Jmh80 Logs X-Factor/Drive/RPM (sponsored)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Off we go.
I'll be logging X-factor/Drive/RPM for the next 2 months (or so).

Stats:
28 years old
5'11"
170 lbs this morning
Chest - 40"
Arms - 15"
Waist at belly button (relaxed - not holding stomach in) - 31"
Waist at hips - 30.5" (a bit bloated)
Quads - 21" for left, 22" for right
calves - 15.25"

Dose:
X-factor - 4 caps/day, divided into 2 or 4 doses (depends if I forget)
Drive - 8 caps/day, divided into 2 doses - first thing in the AM and pre-WO
RPM - 3 caps right now pre-WO, may go up from there

Other supps:
Naplam w/ clen - have been on since 2/23/08 (rotating with Lipo-Y) and will finish this out, should be 2 or 3 more weeks
multi vitamin
NOW's curcumin
Twinlab B vitamin
Saw palmetto
SAM-E
NOW's vita berry
Miracle Reds
NOW's methyl B-12 sublingual
NOW's astaxanthin
Nutra's ALA, ALCAR, tyrosine
TrueProtein's Alpha GPC (and a few other nootropics maybe once per week)
Designer Supps' Glucophase XR (only before big carb meals - a few times per week)
Ergopharm's 1-NO pre-WO - only a week and a half left, will double up to finish faster
Gaspari's SizeOn - about a week and a half left - have to take post-WO as it really upsets my stomach (look forward to finishing as I can't take all the crapping much longer)
PAL's ResetAD
various stimulants - will be reducing those down to just diet soda now that I'm on RPM
Muscle Milk n Oats (not sure if a supp) - one per day at work, tastes really good

I've stopped fish oil and flax oil - was taking 5 grams a day of both of those.

Goals:
Lean out - in pursuit of a 6 pack for the first time since I was 18/19. Napalm has really helped - 5 are visible right now.
With this stack - I'm going for a really clean bulk, but won't jeopardize my bodyfat just for gains.
Other than that - am just excited to try this stack.

Prior experience with these supps:
Drive log - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/applied-nutriceuticals/77554-jmh80-reviews-drive.html
RPM - have a bottle, have used sparingly at 1 or 2 caps pre-WO
Never used X-factor

Training:
5 days a week of lifting - still very much the workout I got from Bobo. Have had to swap some exercises out because they cause me joint issues (and didn't in 2005).

I am now doing cardio again for the first time in 2 years or so. I'm doing 20 to 30 mins after lifting 4 days a week. Every once and a while for fun I go on an off-day and do 45 mins or so.
Abs are done 3 days a week currently. Though not many reps - haven't worked them in a long time either and they get cramped quickly.

Diet:
Protein is 170 to 250 grams/day as of late.
Carbs are variable - 100 to upwards of 400. (Not carb cycling - just happens.)
Fats - will be lower till I figure out what to replace the unsaturated fats with.
Will try to keep track of my diet at least a few days a week on here or Fitday.
I have one cheat day per week - a weekend day. I do slip up and have cheat meals here and there during the week. I'd say that happens every other week on average. (Going out with friends to eat, for instance.)

Pics:
Teh products

chest from the side

Front picture

Back

Biceps from Sept

For reference - before I started Napalm (2/23/08)

All pictures are cold (i.e. not from post-WO)

I'd welcome input or questions.
Later.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Definitely sub'd !! Looks like you've got every planned out real nicely .. I'm happy to see I'm not the only one choking down a boatload of pills a day as well ! (multis, fish oil, ALCAR, ALA, and so on and so forth..)

Best of luck !

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
By the way, it's awesome that you've been lucky enough to avoid those nasty stretchmarks by the armpit area ! I thought those were inevitable when growing .. :wtf: . . . HOW ?! lol

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Definitely sub'd !! Looks like you've got every planned out real nicely .. I'm happy to see I'm not the only one choking down a boatload of pills a day as well ! (multis, fish oil, ALCAR, ALA, and so on and so forth..)

Best of luck !
Hehe - I forgot some I'm taking and I'm going off some. So - it was way more than I posted.

I went off:
Leukix
Gakix
fish/flax (of course)
Thermolife G-Tek (just finished - not a pill but still)
Nutra's beta-alanine tabs (stopped)
AP (before high carb/cheat meals)
P'slin (every once and a while before a workout)
SAN's Blaze

I'm taking but forgot to post:
SuperCissus
NOW's Relora (for higher stress days at work)
Unique's picamillon and pyritinol (during work)
Xtend - 4 scoops pre-WO and 2 post, don't have much left

I also figured I'd post something about myself - since I'm not around all that often now and most of this place nowadays seems to have been around for less than a year.

I'm a chemical engineer for an oil company. I've been working for 4 years now. Graduated with a 4.0 gpa from an SEC school.
I grew up in south Florida - hence being a Canes fan.
I live in south Looziana now. Perhaps will be moved to Houston in a year or so - depends on needs at work.
I have a dog - corgi mix.
I'm perpetually single. (Perhaps that's changing - we'll see.)
I'm an admin at a sports forum.
Dunno what else to say here.

Oh - I have up pictures from 2002 before I started lifting (again) in the Pictures forum. Look for my thread - I forget the title.
I was a skinny POS.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
By the way, it's awesome that you've been lucky enough to avoid those nasty stretchmarks by the armpit area ! I thought those were inevitable when growing .. :wtf: . . . HOW ?! lol
I have some - but you really have to look close to notice.

I have no idea how I avoided them. Wish I had some miracle tip - alas, I don't.
I didn't apply anything or do anything notable.

Thanks for the support, BTW.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It's full of a lot of adults who act like children, B. I go to BB.com for a good laugh and break. (Because I don't have to moderate all that foolishness.)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Down for this. I want to the see the power of a test booster and X-Factor have together. Subbeddddd.

Was the removal of fish oil personal preference or required? (also if you heard about the reversal of the no EFAs while on X-Factor are you doing it just to make sure there is no competing between the two or just feel like dropping them?)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is my only issue at all with x-factor, dropping the fish oils.

So far in doing 2 cycles of x-factor, both times i've noticed some fairly rapid drop of 2-3 lbs of fat in the first couple weeks of using it. If it works out that way for you, you ought to see the other ab :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Down for this. I want to the see the power of a test booster and X-Factor have together. Subbeddddd.

Was the removal of fish oil personal preference or required? (also if you heard about the reversal of the no EFAs while on X-Factor are you doing it just to make sure there is no competing between the two or just feel like dropping them?)
I only saw one post about the reversal about no EFA's. I figured I'd give it a first go without them. No other real reason.
No one told me I had to drop them.

I've got the bulk X-factor. Will likely do my next run with fish oil/flax just to compare.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in bro! Good luck man and damn congrats on the 4.0 dude, very impressive!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Good deal. The no EFA rule was the biggest thing holding me back from X-Factor but I got a free bottle coming so it would be cool to see a comparison. Best of luck with the log man.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
that is my only issue at all with x-factor, dropping the fish oils.

So far in doing 2 cycles of x-factor, both times i've noticed some fairly rapid drop of 2-3 lbs of fat in the first couple weeks of using it. If it works out that way for you, you ought to see the other ab :)
Hadn't heard that. Cool.
Should also help that I'm now doing abs and cardio consistantly. The bottom ab on my right has made some good improvement the last 2 weeks (even though I've been doing this since late Feb).

I forgot to say that I added NOW's plant sterols supp to sort of combat the loss of fish oil. I likely don't need it for cholesterol - I'm just paranoid after my Dad died over cardiovascular stuff.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
However there are a few more serious side effects that may be seen with high dose fish oil consumption which may warrant caution.

The first of these is that high doses of fish oil may decrease immune function (in opposition to lower intakes, which may enhance it) [40-42]. While this is beneficial in some autoimmune diseases it is not always desirable. For example, high amounts of fish oil may impair bacterial resistance [43]. Modest doses, in the range of 1-2 g of EPA/DHA daily, do not appear to have a negative impact on immune function over 6 months [40]. This effect may also be avoided with supplemental vitamin E [42]. A second potential problem is increased lipid peroxidation, resulting in an increase in oxidative stress [44-47]. However, this effect can also be remedied with vitamin E [9, 48].

Another possible side effect is an increase in LDL cholesterol and a decrease in HDL cholesterol [49-50]. The first of these effects can be seen with doses as low as 3.6 g/day in humans [49]. However, LDL increase is generally less than 5% [16], and fish oil on balance has a very positive impact on the cardiovascular system. Since fish oil thins the blood, it may also increase the likelihood of bleeding, but it does not appear to do this at lower doses. 2-5 grams a day, even when combined with other blood thinners such as aspirin, do not appear to increase bleeding time, but intake over 20 grams a day will increase bleeding times [16]. Other possible side effects of high or very high dose fish oil consumption reported in animals are increased liver and spleen weight, adverse effects on iron metabolism, and red blood cell deformities [45, 46, 50], but it is doubtful that these are relevant in moderate doses.

What all of this amounts to is, fish oil consumption in a healthy individual should probably be kept within a reasonable range, and additional supplementation with vitamin E is also a good choice. The amount of fish oil one takes should be dependent on both goals and the amount of EPA/DHA present in the fish oil. The optimal range for both safety and effectiveness in most healthy individuals is 1-4 g of EPA/DHA daily, and this amount shouldn't be exceeded without medical supervision. Most fish oils are standardized to 30% EPA/DHA, so this would be about 3-12 one gram caps daily. If the fish oil is standardized to a different amount the dosage should be changed accordingly, for example 2-8 caps of a 50% EPA/DHA product. Most of the benefits (other than possibly the change in body composition, for which there is presently little functional data) can be seen with 1-2 grams of EPA/DHA daily. Most fish oil capsules also contain vitamin E, but if they don't, a vitamin E supplement should be taken also.

45 - IRP1 activity and expression are increased in the ...[J Nutr. 2003] - PubMed Result

46 - Effects of fish oil- and olive oil-rich diets on i...[Br J Nutr. 2003] - PubMed Result

47 - Subchronic toxicity of fish oil concentrates in male and female rats.
I am still challenge to believe that those who claim to gain XXlbs when they started using high dose fish oil are not gaining anything other than XXlbs of weight to their liver ;)

Sorry for the OT post.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4g of EPA/DHA daily is around the equivalent of 13g of average fish oil caps :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've cut down from 30g? :D

I have reduced mine for iron reasons. I have yet to see anything consequencial(sp) either negative or positive. I still use about 6-9g for about 2-3g EPA/DHA

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Im in bro! Good luck man and damn congrats on the 4.0 dude, very impressive!
Anyone that says grades don't matter in college is F.O.S.
The ONLY reason I got a job in spring 2004 was because of my gpa. Serious.
The market sucked and companies were only really interested in the top 3 or 4 chem. engineers at most schools (MIT notwithstanding).

B - I never went above 5 grams of fish oil/day. Usually 3.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Almost there!

This stack may just help push you over the hump bud. You've almost got that rock solid 6-pack your looking for. I'll be following along as well. Even without the complete ab definition you still have an impressive build...you can definitely be happy with yourself there. Hard work goes along way!

Cheers!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man.

Chest workout tonight.
Impressions - ancillary body parts got really sore tonight (esp. rear delts - which is really strange for a chest workout for me). RPM gave me some good energy the whole workout, and cardio afterwards. Libido is starting to migrate upwards.

Incline was + 10 lbs first 2 sets and +5 3rd set (I.E. had to drop 5 lbs off for the 3rd set)
Decline was +10 lbs for first 2 sets, unchanged 3rd set. Had to take 10 lbs off to maintain good form. Rear delts started to interfere during 2nd set.
Flyes were +5 lbs on all 3 sets. (Last workout looked like I petered out after the first set - otherwise I'd be saying +5 lbs on the first set only relative to my normal weights as of late.)
Cable fly's were +5 lbs.

Did 40 mins of cardio - then the gym guy kicked me out.

Good workout. Beginning to see the Drive strength increases I saw last time. Should be funner at 8 caps and with RPM/XF also thrown in.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Put some tan on you and your already in competition shape already. You plan on competing? if so what organizations?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Put some tan on you and your already in competition shape already. You plan on competing? if so what organizations?
I've got Atomic Meltdown - have been using it a day per week. Started 3 weeks ago. Am going REALLY slowly in building up a tan.

No need to burn myself. (Have a pool party late May and also trip to the beach in FLA Memorial Day week.)

I don't plan to compete. I don't think I can do the pre-contest diet with really low carbs while on my job. A guy I worked with competed a few years ago at a show here in Looziana and he had people really mad at him because his brain just wasn't processing info quickly at all.
(I'm the same way on low carbs.)

Besides - my legs suck and will continue to. My left knee has given me trouble for the last few years. (Pain when near horizontal while squatting - or at the start of a leg extension.)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course I'm gonna subscribe to this log.

Best of luck with your results, buddy.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
this looks awesome. im having awesome results with drive/rpm. curious to see how it works with x factor. good luck.

btw, congrats on being an engineer. i was in the ME program at cal poly pomona. my enthusiasm began to diminish tho. now im studying kinesiology to go on to grad school to get my doctorate in physical therapy. i still wonder how life would be different if i had stuck with ME. oh and the fact that you graduated with a 4.0 as an engineer........

:box:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AXholes
vagIBEnas (I think this one is my new favorite)
ApeNuts
MoleNuts

We all know how to have a good time.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry, I tried to come up with a perverted name for people who like IBE, Applied Nutraceuticals, and Molecular Nutrition.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just saw this, good luck J!! :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Trauma.

Ok - 4/13/08 off day
4/14/08 - cardio, 45 mins. 5 mins of really high RPM's on the elliptical. HIIT. (Can't run - bad left knee.)
4/15/08 - intended to work biceps/delts but the plant had a bad issue and I was there late. Till 6:30 - near a 12 hour day. Too tired to lift.

4/16/08 - legs.
Soreness REALLY kicked in.
Warm up exercises then into hamstring curls. +10 lbs on first 2 sets. Really burning so back to normal 3rd set.
leg presses - same (have to be really careful due to my knee). Good feeling in my quads - they don't feel like they are really getting worked all that often.
stiff legged deads - + 10 lbs. Lower back had a nice pump - not Superdrol bad or anything.
Lunges were + 10 lbs. Barely made it through those. Glutes and inner quads were really sore (in addition to hams).
leg extensions - able to add another set at +10 lbs. Left knee started to bother me - had to limit ROM at the bottom of the rep.
Calf raises - +15 lbs. Really good pump there.

All in all - pretty good workout. Was starting to work up a sweat early - normally happens with leg presses (2nd or 3rd set).
Really glad I got a good quad pump. Maybe I can finally add some size to them.

Hit my 200 to 250 grams of protein - initial look was 225. Will total my intake later this week.

Libido is definitely increasing. No stomach issues with Drive at 8 caps/day. (But - I've taken some Forselean supps already this year - but not all the way through.)
Drive looks to be up way before RPM or X-factor. Less than 30 days. RPM should last for a while at 3 to 4 caps.

Bed now.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ugh - slept awful last night. Speeding ticket on the way to work. Tired all day. Mind was just gone after work.
Skipped the gym - am going to be soon.

Will move arms/delts to tomorrow and chest, back after. 3 days in a row, which I don't normally do w/ upper body, but oh well.

Speed321

Awards
sub'd
ur stack is something i really want to run! i love RPM and want to try x factor with drive or DTH for summer.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
as i said in the other log.

xfactor is iffy to me i cannot wait to see how this works out

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ugh - slept awful last night. Speeding ticket on the way to work. Tired all day. Mind was just gone after work.
Skipped the gym - am going to be soon.

Will move arms/delts to tomorrow and chest, back after. 3 days in a row, which I don't normally do w/ upper body, but oh well.
You know what actually works nicely before bed, is a li'l bit of glycine. It has a tendency to affect neurotransmitters and calm you down so you can relax. Beautiful stuff and really cheap.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You know what actually works nicely before bed, is a li'l bit of glycine. It has a tendency to affect neurotransmitters and calm you down so you can relax. Beautiful stuff and really cheap.
You know I've tried glycine post-WO and found it made me REALLY sleepy. Wasn't sure why.

I'll use that sometime during the week.

Worked out chest tonight - but forgot my workout book in the car and I'm tired. Will update the weights tomorrow.

(Sin - saved a catalytic hydrogenation reactor from a death spiral at 4:30pm today. :bb:)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tight.

Is this a counter-current packed bed (like a scrubber)? What was going wrong?

And yeah, glycine is like the "anti-stim", which is part of the reason why it's great for post workout, since activation of AMPK can hinder anabolism.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Tight.

Is this a counter-current packed bed (like a scrubber)? What was going wrong?

And yeah, glycine is like the "anti-stim", which is part of the reason why it's great for post workout, since activation of AMPK can hinder anabolism.
No - selective hydrogenation of an alkyne to an alkene (desired product from the plant is an alkene) - gas phase reactor.

Hydrogen tripled in flow rate in an hour - leading to undesired alkene loss (once the alkyne was consumed - H2 reacts w/ any other double bond) and potential temperature issues (exotherm) if not corrected quickly enough.

Turned out one of the branches in the H2 flow hierarchy had reached the engineering units high limit - which then made the value uncertain, which cause the flow to ramp up because it got confused (my term - not at all technical in nature).

Got the key to the control system from the process control guy and changed the engineering high limit by 50%. Value was just above the old high limit - flow began to come back to normal within a few minutes.

Operators loved me.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No - selective hydrogenation of an alkyne to an alkene (desired product from the plant is an alkene) - gas phase reactor.

Hydrogen tripled in flow rate in an hour - leading to undesired alkene loss (once the alkyne was consumed - H2 reacts w/ any other double bond) and potential temperature issues (exotherm) if not corrected quickly enough.

Turned out one of the branches in the H2 flow hierarchy had reached the engineering units high limit - which then made the value uncertain, which cause the flow to ramp up because it got confused (my term - not at all technical in nature).

Got the key to the control system from the process control guy and changed the engineering high limit by 50%. Value was just above the old high limit - flow began to come back to normal within a few minutes.

Operators loved me.
They do make partial hydrogenation catalysts for alkynes. I believe it's called a lindlar catalyst. Doesn't form alkanes. Probably not cost effective, though.

The question is now, why the hell was the H2 flow rate jacked up like that? You got the problem fixed today, but who's to say it doesn't happen while you're out. Band Aids heal scraped knees, knee pads prevent 'em. Sounds like this process needs a "knee pad". :D

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Uhh...you guys really lost me with those last few posts...show offs!

Subscribed.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
They do make partial hydrogenation catalysts for alkynes. I believe it's called a lindlar catalyst. Doesn't form alkanes. Probably not cost effective, though.

The question is now, why the hell was the H2 flow rate jacked up like that? You got the problem fixed today, but who's to say it doesn't happen while you're out. Band Aids heal scraped knees, knee pads prevent 'em. Sounds like this process needs a "knee pad". :D
Yeah - we have palladium doped with silver and something else for selectivity improvement. While Pd is expensive - it's at least available.
Most hydrogenation reactions in industry are done on Pd.

Plus the reactors are 20 feet tall and probably 6 to 8 feed wide. I forget the exact volume in ft^3 - but it's a lot.

Problems happen at all times. (But the worst issues seem to hit after midnight...)
I've earned the operators trust - so they call me when they run into things even if they make a move that corrects the situation.
They always call when they can't figure something out.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's one big hydrogenator.

But I mean, if it's a common issue, that can end up costing the company money (or worse, a recall if it accidentally gets shipped out), then it might be something worth looking into as a process improvement. Sorry, I do a lot of QC work: angry customers come in, say our stuff's whack, and require an action plan to ensure it doesn't happen again. :burger:

It's chemical engineering - you wouldn't (or don't want) to understand.
Probably the latter. :D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
That's one big hydrogenator.

But I mean, if it's a common issue, that can end up costing the company money (or worse, a recall if it accidentally gets shipped out), then it might be something worth looking into as a process improvement. Sorry, I do a lot of QC work: angry customers come in, say our stuff's whack, and require an action plan to ensure it doesn't happen again. :burger:

Probably the latter. :D
First time I've seen this issue - have been the lead process engineer for this plant for 2 years now.

It would have just cost lost product - it wouldn't have made us go off spec I don't think. If we leak 0.4 mole ppm of the alkyne out the backend of the hydrofiner - we are off spec as it all fractionates in the product tower with the alkene.

We run to 0 alkyne on the outlet of the guard bed (2nd bed - lead and guard are in the same overall vessel, just have a top and bottom head in between).

Ok - back to the log. Posting workout results over the last 3 days next.

Edit - you want to talk QC, it's crazy for my product. Once it leaves the product tower - it's put directly into our pipeline and on into the customer's plants to make milk bottles. There are maybe minutes to divert the product to the flare. We have no off-spec tanks or anything - too high of a vapor pressure.
Hence - the lead process engineer better know his sh*t when he wants to make a change or when help is needed. No room for even the slightly miscalculation or mistake.
(Some things if I messed up on - pretty sure I'd be fired or demoted to an operator.)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Workout results.

4/18/8 - chest
bench - +5 lbs on first set, one rep short on 2nd set still at +5
dumbbell bench - + 5 (per DB) first 2 sets, next 2 were no change
dips - +10 lbs, only did 3 sets as my shoulders were bothering me for some reason
incline - same (started to get tired at the very end of dips)
cable crossover's - + 5 lbs

Thoughts - very good pump/soreness in my chest. Stabilizer muscles in my back became very sore - particularly rear delts. This hurt strength on the incline.
Tri's and forearms were ok - still more pumped than normal for chest day.
Finished with 20 mins on the elliptical machine.

4/19/08 - back/abs
lat pulldowns - +10 lbs on first set, normal on last 2 sets
reverse grip pulldowns (palms facing me) - + 10 lbs first set, normal on 3rd set
seated rows - +10 lbs all 3 sets!
t-bar - +5 lbs
forgot to do dumbbell pullovers
20 mins on the treadmill at an incline then 20 more mins on the elliptical
various crunches followed - focused on lower abs. Cramps on my bottom 2 abs again cut short the ab work (ugh).

Thoughts - very severe pumps in my forearms. Really hurt strength on the pulldowns - had to rest a while before the first set to go up on the reverse grip.
Pumps on my bi's - but nothing that got in the way. Forearms were the biggie then. This has happened before with supps that give me big pumps - Powerfull was one of the first.

4/20/08 - bi's/tri's/delt's/traps
Moved this back from Friday to Sunday to work chest and back first.
Biceps:
dumbbell curls - + 5 lbs all 3 sets
preacher curls - + 10 lbs all 3 sets (could have gone higher - but I have to be careful with preachers as I've hurt my elbow in the past)
concentration curls - same, bicep pumps huge by this time

triceps:
overhead dumbbell extensions (2 hand) - apparently been 2 months since I've done these, no clue why but same as back then
skullcrushers - +10 lbs all 3 sets. Last set was really tough.

delts:
side delt dumbbell raises - same, big pumps
upright barbell rows - same (have to be careful - can hurt my shoulder getting overzelous with these)

traps:
behind neck barbell shrugs - + 5 lbs
shrug machine (Hammer strength) - +10 lbs

Thoughts - severe arm pumps, but to be expected after working chest and back the 2 days before.
Very good delt and trap pumps. Forearms were OK during traps - pumped though.

This week will be a squirly workout routine. I'm going to the Jazz Fest in New Orleans next Saturday. I think lifting next weekend will be out.
So - am going to start the week with legs and then do chest and back on Wed and Thurs. May get in arms/delts/trap again next Sunday.

Thoughts on the stack:
No digestive issues on Drive. I chalk this up to using Bolic and other forselean supps off and on this year. Didn't go into Drive cold with regard to the Forselean.
Strength is going up fairly well. Seems similar to last time I took Drive. Pumps are pretty darn good.
RPM gives good energy thus far. I feel this is waning though. I'm way too used to stimulants. I need a break.
Unsure how long the X-factor takes to kick in.
Libido is up - I feel Drive is an excellent addition to PCT. Some acne increases on back and chest.

All in all - good first week on XF/Drive/RPM.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've noticed the same with forkolin, seems that initial rampup period isn't so necessary if you've used another forskolin product in the last 3-4 months.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
too much chem speak here for me

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
too much chem speak here for me
Well - I'll just have to make fun of the Cowboys draft picks then.

Anyway - internet was screwy late last week and then I went down to Jazz Fest in NO yesterday. So - was off the 'net Friday and Saturday.
Going to the gym now.

Will update this week when I get back.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Workout results.

4/18/8 - chest
bench - +5 lbs on first set, one rep short on 2nd set still at +5
dumbbell bench - + 5 (per DB) first 2 sets, next 2 were no change
dips - +10 lbs, only did 3 sets as my shoulders were bothering me for some reason
incline - same (started to get tired at the very end of dips)
cable crossover's - + 5 lbs

Thoughts - very good pump/soreness in my chest. Stabilizer muscles in my back became very sore - particularly rear delts. This hurt strength on the incline.
Tri's and forearms were ok - still more pumped than normal for chest day.
Finished with 20 mins on the elliptical machine.
Ok - so went to Jazz Fest last weekend. Will update late last week and Sunday tomorrow - took melatonin to get some sleep. (Had a not so good night's rest last night.)

Chest 4/29/08 - same routine as 4/18/08 above.
Weights are relative to above (not before stack).

Bench - same weight and same reps. Started to notice I seemed pretty tired at the 2nd set.
Dumbbell bench - same on 1st set, -5 2nd set, same 3rd set, +5 4th set. (Same weight on 2, 3, 4.)
Dips - same weight 1st, 2nd, 3rd sets. -5 lbs 4th set.
Incline - same weight
Cable rows - same weight.

Good pump in chest and triceps. Didn't have the sorta-bad rear delt/back pumps. Forearms were fine - no real pump to speak of.

All in all - blah workout. Got through it but just didn't have a whole lot of energy.

I need to stop dicking around on the internet - esp. on workout nights.
So - I may bleed in the back updates over the next few days.

Still at 168 lbs as of this morning. Strength seems to be going up. Guess this hasn't translated into muscle mass yet.

First bottle of Drive was over a week or so ago - think I forgot to post that. 8 caps a day really drains a bottle quick.
Maybe 3/4's through RPM. Have been using a cap here and there throughout the day as a stimulant mainly to use it at a ratable pace and not drag it out after the X-factor (Drive will be over soon).
I need to get off stims. Have been on them too long.

Anyway - bed time.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Back 4/30/08

Haven't done this back routine before on this stack. So - comparing to before the stack started.

Reverse grip lat pulldowns - same 1st set, +10 2nd set, same 3rd set. Limited by forearms on 3rd set or could have been +10

Lat pulldowns - same on 1st and 2nd sets, + 10 on 3rd set. Able to hold same weight as 2nd set.

Hammer strength rows - +10 lbs on 1st set, +5 lbs on 2nd set, same on 3rd set. Back limiting here on keeping weight up for desired reps.

Decided to do dumbbell pull-overs. Haven't done those in a long time. Figured I could use the stretch. Used a 35 lb DB just to start (wasn't sure what to start with honestly).
VERY good stretch in lats - upper back got a good workout. Really sore after this.

30 mins on elliptical as I watched the end of Wizards-Cavs. Good game.

Really tired again today - needed a Clear Shot as I was leaving work. Cut down to 2 RPM's because of the clear shot.

Libido is still pretty darn good. Starting to see pimples on my back become very pronounced. Vascularity still very good. Pumps very good during the workout. Soreness is up - not as bad as I would have thought.
This may be due to the fact that I don't go to failure. (Better for cortisol levels to not go to failure.)

Still chugging along.

Off to bed - darn near an hour late. (Going to be tired again tomorrow. Sigh. :rasp:)