Low test ...need info

M

Maverick64

Awards
Well for about 9 months now I have suffered with the following: loss of libido, moodiness/slight depression, very tired most of the time, sleep issues, overall apathy for all the things that meant so much to me. I have had a ton of blood work done testing for everything under the sun. Finally after reading the symptoms of low test levels I pressured my doc into taking blood and gettimg my free test checked. Results (I am a 43 year old): 102 free test...doc says normal is 104 to 400...but he isn't concerned and won't prescribe HRT...instaed he wants to go the route of Paxil again, which didn't work before. So, how low is 102? I am going to see an endocrinologist next Friday, byt still interested in hearing thoughts. Also I can build some muscle , but it's hard and even though fairly clean bulking, I seem to add a lot of fat to my midsection easily.

K

krenalor

Awards
102 is to low, your doctor is fine with your levels, bet if it was for himself he would get HRT. Get a new doctor, insist the endocrinologist do something about it.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
If you want feel what is like to have higher Test, try 50 mg of ADT (like Rebound XT). Above 50 mg kills libido. I like to throw in 100mg of Androstenetrione added at night. You can go higher with the Androdtenetrione, but not properly tapering off of higher levels of Androstenetrione can lead to estrogen rebound and low future test levels. Body seems to adapt to Androstenetrione over time. ADT appears to be the best choice for long term use. Some of test increase will be permanent unless you cause estrogen rebound by not tapering. ADT does not appear to need tapering.

M

Maverick64

Awards
correcrtion my free test level is 1.2. Doc said normal is 1.3 to 4.0

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
Well for about 9 months now I have suffered with the following: loss of libido, moodiness/slight depression, very tired most of the time, sleep issues, overall apathy for all the things that meant so much to me. I have had a ton of blood work done testing for everything under the sun. Finally after reading the symptoms of low test levels I pressured my doc into taking blood and gettimg my free test checked. Results (I am a 43 year old): 102 free test...doc says normal is 104 to 400...but he isn't concerned and won't prescribe HRT...instaed he wants to go the route of Paxil again, which didn't work before. So, how low is 102? I am going to see an endocrinologist next Friday, byt still interested in hearing thoughts. Also I can build some muscle , but it's hard and even though fairly clean bulking, I seem to add a lot of fat to my midsection easily.
I went through alltypes of Drs for my inability to even perform my job. After 6 months I was diagnosed with severe depression. The meds cleared my head but libido went to 0. Went on HRT this week and improvement already felt. Probably will not even need physicatric drugs any longer after a little longer TRT therapy.

D

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Not sure what lab your doctor used, but LabCorp says free test should be between 6.8 - 21.5, and total test between 241 & 827. (I'm 49 and that is what my report stated) As a weightlifter, I wouldn't accept less than 18.0 for free test and 800 or more total test. My doctor put me on Androgel and it has worked miracles. Energy and libido levels are through the roof. I'm seeing more lean mass and fat loss each week. I say find another doctor.

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
Have you had your test (free&total) checked since you started using the androgel?

D

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Have you had your test (free&total) checked since you started using the androgel?
Not yet, as I am on day 47, and I'm not due to go back to the doctor till day day 90. He did tell me that I wouldn't start to see results until after about 30 days. I actually noticed results sooner though.

pestis

pestis

Awards
most doctors, unfortunately have zero knowledge of hrt for men. they often cite heart related problem that are know to occur in women undergoing hrt. they also talk about testicular shrinkage. I had a debate about hrt with a Dr. once and when I told him about HCG to prevent shrinkage he actually said "people will try to sell you anything". what freakin rock did this guy crawl out from under.
HRT saved my ass. I'm a new man now.
my uncle was a drug addict for 30 years and could never quit for more than a year or so. A dr. checked his test levels (total test of 50 ng/dl!!!!) and put him on hrt. he said he no longer has any craving for drugs?? dont know why but very cool.

my grandfather was on Paxil for 2 years. His Dr. just put him on hrt, within 3 months he felt incredible, depression gone and he is off Paxil!!
well, there is my longwinded promotion of hrt. for those who would benefit from it of course.

Hailz,
Pestis

B

Beatmaster

Awards
I'll say change your doctor, also there is so many thing you can try,,,,
tribulus, 6oxo, novedex and many more, your nutrition.

my 2 cent here

G

gettingold

Awards
I've posted a few time before about this, but now I have another question. I was taking clomid to raise test to "normal levels". I experienced some vision side effects and doc told me to stop clomid and will discuss different treatment next app't in a month and a half. Frankly, I'm afraid my test levels will drop significantly in that time. Do you think Rebound XT or NHA stack will help. Or any other recommendations. I do have an app't with endo, but not till end of May. thanks for any input...

S

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well if you are going to go get your test levels checked, do you really want to be on anything that will raise test? Levels could be higher than what you normally are stopping you from getting a presecription for test. I would hold off till the tests go through.