Jjohn tests out SD Pharmaceuticals and Pharmafreak Lineup

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys long time no post! I have been pretty busy working on my training business and have had less and less time to spend on the forums. I am starting a log with some of SD Pharmaceuticals products and Pharmafreak's line.

Here is a pic of the products I will be using. Note this will be on a cut for the next 6 weeks. After that period, I might consider a lean bulk.
Here are some highlights of the products and what I expect from them:
vita.jpg

GH Freak:

I will be using the canadian version:

GABA (gamma-Aminobutyric acid)
GABA is an inhibitory amino acid and has a direct, centrally mediated action on growth hormone (GH) secretion. Clinical studies show that GABA has the unique ability to increase secretion of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) through augmentation of neurotransmitter levels in the brain and by direct activity on the hypothalamus. Once released at the hypothalamus, GHRN travels to the pituitary where it stimulates the secretion of GH.
GABA also increases the secretion of key GH isoforms, including the most biologically active type of GH, immunofunctional GH (ifGH). A newly published clinical study shows that supplementation with 3,000 mg of GABA can increase both GH isoforms (irGH and ifGH) by an incredible 400%!1
GABA also stimulates deep sleep, which is also known as stage IV delta-wave sleep, and this is the specific sleep phase when peak GH secretion occurs.
Melatonin (N-Acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine)

Melatonin is a pineal hormone and a powerful antioxidant that affects GH secretion by activating central neural pathways at the hypothalamus level. More specifically, melatonin inhibits somatostatin, which is also known as growth hormone-inhibiting hormone (GHIH).
A study published in the journal Clinical Endocrinology shows that 5 mg of melatonin can stimulate a 270% increase in GH secretion!2
Just like GABA, melatonin is also clinically proven to induce stage IV delta-wave sleep, which further supports GH secretion and optimal rest & recovery.
L-Theanine (5-N-ethyl-glutamine)

Clinical studies show that l-theanine has the ability to increase alpha-wave production in the brain, which has a dual effect on increasing GH output. First off, it suppresses cortisol, which is a hormone that blunts GH release. Secondly, it works synergistically with GABA and melatonin to induce stage IV delta wave sleep.

Niacin/Vitamin B3 (Nicotinic Acid)
Niacin is an essential B vitamin and supports GH secretion by direct interaction with somatotroph cells in the pituitary gland.

I will be using this product to help with sleep and HGH support. I expect it to help support mood and support fat loss as well.

Amino Freak:

Who needs a description here! Amino Freak will go on the anticatabolic list to help recovery and keep muscle waste to a minimum!

Vita Freak:

VITA FREAKTM is a multi-vitamin/mineral stacked with 7 to 8 other health-promoting supplements! Nothing is more complete!
Vitamins & Minerals
Detoxifing Agents
Amino Acids
Antioxidants
Immune Support
Digestive Health
Cognitive Support
Cardiovascular health

I will use this product as a multivitamin to keep minerals and vitamins to an optimal level.

SD Pharmaceuticals Dendrobium 600:

Dendrobium (Pronounced: den-DROH-bee-um) is a member of the orchid plant family and is one of the 50 fundamental herbs used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), where it has the name Shihu. The plant is native to southern Asia, and Dendrobium nobile is by far the most widely used species because of its well-known medicinal properties. Dendrobium has been used in China for over 1000 years as a tonic and strengthening medicine. It contains a variety of chemical alkaloids that are thought to be responsible for its beneficial effects.

I will be using this one for mood and fat loss and assess it's capabilities. This should be very interesting!

SD Pharmaceuticals Garcinia Cambogia:

Garcinia cambogia is a plant that is native to Southeast Asia. It’s also grown and readily used for cooking in India and other parts of Asia and Africa. The most useful part of Garcinia is the yellow-coloured, pumpkin-shaped fruit, which is also called assam fruit.

This product can do wonders for cravings. I will be testing it out before my meals and see how full and satisfied I get from those little meals.

SD Pharmaceuticals Green Coffee Bean:

Green coffee beans are coffee beans that have not yet been roasted. The roasting of coffee beans reduces the chlorogenic acid levels. That’s why green coffee beans have a higher level of chlorogenic acid compared to regular, roasted coffee beans. The chlorogenic acid component in green coffee is what’s thought to be responsible for several of its pharmacological effects, including fat-loss support.

Of course, fat loss support is what I am after here. So GCB is a no brainer!!

SD Pharmaceuticals Anti-A (Acatecin 99):

The ANTI-A™ formula was developed based on research conducted at the Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Mississippi. Researchers at the University of Mississippi studied the anti-aromatase and estrogenic activity of 24 different compounds isolated from the damiana plant and discovered that one of the 24 compounds is a very potent aromatase inhibitor and has absolutely zero estrogenic properties! The name of this compound is acacetin and it's the primary ingredient found in the ANTI-A™ formula.

This product I will be using to help keep excess water down, maintain a good skin qulity, and support healthy testosterone levels.

SD Pharmaceuticals Mucuna Pruriens 750:

MUCUNA PRURIENS 750™ is able to increase testosterone secretion by its action on the central nervous system through dopamine, adrenaline, noradrenaline, and the testes. In fact, these actions allow MUCUNA PRURIENS 750™ to block the release of prolactin, which is a testosterone killer! Blocking prolactin allows the pituitary to secrete more luteinizing hormone (LH), which then travels to the testes, where it signals the Leydig cells to synthesize and secrete more testosterone!
L-Dopa is a very good feel good compound. A lot of research has been done, and this product is thought to help with mood. This is the main reason I use it!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 1-2

Today is my second day on this stack.

Here are 2 pics to give an idea..

1.jpg

2.jpg

Mood: 6/10
Mood has been good, I am up to cardio twice a day now. It's just a question of rest.

Sleep: 9/10
I had a great night sleep. I felt refreshed in the morning, and really vivid dreams made my night worth it!

Strength: NA
This is not about strength here. Focusing on maximum peak contractions are my main objective to enhance definition.

Endurance: 8/10
Pretty good, doing 30 mins incline walk 5.6 kmph and 45 mins at night.

Appearance: 7/10
I noticed a vein on my abs. Very discreet but it's there! I still have another 10 lbs to go hopefully I will be 187 by April.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

Do you know the % extract of the Mucuna?
The Anti-A main ingredient, seems to be the first of it's kind.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 3-4

I am not sure the % of the extract. I will try to find out..

Feeling great, got on the scale this morning with a weight of 191.8!

This is very good. I see more definition in my legs, and the hamstring line is getting deeper!

Product notes:
The GH freak really puts me to sleep. Vivid dreams, and I experience a much deeper sleep than usual. I feel great all day. I take my mucuna in the AM along with my Anti-a, green coffee bean, and a dendrobium 600.

I will sometimes add Garcinia Cambodgia in the AM if I really feel like I am starving, so that my breakfast makes me feel fuller and it works quite well :)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 5-8

Feeling great and well rested. The GH freak and Mucuna really seem to do great work with this.
Did legs yesterday with great intensity, and good mood for some reason!

I am sitting at a 189 right now. My waist seems to have diminished quite a bit and more definition has shown up in my abdominal area. I still have a good 6-7 lbs to lose in order to be where I want, and I have the feeling it will happen. Just gotta keep training hard. So far so good!

I will have pics of my progress next sunday!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 9

Woke up feeling a lot leaner today. Scale showed 190.6. My diet still consists of 7 meals of 40g. protein, 10g. carbs and 5 g. fat.
I started feeling a little joint pain in my ankles last week, which could be a sign of the ANTI-A doing it's work! This is very good, as I also noticed I have a little more of a "dry" look.
My energy is stable, considering that I limit myself to one coffee a day in terms of stimulants. I try not to abuse them as these pre workouts and stimulants tend to give a good boost, but can increase the cravings for sweets and tiredness after continuous use. (In my experience at least..)
My nights are perfect, I sleep like a baby and wake up refreshed. I have been dosing it like that:
7:00PM: Meal
8:00PM: 5 caps GH Freak
9:00PM: Meal
9:15: Sleep
I found that was the best dosing protocol and I got the best effects out of it so far :)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 10-11

Had a great night sleep. I keep receiving comments on the fact that I keep getting leaner and leaner which is great! Scale showed 189.7 today.

Not much else to report, rest is 100%, intensity is somewhere up there,considering I am only getting in 70g of carbs a day!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 12-16

Work has been crazy busy lately, but I still managed to do my 60 mins cardio and workout in.
I am starting DTP training now for the next 3-4 weeks. I already feel the pumps are out of this world.
The Anti-A is still as effective as it ever was, with some extra lean looks and a little sore on the joints, which is still very manageable.
The Cagcinia Cambodgia is amazing in terms of appetite suppression. Whenever I get hungry, I pop 3 of these babies and feel better within minutes. Even though I eat every 2 hours, my mind can play trick on my hunger sometimes and cause me to get hungry. That definitely takes care of that!
Dendrobium is definitely empty :( I loved that stuff and will get some more!!

My sleep has been amazing. The GABA in the GH Freak is very potent, and the 6 caps of Mucuna before bed also helped me feel good when waking up.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 17-21

Mood is going great! I am starting to taper down training intensity, keeping two workouts a day of about 30 mins each, and cardio 20 mins of active recovery 3 times a week. Everything is going smoothly and I will be ready to post some new pics soon.
I noticed the anti a can sometimes be lowered to 1 capsule a day, as it is pretty potent at 2 capsules a day. Plus it makes it worth it if you make it a 2 month's duration product.
Nothing else to report but thinner skin, good mood and recovery is catching up as cardio goes down a little bit!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 22

Feeling great this morning! My legs are slowly getting back to a better size, as cardio really killed them recently. Lowering cardio is really helping. Next week I will be lowering carbs to 35 grams a day, from my current 70 grams. I should be pretty well rested as far as cardio is concerned, and it should create a great environment to cut down what is left to reach my goals.

I have to say the GH Freak really helps me get great sleep and the weirdest dreams lol. I won't even describe last night's dream haha. But everything is great and I cannot complain!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 25

Went to see my coach yesterday, to go over a couple poses and see my progress. I have lost a lot of fat under my belly button this week. The intensity decrease in cardio really benefited me as my legs started to show some sings of overtraining.

GH Freak is really helping me get those much needed hours of rest. Within 30 minutes I am gone in lala land, and get a really refreshed feeling the next morning.
I have some Test Freak, Anabolic Freak as well as some more GH Freak on the way, so hopefully that helps me shed those last few pounds!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 27

Weighed in at 184.2 this morning. Wow the carb drop really affected my waistline! I cant wait to show you all some pics! Heading to the gym very soon for a quick and dirty workout. This should get a good pump going.

I am now at 2 workouts a day, smaller workouts, which helps me get some rest in between, as well as keeping a decent intensity in the gym.

I am expecting to start the Test Freak, and Anabolic Freak soon this week!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 28

IMG-20140324-00253.jpg

Showing some good vascularity!!! Everything is on the money! Mood is good and on time for the show!!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 33

Lately has been great, approaching my weight, and physique is getting tighter everyday! I will be at 0 carbs until Thursday. Light workouts (80prcnt) and lots of rest. Then thursday will be carb loading. Hoping to peak Saturday night. I will be posting pics!

I have added TEST FREAK and ANABOLIC FREAK to my arsenal. So far so good!! Feeling low on energy because of the low carbs, but it is what it is for now. I feel like the test freak and anabolic freak really help me get through those workouts!!!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 37

Time to carb up! After a solid 5 day at 0 carbs, I did my workout this morning on an empty stomach, and now will be consuming 480g carbs today, as well as tomorrow! This feels so good!!

Test Freak has given me a little bit of acne, but it is not terrible, I also am using their DAA product, Anabolic Freak, which has been very good in helping me keep some level of decent strength in the gym. So far so good! I can't wait to eat my sugar pie saturday!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 39

Finally I stepped on the stage last saturday, and got a medal. I finished 5th out of the 7 heavyweight competitors! I was pretty happy about my preparation. Supplements wise and support from my family made it possible!! A picture is worth a thousand words, this is my 8 month prep :)

Attachments