Is PCT necessary after small cycle if I'm already on TRT

_the_strategy_

_the_strategy_

Awards
Afternoon gents,

A bit about me: 26 yrs old, lifted "lazy" for 8 years, spent the last 1.5yrs lifting very hard and making great progress. Hopped on TRT in Oct '22, due to low T levels despite highly healthy lifestyle. Even a modest 125 and 150mg/wk (test cyp) dosage helped me put on a lot of weight.

I am thinking about adding in a bit more test (maybe an additional 200mg/wk) for a 4-8wk cycle, with the intention of speeding up muscle gain a bit.

Gyno is a big concern. I had it from puberty, and actually got it removed surgically in March '23. Surgery went great, very happy with the result and want to be cautious about spiking estrogen.

My TRT protocol contains about .5mg/wk of Anastrozole currently.

Questions:
- Is PCT pointless if you're on TRT? My understanding is PCT is mainly for guys who are trying to get their natural T production back online after a cycle (which I don't have anymore).
- If I add in more test for a 4-8wk cycle, do I need to take something to reduce estrogen?
- If so, wouldn't I want to take nolva or Anastrozole DURING the cycle?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
- Is PCT pointless if you're on TRT?

Yes.

- If I add in more test for a 4-8wk cycle, do I need to take something to reduce estrogen?

Maybe. Have an AI on hand.

- If so, wouldn't I want to take nolva or Anastrozole DURING the cycle?

Not Nolvadex, possibly anastrozole. You really need blood work to know for sure but a lot of guys base it on how they're feeling and if they're experiencing side effects like itchy or sensitive nipples.