jaymode's IntraXCell and SteelEdge log

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
This is my first log that I am posting here, so I welcome your suggestions. I know pictures are always a great help but I don't have a camera(not even on my phone).

Now for some information about myself:

Height: 6'1

Weight: 185.1 lbs measured this morning before working out

Body type: endo

Training History: Started getting serious when I was 16. Back then I was mainly focused on losing weight and not really strength. I was really overweight then and now I am working on adding quality pounds back on and strength.

Training Schedule/Protocol:
Monday
Squats-5x5
Deadlifts-5x5
Bench Press-5x5
Incline DB Press-2x12

Wednesday
Light Squats/Lunges-4x8
Good Mornings-3x8
Shoulder Press-5x5
Pulldowns-4x6

Friday
Squats-5x5
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12

This has been a very good workout program for me to build strength but I do not believe that it is ideal for size, so this will probably change sometime soon after this log.

Cardio Schedule/Protocol:
Usually on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Also may do it once per weekend.

Diet: I aim for between 2500-3000 calories per day. My meals vary from day to day because of classes and other items but I try to keep my body fueled.

Current Supplements:
Substance WPI
Eas Max Milk
Fish Oil(6g/day)
CEE
Unicap Multivitamin

Similar supplements used in the past:
H+ Blocker

Information about Day 1 will be up shortly.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 1
I was pretty excited to get this started

Dosing: 1/2 Scoop SteelEdge and 6caps IntraXCell
I chose to only take a 1/2 scoop to assess my tolerance.

Workout:
Squats-5x5
Deadlifts-5x5
Bench Press-5x5
Incline DB Press-2x12
Leg Raises and Crunches

Weight: 185.1

SteelEdge effects: The first thing that I noticed today in the gym was that I was pretty focused and had extra energy, but it was not crazy; these effects were very subtle. I am going to see what happens with a full scoop. I did not really pay much attention to the taste, but it was not horrible or great.

IntraXCell: Wow tingling sensation like crazy. Its called parathesia(sp?) but I have never had it for almost 2 hours!! On H+ Blocker it lasted 30-45 minutes; I assume this is due to the increased amount of Beta Alanine. Other than that no noticeable effects yet.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Cardio:
2.5 mile run. It was a Good run(have a cold that held me back some).

Dosing:
SteelEdge: Did not take today because of late workout
IntraXCell: 6 caps 45 minutes prior to the run

Effects:
IntraXcell: Not much to note today. Still got the tingling. I seem to get it in different places. Sometimes it is in my face, others it is in my arms and legs.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Workout:
Light Squats/Lunges-4x8
Good Mornings-3x8
Shoulder Press-5x5
Pulldowns-4x6
Situps - 25

Weight: 185.4

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 3/4 Scoop around 11:30 am
IntraXcell: 6 caps with SteelEdge

Effects:
SteelEdge: Once again I noticed some really good focus in the gym. It really started to kick in while I was doing good mornings. I had all of these thoughts going through my mind like making sure I was doing them right and that I was working as hard as I can. Normally I would just be trying to move the weight not even thinking about what I am doing.

IntraXCell: I really have not noticed much in terms of recovery or anything like that yet. I believe it will take a few more days. Still getting tingling, though. :)

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Off day Started feeling sick, so I took this day offf to prevent it from getting worse

Dosing:
SteelEdge: None taken
IntraXCell: 6 caps with breakfast(most carbs)

Day 5

Workout:
Squats-5x5
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1 scoop preworkout
IntraXcell: 6 caps with steeledge

Effects:
SteelEdge: Effects seem to be magnified; More focused, however, I felt it wearing off during my workout. So I will try the dosing method AEN recommends.
IntraXcell: still getting the tingling but it is not as pronounced. Today I felt like I was seeing some effect from it. On my 3rd set of Squats and Incline Bench, I felt so much stronger than on my 1st and 2nd.

Probably taking the weekend off so I stay healthy and no weight because I worked out at a different time today.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Off day

Day 7

Off day

I took these two days off to get over a little bit of a cold and am feeling much better.

Dosing:
SteelEdge: None taken
IntraXCell: 6 caps with breakfast

Effects:
SteelEdge: n/a
IntraXCell: I have not been very sore this weekend, maybe due to the IntraXCell, I would like it if this trend continues because it seems if I am recovering faster then I will be able to lift more on wednesdays and not hurt my Friday workout.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
I have been really busy lately as I am most of the time so I am trying to keep this as "daily" updates as I can. It should be better after Thursday of this week.

Day 8:

Workout:
Squats-5x5
Deadlifts-5x5
Bench Press-5x5
Incline DB Press-2x12
Sit Ups

Weight: 185.7

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1 Scoop. 2/3 Pre Workout, rest during
IntraXCell: 6 caps with SteelEdge

Effects:
SteelEdge: Effects lasted longer it seemed using the method that is recommended by Athletic Edge Nutrition. I did not really notice the effects being "weaker" at all. I was just focused on lifting as much as possible. Like I have said before I was thinking about parts of lifting that I normally do not think of like breathing right, form, etc.

IntraXcell: The trend from Friday continues as I am able to lift more on later sets. I feel like once my blood and oxygen gets flowing to my muscles, the intraxcell pushes it to another level. One thing I have noticed though, is that when I do fail, I fail bad. Its almost like all or nothing. No inbetween struggle.

Day 9

Cardio:
35 minutes on the bike. Been having knee pain for some reason in my surgically repaired knee. Odd thing is that this pain happens even when I dont do squats and is even worse then sometimes.

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1/2 Scoop pre cardio
IntraXCell: 6 caps with SteelEdge

Effects:
SteelEdge: Just kind of in the zone on the bike, like tunnel vision.
IntraXCell: I was not really pushing myself that hard because of my knee so I did not see anything here.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 10
Lunges-4x8
Good Mornings-3x8
Shoulder Press-5x5
Pulldowns-4x6
Leg Raises and Dips - just did them at the end of the workout and did not keep count.

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1 Scoop. 1/2 preworkout, 1/2 during.
IntraXCell: 6 caps with the first half of SteelEdge

Effects:
SteelEdge: Still focused no real weaking of the effects so far because of normal usage. Focused on lifting and doing it right.
IntraXCell: Still getting the tingling. It last throughout my workout. I definitely was able to go harder that normal today. However, I would like to see how hard I can go on Friday, that will be the true test.

Weight: 185.1
Probably some water weight lost.

Day 11

Basketball: Full court 5 on 5 for an hour

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1/2 scoop on the way to play
IntraXCell: 6 caps right before drinking SteelEdge

Effects: Nothing really new. Just focused and in the game.

Other Thoughts: I have been waiting to comment on taste of SteelEdge. It sort of tastes like thick, grainy orange juice. But not as sour. Its not a bad taste and I do not mind drinking it at all.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
had some computer trouble but it is taken care of now

Day 12:

Workout:
Squats-5x5
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12

Weight: 186.0

Dosing:
1 scoop SteelEdge. 1/2 Pre, 1/2 During.
6 caps IntraXcell with first 1/2 SteelEdge.

Thoughts:
SteelEdge: Still focused on lifting.
IntraXCell: Man I am getting crazy amounts of extra strength on my third set and sometimes as early as my second set. Like normally I would be ready to put the weight down after 5 but found myself going for a sixth. I have been trying different amounts of rest and I think a minimum of 1 min between sets would be optimal IMO for IntraXCell's and SteelEdge's benefits. I find that even after I hit the "wall" that if I rest for a minute to 2 before the next set I can go again and not fail earlier and many times I have been able to get more reps.

Day 13:

Off day

Dosing:
6 Caps IntraXCell with breakfast

Day 14:

30 minutes on the elliptical

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1/2 Scoop before cardio. I only like drinking water if anything during cardio
IntraXCell: 6 Caps with SteelEdge

Day 15:

Workout:
Squats-5x5
Deadlifts-5x5
Bench Press-5x5
Incline DB Press-2x12
Leg Raises
Close Grip Bench: 2 x 6

Felt good during the workout and had some extra time so I threw in a few more exercises

Weight: 185.7

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1 scoop. 1/2 Pre, 1/2 During
IntraXCell: 6 caps, 3 pre, 3 post workout
*Switched it up per AEN's suggestion

Thoughts:
I do not think I can tell which product is really doing what anymore. I think it is a combination of both. I am still noticing increased strength and much improved recovery. I haven't really been sore. This weekend and today however, I was very very hungry. This is the hungriest that I have been in a while; I wanted to eat everything I could get my hands on.

Also I still think that a little extra rest in between sets will make the product more effective. Not really sure if I am thinking right here but if I can return and push out some more weight/reps after resting an extra 30 seconds and get past the "wall" I think it will make the strength gains I get better.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
This is a "midterm" summary:

Strength Gains:
In this program I determine my strength gains by my results on Fridays:
Squats 5x5:
1st Set - 135 +0lbs +1rep (I have been warming up with 6 reps)
2nd Set- 185lbs +5lbs
3rd Set- 225lbs +0lbs (I feel stronger on this set
4th Set- 245lbs +0lbs (this was both my 4th and 5th set previously)
5th Set- 255lbs +10lbs

Incline Bench 5x5:
1st Set - 135 lbs +0lbs
2nd Set - 155lbs +10lbs
3rd Set - 185lbs +5lbs
4th Set - 205lbs +0lbs
5th Set - 205lbs +0lbs +3reps(I was doing this 5x, but last 3 were assisted, and now are not)

Bent Over Rows:
1st Set: 85lbs +0lb
2nd Set: 95lbs +0lb
3rd Set: 115lbs +5lb
4th Set: 120lbs +0lb
5th Set: 135lbs +5lb

Endurance:
I have previously mentioned this, but I feel very very strong on my 3rd set of each lift and it is a great confidence booster also. The other thing I have noticed is that a little more recovery time allows you to attack the weights much harder than the normal 30seconds to a minute resting time between sets.

I have also noticed some endurance gains in cardio, however, I am not training for cardio endurance so I really am not pushing myself constantly for hours or 10 mile runs.

Other Effects/Random Thoughts:
-Tingling due to Beta Alanine in IntraXCell
- Focus on lifting; Like Tunnel Vision due to SteelEdge
- Increased hunger lately (will keep an eye on this one)
- SteelEdge tastes pretty good, and there is no harshness to it so it can be sipped/enjoyed.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 16:

Short run:
Only for about 15 minutes. I was dead tired as I did not get enough sleep last night. I just could not go to sleep it was weird.

Dosing:
1/2 Scoop SteelEdgre Pre run and 3 caps IntraXCell. 3 caps post IntraXcell.

Thoughts:
SteelEdge definitely gave me the pickup I needed for the run, my body just didnt have the desire to move anymore after 15 minutes.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 17:

Workout:
Lunges-4x8
Good Mornings-3x8
Shoulder Press-5x5
Pulldowns-4x6

Weight: 185.5

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1/2 Scoop Pre, 1/2 Scoop during
IntraXCell: 3 pre and 3 post

Effects: Once again I was really focused and definitely feeling pretty strong on all my lifts. Something a little weird that I have noticed is that sometimes on my warmup sets my muscles start to shake but they calm down after the first set. This may not be related to these supplements but I cant be certain.

Also, I have noticed being more vascular during the day, especially in my forearms.

Day 18:

Off day I have been really tired lately and I needed a day of rest

Dosing:
6 caps IntraXCell with breakfast

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 19

Workout:
Squats-5x5
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12

Weight: 186.0

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1 scoop, 1/2 pre and 1/2 during
IntraXCell: 3 caps pre, 3 post

Effects:
The day of rest really helped me. I felt a lot stronger in the gym and my legs were not really sore from my wednesday workout, it was awesome.

Day 20

Flag football

Dosing:
1/2 Scoop SteelEdge before playing with 6 caps IntraXCell

Effects: Man I was in the zone when playing and I felt like I had the full strength of my legs when running and jumping out there. I like the recovery I am experiencing.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 21

Off day

Dosing:
IntraXCell: 6 caps with breakfast

Day 22

Workout:
Squats-5x5
Deadlifts-5x5
Bench Press-5x5
Incline DB Press-2x12

Weight: 186.3

Effects:
Man I was strong today. I felt so good on my first set of squats today that I went for 10 reps and it did not affect me at all on my last set, pretty awesome. On everything I felt like I had an "extra gear" that I never had before, just putting weight up with ease. If wednesday feels like this too, I am gonna go real hard on Friday.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 22

Running:

One of the last nice days of the year so I went for a run outside. I ran about 1.5 miles

Dosing:
6 caps IntraXCell, 2 pre 2 post

Effects: Didnt not really notice much during the run.

Day 23:
Light Squats-4x8
Good Mornings-3x8
Shoulder Press-5x5
Pulldowns-4x6

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1 scoop, 1/2 pre and 1/2 during the workout
IntraXCell: 3 caps pre, 3 caps post

Effects:
Another awesome day in the gym. Switched up to light squats to get a judgement on what I can go for on friday. And I have a very very good feeling about friday. My legs were sore today but it was the good sore where they have strength even with the soreness.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 23

Day off

Day 24:

Workout:
Squats-5x5
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1 scoop
IntraXCell: 6 caps

Notes:
Here is what I did today on Squats:
1st Set - 135
2nd Set- 185lbs
3rd Set- 225lbs
4th Set- 255lbs
5th Set- 270lbs - Got it was shaking afterwards a little but didnt get sick at all.

Getting close to my PR of 305lbs before a knee setback. I really do not have to say much about the effects for today. The results speak for themselves(although on squats I can get big jumps but wasnt expecting this kind of jump before monday).

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 25:

Flag football

Dosing:
6 caps IntraXCell

Notes:
Definitely noticed going so heavy when playing. Legs were definitely missing a beat.

Day 26:

Off day:

Dosing:
6 caps IntraXCell

Thoughts:
I was sore today but not as sore as I thought I would be. I was also very very hungry.

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Intraxcell looks like good stuff. Nice log!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Good log, seems like youre getting stronger without gaining any noticable weight. Are you logging your measurements to check on any size gains? And are you planning you next log for when you start training to gain size?

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Good log, seems like youre getting stronger without gaining any noticable weight. Are you logging your measurements to check on any size gains? And are you planning you next log for when you start training to gain

Thanks for checking out my log. To answer your question, No. I should be logging measurements but that was something I have forgotten to do. I will definitely do that when I start training for size, which will be soon. I have not decided how/what I will be doing for size but I guess this is the time of the year when everyone starts going for size.

Day 27:

Workout:
Squats-5x5
Deadlifts-5x5
Bench Press-5x5
Incline DB Press-2x12

Weight: 186.4

Dosing:
SteelEdge: 1 Scoop
IntraXCell: 6 caps. 3 pre and 3 post

Thoughts:
I am still a little sore from friday, but after warming up my legs were loose and ready to go. I did the exact some weights as on friday for my sets today. I definitely felt like the last set was easier. No shaking today.

I definitely feel like every workout I am getting a little bit more out of these supplements. The wall that I had described earlier, feels like it is being pushed away; I really don't hit the wall on anything but bench now and that is usually only on my last rep or so.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Day 28

Stationary bike: 30 minutes

Dosing: 6 caps IntraXcell

Thoughts:
Not a bad ride. I wish I didnt have to be inside, but it was pouring outside. Again not really pushing myself in terms of endurance, just a nice pace.

J

jaymode

Awards
  • Established
Summary:

End Weight: 186.5lbs +1.4lbs
-This is lean weight. I do not gain weight very fast on this workout and diet. Its meant more for strength as I said in the beginning.

Strength Gains: These are compared to the beginning of the product. (I took these from today's workout to make sure they were accurate)
Midway results are also available.
Squats 5x5:
1st Set - 140lbs +5lbs
2nd Set- 185lbs +5lbs
3rd Set- 235lbs +10lbs
4th Set- 245lbs +0lbs (this was both my 4th and 5th set previously)
5th Set- 275lbs +30lbs

Incline Bench 5x5:
1st Set - 135 lbs +0lbs (feels so much easier now)
2nd Set - 155lbs +10lbs
3rd Set - 190lbs +10lbs
4th Set - 205lbs +0lbs
5th Set - 210lbs +5lbs + reps(at the beginning I was only able to get 205 for 3 on the 5th set)

Bent Over Rows:
1st Set: 85lbs +0lb
2nd Set: 95lbs +0lb
3rd Set: 115lbs +5lb
4th Set: 125lbs +5lb
5th Set: 145lbs +15lb (My form may be a little off but I really feel this last set a lot)

Like I said, on Squat I can make big jumps but not 30lbs normally. I had been at a plateau so that explains the breakthrough increase.

IntraXCell:
- This stuff keeps working from the point it kicks in all the way to the 30 day mark without a slowdown
- The tingling can be very intense at first, but towards the end you get used to the effect and dont feel it as much
- I feel like when you first begin to feel the effects of this product, you feel really strong but then hit a "wall" fairly quick; however, the more you continue the product the further back the wall gets pushed. It keeps working.
- Better recovery

Overall IntraXCell is an awesome product, I feel like it is better than any creatine.

SteelEdge:
- Good focus during your workouts. Very much a tunnel vision effect.
- Clean energy, not jitters or shakes.
- Good taste. I began to miss drinking this on days that I did not workout.
- It also seemed to put me in a better mood.

Overall SteelEdge is a solid product. I am a stim junkie before workouts, but SteelEdge has been one of the best pre workout supplements I have taken that is not overly stimulating.