Unanswered Low carb bread and Keto

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From peoples experience is low carb bread a good option just starting and found this Livlife bread it works out at 6.3 net carbs per 100 grams and 25.9 grams of protein which is 4 slices (smaller than normal loaves)with a good fat filling like salmon or cheese for example.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The whole point of keto is not to eat bread. Meat and vegetables should be your go to’s. As a rare sorta thing, stuff like that is ok. But that stuff always negatively impacted my progress when i ate it more than once or twice a week.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look up “fathead dough”. There are various other recipes as well, you can make all kinds of bread and dough using almond flour/coconut flour that are Keto friendly. I wouldn’t buy over processed premade products for this. Personally I don’t miss it, but there are plenty of alternatives

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Starches. Even lower net carbs. Limit. Especially in the beginning. After adapting, if you want to adopt carb cycling, you can, but it is best to get the body used to meat, fat, and if you want, high fibrous veggies.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone will be different especially due to the amount of muscle you have. Some will do best at close to zero carbs and other can get away with more than 50g of carbs a day maybe even 75 and still be in keto. As a general rule of thumb you would subtract the fiber from the overall carb count, however anecdotally i have found my best results came with nearly zero carbs. Another thing to consider is goals, because it is far from optimal to train without carbs. The anerobic system thrives on carbs. I have and will continue to use keto as a tool, especially for mini cuts, but I have found out after a lot of trial and error that it is not optimal for anerobic work. The short of it is that you should try to see if you stay in keto while including that bread. If you need a crutch while transitioning into keto from a carb filled diet, things like low carb breads and wraps can be very helpful. Also every now and then if your craving meals with breads, these things can help a lot.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So... I’m in ketosis right now and I’ve done this diet twice. Be careful of “net carbs”. Some carbs people think don’t count actually do and will kick you out of ketosis. Do your research on the ingredients and watch your blood levels to see if what you’re eating effects you. Some things work for me that don’t for others and vice versa. With that said. **** keto. Lol. The reason why people lose weight on the keto diet is because they stop eating **** carbs and sugar. Plus they are in a calorie deficit. The same weight loss can be achieved if you were to swap out the fat for good carbs from slow digesting stable sources. In my opinion, carbs are better because they won’t leave you looking flat and deflated like using fats as a main fuel source. It took me 2 - 3 month runs with keto to figure out its not the carbs that are my problem and keto isn’t a miracle. It’s that I can’t resist eating shitty feel good carbs and sugar when I’m not on keto. So. I’m going to come out of keto and just be hard on myself about that. This will lead to increased muscle fullness from having carbs again. Just my two cents and I would love for someone to build on this because it’s been in my head for a while lol

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So... I’m in ketosis right now and I’ve done this diet twice. Be careful of “net carbs”. Some carbs people think don’t count actually do and will kick you out of ketosis. Do your research on the ingredients and watch your blood levels to see if what you’re eating effects you. Some things work for me that don’t for others and vice versa. With that said. **** keto. Lol. The reason why people lose weight on the keto diet is because they stop eating **** carbs and sugar. Plus they are in a calorie deficit. The same weight loss can be achieved if you were to swap out the fat for good carbs from slow digesting stable sources. In my opinion, carbs are better because they won’t leave you looking flat and deflated like using fats as a main fuel source. It took me 2 - 3 month runs with keto to figure out its not the carbs that are my problem and keto isn’t a miracle. It’s that I can’t resist eating shitty feel good carbs and sugar when I’m not on keto. So. I’m going to come out of keto and just be hard on myself about that. This will lead to increased muscle fullness from having carbs again. Just my two cents and I would love for someone to build on this because it’s been in my head for a while lol
Seems not as popular as it once was with people for pretty much the reason you have said above I think I’m leaning more to carb cycling now and eating really clean

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The whole point of keto is not to eat bread. Meat and vegetables should be your go to’s. As a rare sorta thing, stuff like that is ok. But that stuff always negatively impacted my progress when i ate it more than once or twice a week.
No that is not the whole point of keto. The point of keto is making your body run on ketones and being fat adapted. For most ppl that means keeping carbs under 30gm a day. Some ppl can get away up to 50. Whatever number keeps you in ketosis. Don't matter where those carbs come from

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
From peoples experience is low carb bread a good option just starting and found this Livlife bread it works out at 6.3 net carbs per 100 grams and 25.9 grams of protein which is 4 slices (smaller than normal loaves)with a good fat filling like salmon or cheese for example.
As long as your carbs are low enough to stay in ketosis then it don't matter what source you get them from

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree man. It’s not a miricle at all. Most people just drop 5-10 lbs of water and look a lot better. For me it’s just a great way to keep my appetite low, which is all I need to drop fat quick. For weight training I always train sub optimally and don’t realize it until after I come off the diet and watch’s my lifts shoot up and muscle fullness come back.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seems not as popular as it once was with people for pretty much the reason you have said above I think I’m leaning more to carb cycling now and eating really clean
Exactly it. That’s far more beneficial to most of our goals of building muscle.