Is Adrenal Fatigue real? Should an ACTH test be part of annual blood work?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thinking of my upcoming physical in a few months and wonder if I should ask the Dr. to include this.

I have taken to napping for about 30min when I arrive home from work. Weekdays only. Most recent two weeks.

But do not feel the need to nap if I go to the gym after work instead of straight home. If I sit I nap.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No it's not for 99% of people who think they have it,

If I was unable to function from lethargy and other, more common tests came back normal I might try testing it?

How are hormones? Thyroid? B-vitamin levels? Iron is an unlikely one in a male but I'd still test it before this.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No it's not for 99% of people who think they have it,

If I was unable to function from lethargy and other, more common tests came back normal I might try testing it?

How are hormones? Thyroid? B-vitamin levels? Iron is an unlikely one in a male but I'd still test it before this.
Thanks. I am one of those low ferritin males. I have not supplemented in a while. Thanks for the remainder. I do a great deal of running. Ramped it up lately as well. Iron deficiency is apparently common among runners.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It's now as adrenal insufficiency
If you had adrenal fatigue it would lead to death.
Low ferritin is a sign of pathogen or other factor increasing the oxidation of iron...

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
march hemoglobinuria.

Mine is back to 44 from a low of 13!! No more blood donating. I have a desirable blood type.