IRON FORGED NUTRITION CONTRABAND SAMPLE LOG

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks to the guys at Iron Forged Nutrition for sending my a sample of Contraband, their new preworkout. I used my sample today for a German Volume Training chest/back workout today. I got plenty of sleep so that I could properly judge this PWO. 10:45am protein smoothie - 25g whey, 10oz skim milk, banana. 11:50 drank sample packet. 12:20 started crushing my workout.

Taste/Mixability - The taste was very desirable. It reminded me of Hawaiian Punch. It mixed fine but there was tons of foam, probably the most I've ever seen. No big deal, just wait a minute or two. It then needed a another ounce or two to soak up the remaining sediment.

Energy - I felt it start to kick it in after just 5 minutes. The rush got more intense with each passing minute. I felt the Beta-Alanine tingles right as I was started to workout. The energy easily last my entire 52 minute workout and far past it. I never got the jitters. Recovery/Endurance was great. The 90 second rest periods seemed like an eternity for some reason. Depending on the stim blend, my sweet spot for caffeine is 200-300mg and this stuff really amped me up. I was on the threshold of being overly stimmed but did not cross that line. I really enjoyed this stim blend.

Focus - This is where it really shined for me. After about 20 minutes from taking it, I really got dialed in wanting to lift. I almost felt like my face was going to melt off from the focus. I got a good amount of rage. A good euphoria set in after a short time into the workout. I was full on head nodding to my music. This is one of those PWOs where you will feel like putting your head through a wall! Mentally, I could have kept going for another 30 minutes or easily tacked on a post lift cardio session.

Pump - I reacted really well to the pump ingredients. After my warmup, I felt more pumped up than usual. After a few sets, it was full on SWOLE! For me, I definitely wouldn't need to take an extra pump product. My arms got pretty swollen as well.

Performance - After my warmup, I felt a little warmer than usual. Normally I don't like this feeling, but it didn't bother me today. I did sweat a little more than usual. I was able to attack each set with the same aggression. I was pleased with my performance and felt like I had gotten in a quality workout.

Overall - 10/10 for me. Usually, I know early on if a PWO is a winner and Contraband certainly did the trick for me. Some of the ingredients may be "clinically" underdosed but with the kind of pump and focus I got, it certainly worked for me. If I had to say anything bad about the product, it would be the proprietary blend and red dye. Thanks Iron Forged Nutrition! I'll certainly consider Contraband when I need to restock my PWO supply!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Review !!