Lost everything in new orleans

fireman70128

Awards
Hello all, I am a New Orleans fireman I lost everything in the hurricane (house, car, supplements)
anyway I have been working out hard for the last 12 months I am 6'0 235 and I was looking good,
but now i had to limit myself to MRE's and poweraid and all the junk that they had us eating for the last month. I was on a strict diet
and exercise program thanks to this site, but now i have gained 14 pounds and tore my acl i need help bad. I am in
nashville now on injury. I am quitting the firedept after 5 yrs and going to LSU fulltime (Might as well do something stupid)
I want to try out for the football team and i have 7 months to prepare, If anyone has any advice on what to take or do
please give some advice.

thanks fireman70128
[email protected]

turkish

Awards
  • Established
I'm deeply sorry for what happened, and I hope you get back on track soon.

What's acl? Did it heal yet? If it doesn't prevent you from lifting or doing cardio, then hit the gym hard and eat well. You said you were looking good, so it wouldn't be too difficult for you to get back in shape since you're not a couch potato or anything, you're a fireman for God's sake :).

fireman70128

Awards
ligament in my knee and it prevents me from running that is about it, I am goung to have to have
surgery but after that I will be able to go full pull. I was woundering what is out there that will help me
loose this unwanted fat before they cut me and i have to rehab that.

dwass

dwass

Awards
Your supplementation and training depends on what position you want to try out for. Often, in a sport like football, a little bit of fat will help you - either in sheer size or in the fact that you won't be as high-maintenance.

Assess your goals in the sport first, and then you can figure out what you need to do to reach those goals.

ps - my brother tore his ACL is a skiing accident almost a decade ago, and he was by no means at 100% right after surgery. Sure, he can go all out now, but he wasn't near 100% seven months after surgery.

shct

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i tore my acl - and had surgery. It definitely takes close to a year for full, i mean full movement and bending of the knee.

they get you into therapy within 2-3 days so that your knee get work.

good luck.

shct

fireman70128

Awards
this will be the 2nd acl surgery 4 me 1 in 1999 I am just shooting 4 the fastest

recovery time.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
IGF-1

Look for thread started by S. Norman, great info on IGF-1's soft-tissue healing properties.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the also say cissus(sp?) and flex support help with the healing time.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Perhaps it depends upon how bad a tear and the Dr you use I am not sure.

Friend of mine who at the time was the best Olympic lifter for the US in the 143 lb class (not sure on the exact weight class) Had ACL surgury 2 weeks later I saw him and he was back in the gym doing 315 front squats ass to the grass. I had to go over and look at the scar myself to be sure he actually had gotten the surgury.

BTW off topic - I didn't know that each country is allowed to only send 3 people to the olympics in Olympic lifting. So even if you are the best in your weight class you may not make it to the Olympics. The US always sends their best Super Heavey Weight since MANY countries don't even have a Super Heavey Weight. So for the US that only leaves 2 more weight classes.

Ok sports lesson over lol

CROWLER

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
First, go with an allograft for replacement of the ACL. Much faster recoup time as opposed to platella or hamstring. Second, Cissus RX will speed the healing process after surgery. Finally, find a good physical therapist for rehab. A good physical therapist will also shorten recovery. However, the fact is seven months is very little time for full recovery. It can be done, but its not going to be easy.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
with two acl injuries you will have a harder time playing football

hushdrops

Awards
Good Luck -post-Katrina NOLA isn't home anymore!

good luck, i have many friends in NOLA and today heard that the city laid off 3,000 workers indefeintely and may not be able to continue paying the fire dept. after next month. i think your decision to go to coolege full-time is a good one consdiering the situiation, if you can afford to do it, that's great. maybe somehow the city will be reuilt and back on it's feet and even "better than before" (remember the wonderful people of the 9th Ward and many of the projects may not return).

my friend who evacuated more NOrth near me, managed to bring his supplements with him but they were inadvertaly left out in the sun in an extremetly hot vehcile for a few days which may have ruined them (or recuded their potency to a level where you may not know what doages would be corect, hoefuly they are ok and this won't matter, i left a note to see what others think, i have no science / chemical backgorund, i just want to find out what i can and hopefully have some good news for my friend).

Hello all, I am a New Orleans fireman I lost everything in the hurricane (house, car, supplements)
anyway I have been working out hard for the last 12 months I am 6'0 235 and I was looking good,
but now i had to limit myself to MRE's and poweraid and all the junk that they had us eating for the last month. I was on a strict diet
and exercise program thanks to this site, but now i have gained 14 pounds and tore my acl i need help bad. I am in
nashville now on injury. I am quitting the firedept after 5 yrs and going to LSU fulltime (Might as well do something stupid)
I want to try out for the football team and i have 7 months to prepare, If anyone has any advice on what to take or do
please give some advice.

thanks fireman70128
[email protected]

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Almost ALL of the elite football players that have torn ACL's take 2 years to get back to 100%.

Look at Edgerrin James, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore.

(Geez, I'm naming waaaaaaay too many Miami Hurricanes....)

So, I'd expect it to take that long to get back to 100% bro.

Good luck.