Liver Protection, What really works?

UniqueUserName

Awards
And general organ protection. I've read things like Milk Thistle for the liver but looking into it, the science doesn't seem conclusive by any means.

Ideally I'm curious about specific ingrediates rather than just a branded bottle with a load of ingredients or proprietary blends.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For liver support my go to for awhile has always been CEL tudca..

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
TUDCA. I don't tolerate NAC very well for some reason.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Info !

TheGriz

Awards
TUDCA. I've used tudca with amazing results, I'll always add it ever since seeing the results. I ordered Nutricost TUDCA from Amazon. 500mg per day reduced my ALT and AST by half

BrazilianDoc

BrazilianDoc

Awards
Unless you have cholestasis ( stage of hepatitis when the live can´t drain the bilis) , TUDCA is simply uselss.

BrazilianDoc

BrazilianDoc

Awards
Unless you have cholestasis ( stage of hepatitis when the live can´t drain the bilis) , TUDCA is simply uselss.

Polly1

Awards
i have been pulsing sd at 20mg 3 days on 1 day of while using tudca and milk thistle....will get bloods done next week to see how the liver is doing....usualy the levels are off the charts,hopefully this time they will be in check.

BrazilianDoc

BrazilianDoc

Awards
Methylated steroids can cause cholestasis.
Absolutely . TUDCA can help to unclog the bile canaluculi , but it it is not clogged , not helpful as a preventitive. Before cholestasis the used show focus mainly on prevent and reverse hepatocyte inflamattion .

UniqueUserName

Awards
i have been pulsing sd at 20mg 3 days on 1 day of while using tudca and milk thistle....will get bloods done next week to see how the liver is doing....usualy the levels are off the charts,hopefully this time they will be in check.
I'd really like to see that update

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
these guys nailed it with the basics: milk thistyle, NAC & TUDCA

i usually go for either SNS Liver Assist XT + CEL TUDCA (for harsher/methyl cycles) or CEL Cycle Assist (more comprehensive than just liver - for milder or "standard" cycles)

Ironliftr3

Awards
I'm interested in the blood work results of this as my liver enzymes are chronically elevated.

Did you take both NAC and TUDCA? Is that what is recommended?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm interested in the blood work results of this as my liver enzymes are chronically elevated.

Did you take both NAC and TUDCA? Is that what is recommended?
I take Both!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I take Both!
Agreed here. Both would be good to supplement in. If you have to choose one over the other I would go with Tudca for liver protection.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Polly1 did you ever get the bloods to see results of tudca and milk thistle?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Polly1

Awards
This is the first blood test from the trt doc when i pulsed SD at 20mg and then the last week i took 20mg ED....the doc didnt take liver test on this test...i also used 5 pumps of testo gel during the SD ...the 5 pumps is my trt dose from the doc

Attachments

Polly1

Awards
This test is from my regular doc when i took SD everyday at 20mg for 3 weeks without trt and liver protection....this cycle made my sleep 24/7 from the lethargy and i swore to never do a cycle without trt dose and liver protection again!

Attachments

Polly1

Awards
Hope this gives some insight on what happends to the body during a oral cycle.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw better labs with NAC and Milk Thistle than I did with NAC and Tudca. I was surprised how many people pitch it as the best option.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I saw better labs with NAC and Milk Thistle than I did with NAC and Tudca. I was surprised how many people pitch it as the best option.
I wonder if the TUDCA or NAC you took for the previous test was legitimate.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was Liftmode, and everything I have had from there has been super legit.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I often wonder how much damage a cycle of SD (for example) would do to one's liver compared to similar duration of alcohol intake or taking high dose Acetaminophen.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I often wonder how much damage a cycle of SD (for example) would do to one's liver compared to similar duration of alcohol intake or taking high dose Acetaminophen.
All the things I’ve read it’s not more harsh than some binge drinking for a few weeks.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
‘The first few times I had tudca I questioned the potency of it till I spent the money on a good quality one and the taste of the first one I knew there was a huge difference. How effective really is tudca? Who knows but I take it just to be on the safe side. My endo always does my lover values and always been good but I also take a few other things.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
‘The first few times I had tudca I questioned the potency of it till I spent the money on a good quality one and the taste of the first one I knew there was a huge difference. How effective really is tudca? Who knows but I take it just to be on the safe side. My endo always does my lover values and always been good but I also take a few other things.
From the cursory reading up on TUDCA, it is supposed to be the most effective thing one could take to protect the liver, and has a myriad of health benefits.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It was Liftmode, and everything I have had from there has been super legit.
Ahh, maybe dose dependant to achieve better liver values.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
On the alcohol comparison, I imagine there is something to be said about the inherent dehydration involved with drinking. I think most of us here probably stay more hydrated than the average Joe and FAR more hydrated than the average night on the bar stool.

It is a curious topic though. I guess I'll submit my poor liver as the test subject if someone wants to fit the bill. I'm not a cheap date though 😉

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From the cursory reading up on TUDCA, it is supposed to be the most effective thing one could take to protect the liver, and has a myriad of health benefits.
That it does so I always take it if I’m running anything that would be lover toxic. Only have one life and body so do what I can when I’m reckless lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alcohol is sometimes lover toxic for me if I go overboard.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Nac 600mg to 1200mg and u are good. During a SD cycle i would keep NAC at 1200mg tho

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would wonder the same especially for TUDCA.
I've seen some companies sell TUDCA for prices that are simply impossible to be legit because of what the raw materials cost.
Plus, its one of those ingredients that's so expensive that companies really have to be careful of raw material suppliers on.

Lastly, I know of at least 2 cases of products that use(d) TUDCA in them that weren't dosed properly; could have been accidental but was most likely done to bring down the price of their product.

I don't name company names on things like that. I will say that I'm not talking about any companies on AM. The ones I've seen the most issues with are the Amazon type companies that are more marketing companies than they are supplement companies.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would wonder the same especially for TUDCA.
I've seen some companies sell TUDCA for prices that are simply impossible to be legit because of what the raw materials cost.
Plus, its one of those ingredients that's so expensive that companies really have to be careful of raw material suppliers on.

Lastly, I know of at least 2 cases of products that use(d) TUDCA in them that weren't dosed properly; could have been accidental but was most likely done to bring down the price of their product.

I don't name company names on things like that. I will say that I'm not talking about any companies on AM. The ones I've seen the most issues with are the Amazon type companies that are more marketing companies than they are supplement companies.
But Amazon reviews says it’s legit tudca for $10 a bottle. Were they lying??? lol

Last edited: