Is The Keto Diet Just a Fad Diet?

DS3317

Awards
It’s just another means to an end. With that being said fatloss has been shown to be no faster than a low fat moderate carb diet. The health benefits touted are negligible unless you’re prediabetic or suffer from epilepsy or bipolar disorder.
It’s not a miracle like some people think though. You lose a ton of water going low/no carb so most people confuse this with fat loss.
I always lost strength and looked flat until I tried Dave Palumbos keto and had protein at 2grams a lb. yes protein was way higher than fats, yes I still got into keto. Gluconeogenesis does not happen easily at all contrary to what I read in forums. Hell I’ve done high protein only chicken breast, egg whites, tilapia, and hydrolyzed whey with no added carbs or fats for 2weeks finishing up a cut and was in ketosis. You will get in ketosis with little to no carbs period. Your body will burn your own fat for fuel.
How do you know if someone is doing keto? Don’t worry they’ll tell you.

zunteck

zunteck

Awards
I do keto and use gear and I dropped 60lbs from nov2018 to present day. It works I was 250 now 185 solid I would say imo lol. Still have the lower torso to finish up on. If you can stay with the diet you will be good and don’t use anything to help you with ketosis just do it naturally and you drop weight fast

DS3317

Awards
I do keto and use gear and I dropped 60lbs from nov2018 to present day. It works I was 250 now 185 solid I would say imo lol. Still have the lower torso to finish up on. If you can stay with the diet you will be good and don’t use anything to help you with ketosis just do it naturally and you drop weight fast
It’s not the fact that Keto works but the fact that you ate in a caloric deficit. When you remove a whole macro, you remove a whole food group of the stuff people tend to overeat.
It’s great that you found a way of eating in a deficit that works for you and great job in losing weight but 60lbs in close to a year is nowhere near miraculous if you really add it up it’s around 5lbs a month that you lost. I wouldn’t agree with you on you saying that’s fast.
I think what really makes it fall into the fad category is the people who talk like it’s the best thing since the invention of the wheel or turn their way of eating into their identity.

nãomiguel

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It’s just another means to an end. With that being said fatloss has been shown to be no faster than a low fat moderate carb diet. The health benefits touted are negligible unless you’re prediabetic or suffer from epilepsy or bipolar disorder.
It’s not a miracle like some people think though. You lose a ton of water going low/no carb so most people confuse this with fat loss.
I always lost strength and looked flat until I tried Dave Palumbos keto and had protein at 2grams a lb. yes protein was way higher than fats, yes I still got into keto. Gluconeogenesis does not happen easily at all contrary to what I read in forums. Hell I’ve done high protein only chicken breast, egg whites, tilapia, and hydrolyzed whey with no added carbs or fats for 2weeks finishing up a cut and was in ketosis. You will get in ketosis with little to no carbs period. Your body will burn your own fat for fuel.
How do you know if someone is doing keto? Don’t worry they’ll tell you.
this dude gets it. keto is a cult. :3

LvlUpStrength

LvlUpStrength

Awards
It undoubtedly gives results! I’ve seen multiple regulars that come into my bar that have lost 50+ pounds. It’s crazy these people aren’t even really working out. With that said they have gotten results but it’s not the best look. It’s very noticeable in there neck and shoulders. But they sacrificed a lot of muscle and look scrawny but at the same time they have a lot of loose skin. It would be a lot easier on gear. 😊
Do you think it is because they were in a caloric deficiency with a lack of macronutrients rather than the keto diet?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In have lost 25Ib using keto/atkins approach. For me, its easier to maintain a caloroie deficit when I restrict carb intake, and one thing I have found with keto/atkins approach is srength and muscle mass are much easier to maintain.

It certainly has a cult following, and I have found various groups on social media with different and strong ideas about what keto is. However, it is not a fad diet, and its an important way of life for many people like me who are probably addicted to sugar and processed food.

Smont

Smont

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Jillian Michaels Urges Fans to Stay Away From the Keto Diet!

""The reason that keto has been getting so much attention is because it helps significantly to manage your insulin levels. Very high insulin, very bad thing," she explained. Because of this, keto works well for people who struggle with high insulin levels, especially those with polycystic ovary syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and infertility, but it's not appropriate for most people, she said. "If you’re not eating a bunch of processed carbs and processed sugar and you’re not eating too much food in general, you won’t have insulin levels that are going through the roof,” she explained."

"Her advice? The same as it's always been: "Just work out, eat clean, and don't overeat," she emphasized. "I promise you: Balanced diet—it's that simple."

Is she correct?
It has been used as early as the 50's it just wasn't called keto

DS3317

Awards
It’s also a fear based diet. In fact it actually increases resistance to insulin. If you want to be as big as possible you need carbs. Also most people aren’t insulin resistant they’re just fat because they eat too damn much.
Keto also gives people hypothyroidism.