Life Changing Log- EFA's (3-5g DHA/day!)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For a long time, I looked for the magic pill that was gonna get me the most yoked and most ripped shape of my life. Pink Magic, Epistane, Lipodrene, etc. I tried a lot of stuff on the market back in my day...Recently I have been confronted with a lot of life obstacles; my ex-gf dumps me, debt problems, family issues, broke my thumb, and had my electronics stolen. I was not happy, decided to re evaluate my life. I dont want to be a bodybuilder anymore, thats not my goal. I want to live healthy, and I want to be physically in shape to perform in a lot of different sports. I want to live to be 100 years old if possible. Then came one night that I decided to study the causes of obesity (research for one of my classes), after reading a couple books (Fat Politics, Politics of Foos, a few other I dont recall), and a few online documentaries and articles its almost as if I knew exactly what was wrong with the American Diet, and having had previous knowledge of dieting I was able to put it all together in my mind (epiphany?).

I had done all types of diets before this: Keto, Low Carb, Carb backloading, IF, High carb, etc. There are millions of diets and I had tried a lot of them and had success but I just wasnt able to stick to them for the rest of my life. So I decided to try to develop the perfect diet for me. Starting with supplying my body with the best sources of fat Fish oils, coconut oils, and CLA. These fats all have positive health effects and all to some degree help with fat loss, so I decided to make them the basis of my entire diet. Protein is no longer of priority since I dont want to be a bodybuilder. Carbs are no longer a problem because I feel my body is able to handle insulin better. No more insulin spikes, enough protein for satiety, enough carbs not to be miserable and plenty of fat burning fats.

Also I want to add since focusing on intaking more DHA and fish oils my ability to focus has shot through the roof, memory is out of this world, I can memorize my notes a lot quicker. Additionally Emotional stability is a huge plus, it's amazing to be happy again, I look at the brighter side of things now, I have become more social and I like the changes that I have made to my understanding of life and the world. Lastly I quit drinking, and drugs (except weed, once in a while before sleep), Yes that includes Gear.

I have not been able to lift for 2 months since my surgery in my right thumb. Right now Im pretty fat @195lbs 19%BF. Goal is to be 170lbs by the end of May. Obviously trying to maintain as much muscle as possible. As of right now I cant lift I anticipate that I will start lifting sometime around mid March or maybe at the start of April. So for now I will do Lyle McDonalds Stubborn Fat Loss Protocol EOD. Basically a cardio session with 3 stages:
1st stage- Max Intervals
2nd stage- Long Steady Cardio (40Mins)
3rd Stage- Medium Intervals 30/30 (10 minutes)

My diet will be a balanced diet 33%/33%/33%. I am extremely busy and extremely ambitious with my career so everyday I am out at 8 a.m. and dont come back till like 5 p.m.

Diet & Supplements:
3 EFA pack (2 DHA-500, 5 coconut oil, 2 krill, 2 Tonalin CLA)~12F x3= 36F
2 Fruits 20C x2 = 40C
2 Scoops Gold Feast 3F/20C/20P
2 cups Whole Organic Milk 9F/12C/10P x2= 18F/ 24C/20P
2 scoops PES Select Protein 1F/2C/24P x2 = 2F/4C/48P
2 Animal Paks
2 Quest Bars 5F/3C/20P x2 = 10F/6C/40P
60g Colostrum (training days)
2 Corazones Bars 5F/30C/5P x2 = 10F/60C/10P
2 Chicken breasts 40-50P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
80F/155C/138P-188P
--------------------------------------------------------
~2100 kcal (assuming I consume 180P)
~1900 kcal (assuming I consume 140P)

I will make changes if I things slow down, but I like to keep my diet balanced. I used to be that extreme dieter that would go 15F/50C/200P it was a miserable crash diet to say the least. So I started incorporating healthy fats while limiting bad fats. This should help with insulin sensitivity as well as dopamine levels in the brain, so it should be a manageable diet to stay on for a while. Since incorporating bigger doses of EFA i noticed my ability to tolerate carbs has sharply increased. I dont get cravings and I feel fuller longer. Protein on my off days is mostly a source of satiety while on my On days I will use colostrum to help me recover (30g Pre, 30g Post). I will try to consume 3-5g of DHA everyday through supplements.

While I will try to stick to this to a T, I might have to adjust it on any given day. The major points of this diet is a strong EFA foundation, limiting sugar intake, enough protein to recover and to stay full.

Time Span:
February-June=4 months
Goal 5lbs fat loss/Month

I usually log it all on my daily planner, so i think Ill keep doing that and post here every weekend,

Feel free to follow me.

I will more than likely add a few goodies throughout the log (just not sure whats allowed to log and what isnt? ECA? DNP?)

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Reserved