just got back from my doctor..

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
well not just...but am posting...

im not going to bore you with my 1hr long plea for help, you know....."YOUR NORMAL" crap..

bottom liine, hes doin homework, and im getting cypionate on monday, LOOOOOONG STORY

anyway, managed to squeeze another number out him reguarding thyroid....

MY TSH ......2.12
FREE T3......5.8PMOL...... not sure the range...3.8-6pmol

what the frig would that mean..... i didnt push for the free t4, because it was quite the ordeal to find the T3 number, and i was focusing on getting a script..

phats

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
free t3 converted to pg/dl

for Quest Diagnostics is: 230-420 pg/dL...ME 376pg

converted to pg/dl... 3.76?

so it looks good...

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, worth noting...

he mentioned that this would be "off label" prescription...

phats

smc252

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, a TSH of 2 is what some aim for in men. Assuming normal ranges, T3 looks good/optimal as well. - I'm no doctor though.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
free t3 converted to pg/dl

for Quest Diagnostics is: 230-420 pg/dL...ME 376pg

converted to pg/dl... 3.76?

so it looks good...
3.820 <--FT3 start of upper 20%
3.725 <--FT3 start of upper 25%

Your FreeT3 looks good.

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
gr8...i figured as much...was hoping too...so my "feelings/symptoms" are likely/hopefully all testosterone related......

phats

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
hey bud.. i have another blood requistion here...

adrenals=cortisol correct??

so if i write for say 24hr urine or saliva...will the lab give me something....or should i already have it and take it in on day of blood work..

thanks

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
hey bud.. i have another blood requistion here...

adrenals=cortisol correct??

so if i write for say 24hr urine or saliva...will the lab give me something....or should i already have it and take it in on day of blood work..

thanks
24 hour urine cortisol test is a valid test covered by insurance :)

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
yes....but what im wondering is....when i go to get blood drawn, and i write 24hr urine cortisol on the blood req...

should i just show up with a 4 litre jug of urine...or when i get my blood taken, they will give me a proper container for the urine....??

im thinking saliva would be easier.....but urines better

phats

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
yes....but what im wondering is....when i go to get blood drawn, and i write 24hr urine cortisol on the blood req...

should i just show up with a 4 litre jug of urine...or when i get my blood taken, they will give me a proper container for the urine....??

phats
Urine shows average over the day
salvia shows more fluctations of the day

Urine is a good over marker but does not show peak and valleys. If a person is high , then low , then high then low over the day then this will show up as being normal on a urine test where a salvia test would distgnuish the differences

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
understood....HOWEVER...my question is..

when i go to get blood drawn, will they give me the swabs...then i bring them back later...lor should i get them ahead of time?

thnaks

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

phats
They should give you the sample container with instructions. You don't just pee in a jug for 24 hours. The urine has to be kept cool, preferably iced. They may ask you not to take certain nutritional supplements for a period of time before the sample - on the morning that you start the sample, you discard the first morning urine and then start, and so on. Gathering the sample is fairly involved - you have to make sure you read the instructions carefully.