Korean red Ginseng

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
any users, anyone have it before?

its very expensive even here in Korea. i picked up a small box for about 10,000 won but i see it in upwards of 150 bucks here

i read all day on herbalism and diff **** for giggles and what not

any one have any good info or anecdotes :bb3:

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
Ginseng killed my bone tumor! Die, you mofo!!!!

Well, I had a recurring benign Giant Cell Tumor growing in my left distal ulna (wrist bone).

Had a curretage the first time.

Started growing again within a year.

Swelled up to 2 golf ball sizes (it's on my wrist , so its visible) within a few months.

I swear that when I started taking G*C's (sorry) Triple Ginseng, the tumor actually started to shrink, and shrank to 1/2 a golf ball.

Before taking the ginseng, the tumor feels warm to touch, as its sucking in lots of blood and growing like a mofo. When I took 4 a day, it felt cooler.

Still, I had the tumor removed by re-sectioning (cut out) the nearby wrist bone.

I have been taking ginseng everyday, and the tumor never grew back. Sometimes, when I stop taking it, I can feel the pain in my wrist bone coming back. :)

But I think taking ginseng continuously could have caused my high BP. :(

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
good to hear

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
any users, anyone have it before?

its very expensive even here in Korea. i picked up a small box for about 10,000 won but i see it in upwards of 150 bucks here

i read all day on herbalism and diff **** for giggles and what not

any one have any good info or anecdotes :bb3:
hey outbacker!

My parents use ginseng from time to time. Im not exactly sure what the difference between the Ginsengs are however my parents explained it to me like this. Their are two types of ginsengs one that is grown by man. The other is found in nature and is usually hundreds of dollars for a few pounds of that stuff(not to mention old). My parents believe that giving ginseng is like a type of good luck. Also, they said that Ginseng has a very powerful antioxidant. She described to me that it helps when your very sick to help you get better but should not be used daily. She also said that taking it too often can diminish if not negate the effects of the ginseng. Im not too sure how reliable this stuff is but back when I was a kid, my parents used to take me to all these famous doctors. They dont the same medical beliefs that we do here. They instead believe in herbal/natural cures. I used to get sick as a kid and my parents would take me to these doctors. They examine you, and would whip up a various herbs and things to help you get better.

anyway im not sure on the exact effects of the Ginseng itself but I hope what I said has some sort of value :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Ginseng, as a class of herbs, is classified as an adaptogen.

As far as I recall, adaptogens are harmless, protective, recovery-boosting compounds that generally assist the body to adapt to stress while enhancing its performance.

There are three types of Ginseng: 1) Oriental or panax ginseng; 2) American or panax quinquefolium; and 3) Siberian or eleutherococcus senticocus. This is the most widely researched adaptogen. Interestingly, “Siberian Ginseng” is not from Siberia, not even from Russia. It comes from China! In China, Russian Eleutherococcus is referred to as “Ciwuja”. However, Eleutherococcus from the two regions (China and Russia) is from the same botanical family, although the Russian herb is acknowledged to be the most potent of all. Scientists have demonstrated that the chemical composition of the Eleuthero from the Russian strain contains larger amounts of bioactive compounds. In particular, it contains significant amounts of the key active, Eleutheroside B. This compound plays a central role in the anti-stress and anabolic actions of Eleuthero.

Eleutherococcus is regarded as the prototype adaptogen. In fact, it was declared an official herbal medicine by the USSR Ministry of Health in 1962, and was effectively included in the National Drug Guide, the then pharmacopoeia of the USSR.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Ginseng, as a class of herbs, is classified as an adaptogen.

As far as I recall, adaptogens are harmless, protective, recovery-boosting compounds that generally assist the body to adapt to stress while enhancing its performance.

There are three types of Ginseng: 1) Oriental or panax ginseng; 2) American or panax quinquefolium; and 3) Siberian or eleutherococcus senticocus. This is the most widely researched adaptogen. Interestingly, “Siberian Ginseng” is not from Siberia, not even from Russia. It comes from China! In China, Russian Eleutherococcus is referred to as “Ciwuja”. However, Eleutherococcus from the two regions (China and Russia) is from the same botanical family, although the Russian herb is acknowledged to be the most potent of all. Scientists have demonstrated that the chemical composition of the Eleuthero from the Russian strain contains larger amounts of bioactive compounds. In particular, it contains significant amounts of the key active, Eleutheroside B. This compound plays a central role in the anti-stress and anabolic actions of Eleuthero.

Eleutherococcus is regarded as the prototype adaptogen. In fact, it was declared an official herbal medicine by the USSR Ministry of Health in 1962, and was effectively included in the National Drug Guide, the then pharmacopoeia of the USSR.
geez strag. like always good posting. your post are extremely scientific. Just wondering, do you get these off websites (copy and paste) or do you know this stuff off the top of your head. seems like you sure do know plenty. :thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
geez strag. like always good posting. your post are extremely scientific. Just wondering, do you get these off websites (copy and paste) or do you know this stuff off the top of your head. seems like you sure do know plenty. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Cellar. I am happy to contribute when I can. Now to your question: I know a little and I read a lot, or try to, when I find the time. When I am lucky, I have a good recall. When I am not so lucky, I recheck my sources.