Just spent $27 on Energy Drinks. New Addiction.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Diet Rockstar, God it's so good.
Sobe Adrenaline Rush Sugar Free is legit too.
They don't even give me energy and just empty my wallet

On an empty stomach, with my doctor prescribed Oxycodone for the busted knee, I swear it numbs my brain, makes me so happy, and makes me type faster :type:

what other energy drinks do we like?

no crabs and the walls are spinning, what a feeling. a win-win

edit: that's carbs.. not crabs.

RSX-S

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm a fan of the lo-carb monsters,
sugar free red bull
sugar free sobe adrenaline.

All good choices. But I'm like you, I don't even think they give me any energy, they just taste good.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
low carb monster
diet redbull

also im not sure if they make a diet version, but hansens energy drinks are unbelievable....they seriously taste like those christmas colored marshmallows...ok im done!

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just tried the new mountain dew MDX energy (sugar free version)….. it made me feel fantastic…. I was surprised

I was feeling like **** and it made me happy for 45 min or so.

Ingredients –

Ingredients: Carbonated water, natural flavors, citric acid, potassium benzoate, citrus pectin, gaurana seed extract, d-ribose, caffeine, maltodextrin, gum arabic, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, inverted sugar syrup, yellow #5, ascorbic acid, calcium disodium EDTA, taurine, panax ginseng extract, strawberry juice concentrate, sodium benzoate, brominated vegetable oil, blue #1

Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 8 fl oz; Servings per container: 2; Amount per serving: Calories: 0; Total fat: 0g; Sodium: 30mg; Total carbs: 0g; Sugars: 0g; Protein: 0g

I am addicted to energy drinks too……this one made me feel better than most of the others I have tried.

Could you guys list ingredients of the ones you like so we can compare?

That would be peachy.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Any version of Red Bull and any Red Bull clone rocks my world. The only other one I'd consider drinking is 'V', which is fruity as hell and tastes great.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
im a monster SF fan also, or if i go to GNC theyll usually have there going out of date energy drinks for like 60 cents so ill pick up some adrenalin stacks, speed stacks etc.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
definatly will have to go with the monster drinks, hands down best in my book. :thumbsup:

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I can’t help but buy a can of Diet Rockstar when I see one. I saw a new one this weekend the can was huge. Had 364mg of caffeine, probably equivalent to about 3 redbulls worth in it. I really do like the taste of Rockstar....

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
There's a new one called BOO-KOO. 3 cans worth of drink. Beleive me, they are huge.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Which one's actually:

1. Taste good
2. Have no sugar
3. Have 150 cals or less

I've tried Diet Rockstar, it's not bad. Tates better with Jack Daniels in it :D
Red Bull is prety good. Haven't tried any others.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
American Body Building's Speed Stack back when they had the ephedrine in them. cant beat the lemon lime. now my favorite is drinking a diet cherry coke and popping 200mg caffiene and 25 mg ephedrine...weeeeee

ive also tried Redline RTDs. wow, talk about jittery, but they made me feel like crap too. i think the yohimbe is what did it to me. i got cold sweats and sick to my stomach. never again...but if you can tolerate the Y..go for it.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
Which one's actually:

1. Taste good
2. Have no sugar
3. Have 150 cals or less

Monster low-carb has 20cals per 16oz can, 6g of sugar and tastes awsome.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
ANSI's extreme shock
ABB's speed shot

both are sugar free and very low cals (under 50)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
ABB's Adrenlyn - and it tastes good too!
Met-RX has a decent one called Amp X (or something X - I've forgotten - got a bunch for a buck at a Vitamin World going out of biz sale). Doesn't taste that great.

I've not tried their new Speed Shot - but it looks like it has a good ingrediant profile.
Not tried Endorush either.

My fav. of the "outlawed" stuff was Thermo Hydroxadrine (my complaint was not enough tyrosine though). Better priced than Speed Stack.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
I can’t help but buy a can of Diet Rockstar when I see one. I saw a new one this weekend the can was huge. Had 364mg of caffeine, probably equivalent to about 3 redbulls worth in it. I really do like the taste of Rockstar....
damn, 300+ mgs of caffene in that drink (almost 400):aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
There's a new one called BOO-KOO. 3 cans worth of drink. Beleive me, they are huge.

Thats the one! I saw it at a 7-11 the size of the can got my attention. The sugar content helped me lose my attention :)

damn, 300+ mgs of caffene in that drink (almost 400):aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:

Just the shear amount of liquids would bother me (24ounces).

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
VPX redline, but taste is bad........
I tried that. I drank the whole bottle and felt nothing. I usually respond pretty ok to stims too. A good thing however since I find it tastes like cough medicine.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Which one's actually:

1. Taste good
2. Have no sugar
3. Have 150 cals or less

Sobe Adrenaline Rush SF is good sh**. If you like mango taste, it's great.

On the sugar side, try the new Sobe Superman. It's a great tasting energy drink but has alot of sugar. NoFear Gold isn't bad either. If you want energy go with Mountain Dew Amp. The sh** has me bouncing off the walls at work. They also come in 24oz now.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Love Rockstar, Red Bull and Red Rain (Red Bull knock off but tastes the same) and it is 2 for $2.19 at my local convenience store.....combine one of those drinks with the Asteroid Beta that USP gave me and you got one hell of an energy rush in the gym :D

jecko

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I tried a Diet Rockstar the other day. Much better than I expected. It tasted good, and I definitely felt improved energy and focus after. Thanks CED59, for starting this thread and giving me something else to waste my money on :FUfinger:

:D

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Just had a new Red Bull clone today, it's 20p less than a can of Red Bull and has ~300ml more in it :D

ktw

Awards
  • Established
QuickTrip has diet redbull clones, 4 packs are like 4.25 but don't taste as good, still get the job done.

Honestly, a can of redline before a squat or deadlift session will make me so wired that I don't wanna wait more than 30 seconds between sets. I've actually been known to just walk around the gym with my belt on bored as **** waiting for 2 minutes to pass.

Favorite overall is Diet Redbull, chilled ice cold. You can get a 30 pack for 36 bucks at Smart and Final, maybe it's a 24 pack, not sure.

For studying though, nothing beats a Diet Rockstar shotgunned with half a no doz tab 30 minutes after and about 1/2 gallon of water.

CEO, that oxy is something huh? Got some for my wisdom teeth once, I felt unreal on it.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
This is getting very addicting, I just drank two today, and wish I could buy more, but I was at work, so my lunchtime is spent fetching those goddamn energy drinks :) I always tell myself I dont need them, but I end up drinking them anyways..

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
red bull, if i could only have one drink for the rest of my life that would be it, yes a shorter life but a very exciting one.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
The energy drinks are not that bad IMO, they are far better than any stim based fat burners IMO.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Never tried any of these new drinks i've only tried Jolt and Whoop Ass at a local 7-11. I wanna try redbull though.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Never tried any of these new drinks i've only tried Jolt and Whoop Ass at a local 7-11. I wanna try redbull though.

I used to be a fan of Jolt back when I didnt mind sugar. I prefer diet Rockstar by far now however. Much more of a kick to it.

choochoo60

Awards
i LOVE Monster, me and my roomate buy the regular in 24 packs. the taste is just awesome, plus it seems like i can write 6-10 page papers like nothing.... it taste so good when it hits ur lips

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
A trip to CustomNutritionWarehouse's bulk products page and some crystal light will blow any store bought energy drink out of the water...:)

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
i actually tried a new energy drink this past week, Steven Segals Lightning bolt! it tastes horrible, the only two flavors they had were asian experiance and cherry explosion. good thing they were only $1. although i did feel like ripping someones adams apple out and talking quietly after drinking one.

also, what are red bull clones? are they made by red bull? i have not seen one yet.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
A trip to CustomNutritionWarehouse's bulk products page and some crystal light will blow any store bought energy drink out of the water...:)

Damn right! I also use his flavoring (watermellon) to make my own red bull. All My friends prefer its taste and I use less of certain compounds because I dont think such high doses are needed for most people.