress of school and finals but things are going good now and I am pleased with my results so far.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Hey Bobo, my cpu crashed so I lost the pdf with my workout program and diet, could you please email it to me again...if you need my email let me know.