Ketamine centers anyone try it?

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not a nootropic per say but these centers have popped up all over claiming it cures depression, pain, ocd, etc. Has anyone been to one? I've thought about giving it a shot. Insurance covers part of it so seems worthwide assuming I don't end up in a K hole or something.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Where are you located? The Ketamine, MDMA, Psilocybin research stuff is interesting to me and would be neat to try under a physician.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Where are you located? The Ketamine, MDMA, Psilocybin research stuff is interesting to me and would be neat to try under a physician.
I'm by the one in Greenwood IN. Right I would be up for any of them.

Chinnmusic

Chinnmusic

Awards
I’ve heard great things! My friend is a “super nurse” that runs nursing departments in California and she has done the research and says do it! It can be pretty psychedelic for some/ most. It’s a tranquilizer so you won’t freak out but you will come to saying holy ****

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have not tried it personally, but it is used in our emergency department for what are called conscious sedations. I have to attend all these sessions to ensure the patient keeps breathing, even though ketamine is not known to affect respiratory drive. Basically it just dissociates the patient from the moment while they are having a shoulder reduction or an abscess drained etc..

During this period, most people act like they are on a really bad trip and can freak out/act violent. When the med wears off, they don’t recall any of that. In these instances though, it looks like a horrible drug and some of our physicians won’t even use it.

A therapeutic low dose could be interesting, but going in for a 45 minute to 2 hr infusion session seems kind of odd. Maybe the theory is that it resets the brain and/or nervous system?

chapoTraphou5e

Awards
its too expensive i wish we could just buy it and do it at home

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not surprisingly, there are many clinics here in CO that offer this. Also not surprising, almost all of them get great reviews for how well it works for depression and migraines.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nootropics 32
ax1 General Chat 3
kraftkid Training Forum 5