Long-term thermogenic use and antual thyroid function

travisjames

Awards
I made the mistake of taking oxy elite pro and other like thermogenics for entirely too long without really taking breaks from it. I know I made a huge mistake and am now scared I may have messed my natural thyroid function capabilities permanently. Do these thermogenic pills mess with the thyroid? Do they have the capability of shutting natural thyroid down? And will I naturally get back eventually or am I screwed? I know I did the wrong thin I was stupid with it and am not looking for anyone to reprimand me because I already know the issue. Please help

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
go to the docs and get a full spectrum of bloodwork done...
get your thyroid levels checked, test and estrogen etc... then you can determine the severity of the issue...

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
What other things did you take ? Why do you think you messed your thyroid up ?
Oxy Wont cause shutdown as far as I know. If you're nervous get it checked out, I think getting test and estrogen levels checked,while never bad, in this case is going over board.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
What other things did you take ? Why do you think you messed your thyroid up ?
Oxy Wont cause shutdown as far as I know. If you're nervous get it checked out, I think getting test and estrogen levels checked,while never bad, in this case is going over board.
Was thinking a full panel so there is nothing left to chance

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
What has occured that has led you to believe there could be perment damage?

travisjames

Awards
Ever since I have been off of them I noticed changes immediately and because so I even started eating more clean to try and counterbalance it, thinking within weeks I would be back to normal. It hasn't helped tho because I have gained fat, I am retaining a lot of water (especially in my face), and my energy has not come back. Never mind my ****y workouts as of late.

feather319

feather319

Awards
Any update on how you are feeling? I think I may be in the same situation.