Long acting HCG?

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
I wanted to buy HCG from one of my fren, he told me that he dun have the normal HCG already. But he said he have a different HCG which is long acting and is more expensive. Is there such kinda of HCG exist? I never heard about it. Anyone can provide me any info will be appreciated. Thanks

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of it. Interesting if true though.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Are you sure your source was talking about HCG and not HGH...

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah, never heard of pharmacutically sold slow release analouge. Probably would be much nicer to your lydig cells if it exists though. I'd get the actual product name from your buddy and look it up, maybe he's mistaken (or if you don't know the guy well he may be just trying to score an extra buck;))

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
give what its intended for I don't see why they would need a slow release version.

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
ok thanks for the opinion. I need to check it up the scientific name and i will let u all know or maybe its just some other product. Thanks anyway

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
i just got off of a sight that called super hgh/igf combo......but havnt come across super hcg yet.

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
I just got the Hcg and the substance name is Choriogonadotropin alfa(Ovidrel 250mg) Serono,

but the normal Hcg is named choriongonadotropin only right?

adding a name Alfa behind does that make any different? The dealer said its long acting but i dun think so.
Anyone can tell me whats the different?

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Here's a simple yahoo search answer

Ovidrel® PreFilled Syringe (choriogonadotropin alfa injection) is a sterile liquid preparation of choriogonadotropin alfa (recombinant human Chorionic Gonadotropin, r-hCG). Choriogonadotropin alfa is a water soluble glycoprotein consisting of two non-covalently linked subunits - designated a and b -consisting of 92 and 145 amino acid residues, respectively, with carbohydrate moieties linked to ASN-52 and ASN-78 (on alpha subunit) and ASN-13, ASN-30, SER-121, SER-127, SER-132 and SER-138 (on beta subunit). The primary structure of the a - chain of r-hCG is identical to that of the a - chain of hCG, FSH and LH. The glycoform pattern of the a - subunit of r-hCG is closely comparable to urinary derived hCG (u-hCG), the differences mainly being due to the branching and sialylation extent of the oligosaccharides. The b - chain has both O- and N-glycosylation sites and its structure and glycosylation pattern are also very similar to that of u-hCG.
The production process involves expansion of genetically modified Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells from an extensively characterized cell bank into large scale cell culture processing. Choriogonadotropin alfa is secreted by the CHO cells directly into the cell culture medium that is then purified using a series of chromatographic steps. This process yields a product with a high level of purity and consistent product characteristics including glycoforms and biological activity. The biological activity of choriogonadotropin alfa is determined using the seminal vesicle weight gain test in male rats described in the "Chorionic Gonadotrophins" monograph of the European Pharmacopoeia. The in vivo biological activity of choriogonadotropin alfa has been calibrated against the third international reference preparation IS75/587 for chorionic gonadotropin.

Ovidrel® PreFilled Syringe is a sterile, liquid intended for subcutaneous (SC) injection. Each Ovidrel® PreFilled Syringe is filled with 0.515 mL containing 257.5 µg of choriogonadotropin alfa, 28.1 mg mannitol, 505 µg 85% O-phosphoric acid, 103 µg L-methionine, 51.5 µg Poloxamer 188, Sodium Hydroxide (for pH adjustment), and Water for Injection to deliver 250 µg of choriogonadotropin alfa in 0.5 mL. The pH of the solution is 6.5 to 7.5.

Therapeutic Class: Infertility

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
It's a recombinant-HCG

however,
HCG- from pregnant humans

choriogonadotropin- from hamster ovaries

HAHA

sounds very interesting though

Here's another article

FDA Grants Marketing Approval For Ovidrel (Choriogonadotropin Alfa) For Infertility Treatment
[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans Serif]
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND and NORWELL, MA -- Oct. 2, 2000 -- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Serono, Inc. marketing approval for Ovidrel® (choriogonadotropin alfa for injection) for use in infertility treatment, making it the first recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) to be approved in the world.

It is the first new recombinant molecule to receive marketing authorization for the treatment of infertility since the approval of recombinant follicle stimulating hormone in 1995 with the approval of Serono's Gonal-F® (follitropin alfa for injection) by the European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products (EMEA).

Serono is planning to launch Ovidrel in the US by the first quarter of 2001. The company hopes to receive marketing approval from the EMEA for Ovidrel in the first half of 2001.

Approximately one in 10 couples of reproductive age experiences infertility. The most common cause of infertility in women is anovulation, which is brought about by irregularities in the hormones needed to produce and release healthy eggs.

Ovidrel is administered after the stimulation of the growth of follicles or eggs in the ovaries of women being treated for infertility. Ovidrel is used to trigger ovulation in women with infertility due to anovulation and to promote final maturation of eggs in the ovaries of women undergoing assisted reproductive technologies (ART), such as in-vitro fertilization.

Ovidrel is the only hCG in the US to be approved for subcutaneous injection (with a small needle under the skin), making administration convenient. Until now, hCG was extracted from the urine of pregnant women. Urine-derived hCG must be injected intramuscularly, which can often be painful and usually requires the assistance of a partner or healthcare provider.

Clinical studies have shown that Ovidrel is safe and effective. In comparative trials versus an approved urine-derived hCG, Ovidrel was associated with a lower incidence of injection site disorders, as described in the full prescribing information. Furthermore, because it is produced by recombinant DNA technology, Ovidrel has a high level of purity that permits the use of more accurate and precise assays to measure product strength than is possible with urine-derived products.

"The approval of Ovidrel by the FDA represents a major milestone in the development of treatments for infertility," said Mike Allen, Executive Vice President, North America, Reproductive Health. "Ovidrel is a convenient alternative to urine-derived hCGs and enhances the patient-friendly portfolio of infertility products offered by Serono."

Serono's reproductive health product portfolio includes Gonal-F (follitropin alfa for injection), which is subcutaneously administered for ovarian stimulation; Ovidrel, which is subcutaneously administered to trigger ovulation; and a non-injectable form of progesterone therapy, Crinone (progesterone gel), which is administered for luteal phase support.

Serono's vision is to develop innovative products to assist patients at every stage of the reproductive cycle, from ovulation to early pregnancy. The development of Ovidrel takes the company one step closer to realizing that vision and to being the first company providing a totally recombinant gonadotropin portfolio.
Side effects may occur with the use of fertility drugs. These products should only be prescribed by physicians who are thoroughly familiar with infertility problems and their management. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), with or without vascular and pulmonary complications, can occur with the use of fertility drugs. The incidence of uncomplicated, non-severe OHSS in patients using Ovidrel was 1.7 percent in ART and 3.0 percent in ovulation induction. Other side effects in women using Ovidrel include abdominal pain, injection site reactions, nausea and vomiting. Side effects in women using Gonal-F include headache, nausea, ovarian cysts and upper respiratory tract infection. Side effects for patients using Crinone include breast enlargement, constipation, cramps, emotional lability, headache, nausea and somnolence.
[/font]

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
Ovidrel is the only hCG in the US to be approved for subcutaneous injection
Wow. I didn't know that. I thought hCG was generally done subQ.

Interesting...

-kwantam

Ziv

Ziv

Carlos Hath****
Awards
thanks for the info, but is the effectivenesss the same? I still can include them in my cycle right? I dun care where they come from as long as they do their job. Why the cost is far more expensive than the normal Hcg?