Interesting Low Estrogen Fix

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For those who don’t know my history, I have a consistent lowish estrogen problem because I can’t raise my testosterone dose high enough to aromatize enough e2, due to erythrocytosis. Using 60mg twice per week right now and that has my Hemoglobin at 17 and hematocrit at 50.9 so far. Going to retest in a few weeks to ensure it doesn’t climb any higher. This has my e2 sensitive at 17, and I still get low e2 symptoms at this level.

When I was running ecdysterone for 8 weeks, my sensitive e2 climbed to 37 and I felt great. This isn’t the thread for “ecdy doesn’t work! It was something else!”. For this threads sake, humor me that it was the cause. When I dropped it, symptoms have resumed. I’ve tried DHEA and it didn’t cut it. It gives me a whole different set of side effects.

My question is, is there anything wrong with never coming off, say, 400mg of cyclodextrin enclosed ecdysterone? My lab work looked great, other than my LDL being 120, but VLDL and triglycerides were great. CBC and chem/liver/electrolytes were great. Other interesting note, in the doctor office a few days ago, my BP was 138/82. This is 2 weeks off ecdy. While on ecdy, it was 117/72.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve heard ecdy can activate the estrogen receptor beta. Not sure it would increase estrogen though. I thought the general consensus from the studies is that it has minimal impact on hormones. Hard to say for sure though.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just realized I didn’t even address your question. I don’t think ecdy will have much of any negative long term effects. Acts mostly as an adaptogen, to my knowledge. If you don’t have any negatives in the blood work from running it, I don’t think you’ll see any issues. To be on the safe side, I’d probably take a couple weeks off here and there, but who knows really? I don’t think the research is out there yet.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Your cyp19a1 may be over active and also your cyp3a4
Suggest doing Dutch hormone urine obviously doctors are missing deeper levels

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established