Just tested positive for ANA (perhaps lupus)

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
I tested positive for ANA today, which could potentially mean I have lupus.

I asked for the lupus test due to a plethora of musculo skeletal problems and night terrors (attributed to seizure activity).

I'm going to see the doctor again this week, what else should I have him look into?

So far I want to get my DHEA, CRP, and estrogen checked out.

Anything else I should know?

On a side note my white, red, platelets, etc were all in reference range. Tested negative for Lyme and rheumatoid.

Thanks guys, hopefully I don't have it, but it would explain a lot of things.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tested positive for ANA today, which could potentially mean I have lupus.

I asked for the lupus test due to a plethora of musculo skeletal problems and night terrors (attributed to seizure activity).

I'm going to see the doctor again this week, what else should I have him look into?

So far I want to get my DHEA, CRP, and estrogen checked out.

Anything else I should know?

On a side note my white, red, platelets, etc were all in reference range. Tested negative for Lyme and rheumatoid.

Thanks guys, hopefully I don't have it, but it would explain a lot of things.
What type of musculoskeletal problems were you having?

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Inexplicable joint pain everywhere, ankles, knees, wrists, etc that is horrible for a week, and feels fine for a week.
Mild and severe muscle tears all over the place, pec, hamstring, bicep.
For a young healthy guy that takes excellent care of himself, doesn't add up.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get it taken care of/under control. Good luck with it bud

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I saw this and had to post, I went through something simliar, I was tested twice for lupus, and finally the second time came out positive...(not that I wanted it but i thought i was going nutty).....Mine is more joint pains, the face rash and a very weakend immune system, ( I also teach special ed, so I get anything and everything)............

I wish you well and if you need anything feel free to pm me........

((HUGZ))))