Injectable mk-677

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This morning I found injectable mk-677 on a list for the first time. Anyone have any experience or know anyone who has tried it?

The oral bioavailability of mk-677 is about 60% (from what I can find).

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
This morning I found injectable mk-677 on a list for the first time. Anyone have any experience or know anyone who has tried it?

The oral bioavailability of mk-677 is about 60% (from what I can find).
I am not aware if there is any benefit as far as igf 1 levels over 25 mg per day?
I think i read gh maxes out at roughly 12.5mg and igf 1 at 25mg per day respectively. Even though it doesnt make sense to me, as igf1 is stimulated by gh, so the 2 should go hand in hand.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not aware if there is any benefit as far as igf 1 levels over 25 mg per day?
I think i read gh maxes out at roughly 12.5mg and igf 1 at 25mg per day respectively. Even though it doesnt make sense to me, as igf1 is stimulated by gh, so the 2 should go hand in hand.
I think IGF-1 does increase a bit (like 20%) when going from 25 mg to 50 mg. But I do agree that most likely there won't be much benefit to injectable, just curious what others think/have experienced.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve seen this as well. I think it’s going to be something we just need to see bloodwork on. Or at least some logs from people already experienced with mk

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve seen this as well. I think it’s going to be something we just need to see bloodwork on. Or at least some logs from people already experienced with mk
I'd like to try it, but its pricey, and I want to try the 8 on 4 off protocol first. You just started that right?

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is injectable mk-677 already, it's here for years and years, it's called GHRP-6

Neither does mk, it has around 5-6 hours
Not doubting you as I've never seen a legitimate source for the 24 hour half life, but where do you get that 5-6 hours from?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
There is injectable mk-677 already, it's here for years and years, it's called GHRP-6

I am just a pu$$y who is worried about an infection if i were to inject multiple times per day. The only compound i would get out of my way to do so is GH.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I guess that's true, but GHRPs dont have that super dirty 24 hour half life.
Not doubting you as I've never seen a legitimate source for the 24 hour half life, but where do you get that 5-6 hours from?
From personal experience, I've seen better results when I took 2 or 3 divided dosages during the day instead of one full dosage. And few other people saw same thing.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

From personal experience, I've seen better results when I took 2 or 3 divided dosages during the day instead of one full dosage. And few other people saw same thing.
When i take 25mg, i split that to 2x per day.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, few verry knowledgable people on that subject suggested taking mod grf with it to enhance and prolong its effects, and if it really has 24h half life, than whats the point of taking mod grf with it?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Also, few verry knowledgable people on that subject suggested taking mod grf with it to enhance and prolong its effects, and if it really has 24h half life, than whats the point of taking mod grf with it?
Interesting... so combining ghrh with mk677 should increase igf 1 even further.

Would be exciting to see if someone has done it and did bloodwork to see how much igf 1 increased with mk677 + ghrh over just mk677.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting... so combining ghrh with mk677 should increase igf 1 even further.

Would be exciting to see if someone has done it and did bloodwork to see how much igf 1 increased with mk677 + ghrh over just mk677.
There is definitely blood work out there for the combination of mk677 and cjc-dac, igf-1 into the 700s with 25 mg mk-677 and I believe it was 20 mg cjc-dac per week.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is definitely blood work out there for the combination of mk677 and cjc-dac, igf-1 into the 700s with 25 mg mk-677 and I believe it was 20 mg cjc-dac per week.
If someone used that high of a dosage, it would be more cost effective if he used real GH

LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
Wrong, MK677 has a half life of 24hrs and injectable is a way better delivery system. That is standard common sense. Anything injectable bypasses the liver on first pass which... well in return absorbs more of the product into the blood stream. I have never once heard of a 5-6 hr half life with MK EVER!!

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If someone used that high of a dosage, it would be more cost effective if he used real GH
Wrong, MK677 has a half life of 24hrs and injectable is a way better delivery system. That is standard common sense. Anything injectable bypasses the liver on first pass which... well in return absorbs more of the product into the blood stream. I have never once heard of a 5-6 hr half life with MK EVER!!
Well, with all respect to you man, I don't buy that theory about 24 hr half life. If that was the case, ghrelin stimulation would last much much longer, hunger we feel on it in first 2 hours wuold also last longer and some who get sleepy would strugle with that whole day and that would be really frustrating.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Well, with all respect to you man, I don't buy that theory about 24 hr half life. If that was the case, ghrelin stimulation would last much much longer, hunger we feel on it in first 2 hours wuold also last longer and some who get sleepy would strugle with that whole day and that would be really frustrating.
I'll be starting mk again in 4 days, I'm going to try the 8 on 4 off method that has been talked about, and will also try splitting my dose like you recommend. I already have a bunch of 10 mg caps, so I'm thinking I will do 10 mg 3x per day.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll be starting mk again in 4 days, I'm going to try the 8 on 4 off method that has been talked about, and will also try splitting my dose like you recommend. I already have a bunch of 10 mg caps, so I'm thinking I will do 10 mg 3x per day.
Nice man, keep us updated

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hunch tells me that 8 on 4 off wont be good enough to combat desensitization and that longer off period is needed to gain full sensitivity again.

but it is just a hunch.

btw is any of you guys who are starting 8 on 4 off going to do bloodwork?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Research has shown that MK-677 provides roughly a dozen spikes in GH over a 24 hour period, with the largest spike occurring at the 12 hour mark. It's active life is about 24 hours.

The reason that adding Mod to MK increase GH/IGF-1 levels further than MK alone is because it further potentiates that particular MOA. MK does work through the same MOA as Mod (MK works through 4 separate MOAs), but not maximally. So, by adding Mod to MK, this MOA is targeted more powerfully.

Unlike MK, Mod does have a very short active life, so best results with Mod are always seen with multiple daily doses, whether it's used with MK or not.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Research has shown that MK-677 provides roughly a dozen spikes in GH over a 24 hour period, with the largest spike occurring at the 12 hour mark. It's active life is about 24 hours.

The reason that adding Mod to MK increase GH/IGF-1 levels further than MK alone is because it further potentiates that particular MOA. MK does work through the same MOA as Mod (MK works through 4 separate MOAs), but not maximally. So, by adding Mod to MK, this MOA is targeted more powerfully.

Unlike MK, Mod does have a very short active life, so best results with Mod are always seen with multiple daily doses, whether it's used with MK or not.
I stand corrected. Thank you for your input and knowledge on this subject

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hunch tells me that 8 on 4 off wont be good enough to combat desensitization and that longer off period is needed to gain full sensitivity again.

but it is just a hunch.

btw is any of you guys who are starting 8 on 4 off going to do bloodwork?
No, an 8 ON/ 4 OFF program won't fully reverse desensitization, but it still does so to a fairly large degree. The important issue here isn't whether or not we acheive full resenstization with an 8 ON/ 4 OFF program, but rather, we need to ask ourselves what on-time/off-time ratio is optimal for experiencing the highest overall output in GH/IGF-1 over a given period of time (say 8 weeks, for example).

In other words, if an 8 ON/ 4 OFF program provides greater overall GH/IGF-1 output over an 8 week period in comparison to daily use, then the 8 ON/ 4 OFF program would be superior (while also saving the user money). In this case, the available blood work has clearly shown the 8 ON/ 4 OFF program to be superior to daily use over an 8 week period. Densetization with MK is rapid and significant, so extended daily use is NOT the best way to go.

On the other hand, if we take so much time off that overall GH/IGF-1 output is actually reduced (over an 8 week period) in comparison to the 8 ON/ 4 OFF program, then it doesn't really matter if we acheive greater increases in sensitivity because the whole point is to maximize increases in GH/IGF-1 output over a given period of time. Therefore, whatever protocol allows us to best do that, is the one we should be using.

At this point we don't know what the perfect program is, but we do know know that daily use is NOT ideal...and we also know that at some point, taking too much off-time will only result in less overall GH/IGF-1 output.

For example, if we take a full 4 weeks OFF for every 1 week ON, we will obviously achieve better resenstization, but I can tell you right now--for certain--that you will NOT produce more overall GH/IGF-1 taking that much off-time. Therefore, taking too much off-time only results in less overall benefit, regardless of how resenstized you become.

Now, would we achieve slightly greater GH/IGF-1 output with an 8 ON/ 5 OFF program...or with a 7 ON/ 3 OFF program...or with a 10 ON/6 OFF program? We don't know, but we do know this....

Daily use is NOT ideal...and if you start taking too much off-time, the greater increase in sensitivity ultimately won't matter because you will experience less overall GH/IGF-1 output.

At this point I think the 8 ON/4 OFF program is a very good start...and we can assess from there. I could be wrong, but at this point it seems to me that a 2:1 (ON to OFF time) ratio is likely superior to a 1:1 ratio. Therefore, if that is the case, there is only a very small window in which we might be able to further manipulate the ON/OFF ratio in order to further improve results (i.e. greater overall GH/IGF-1 output).

Last edited:

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
^^Very good post indeed, our thought process is pretty similar.

It is just that i didnt invest ipenough time in studying bloodwork from multiple users that point out significant desensitization after first week.
But significant desensitization occuring pretty fast makes a lot of sense. Body has all kinds of mechanisms to prevent throwing itself out of balance.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, an 8 ON/ 4 OFF program won't fully reverse desensitization, but it still does so to a fairly large degree. The important issue here isn't whether or not we acheive full resenstization with an 8 ON/ 4 OFF program, but rather, we need to ask ourselves what on-time/off-time ratio is optimal for experiencing the highest overall output in GH/IGF-1 over a given period of time (say 8 weeks, for example).

In other words, if an 8 ON/ 4 OFF program provides greater overall GH/IGF-1 output over an 8 week period in comparison to daily use, then the 8 ON/ 4 OFF program would be superior (while also saving the user money). In this case, the available blood work has clearly shown the 8 ON/ 4 OFF program to be superior to daily use over an 8 week period. Densetization with MK is rapid and significant, so extended daily use is NOT the best way to go.

On the other hand, if we take so much time off that overall GH/IGF-1 output is actually reduced (over an 8 week period) in comparison to the 8 ON/ 4 OFF program, then it doesn't really matter if we acheive greater increases in sensitivity because the whole point is to maximize increases in GH/IGF-1 output over a given period of time. Therefore, whatever protocol allows us to best do that, is the one we should be using.

At this point we don't know what the perfect program is, but we do know know that daily use is NOT ideal...and we also know that at some point, taking too much off-time will only result in less overall GH/IGF-1 output.

For example, if we take a full 4 weeks OFF for every 1 week ON, we will obviously achieve better resenstization, but I can tell you right now--for certain--that you will NOT produce more overall GH/IGF-1 taking that much off-time. Therefore, taking too much off-time only results in less overall benefit, regardless of how resenstized you become.

Now, would we achieve slightly greater GH/IGF-1 output with an 8 ON/ 5 OFF program...or with a 7 ON/ 3 OFF program...or with a 10 ON/6 OFF program? We don't know, but we do know this....

Daily use is NOT ideal...and if you start taking too much off-time, the greater increase in sensitivity ultimately won't matter because you will experience less overall GH/IGF-1 output.

At this point I think the 8 ON/4 OFF program is a very good start...and we can assess from there. I could be wrong, but at this point it seems to me that a 2:1 (ON to OFF time) ratio is likely superior to a 1:1 ratio. Therefore, if that is the case, there is only a very small window in which we might be able to further manipulate the ON/OFF ratio in order to further improve results (i.e. greater overall GH/IGF-1 output).
Thanks Mike, great info, as per usual. I have a quick question I asked you in another thread but you probably missed: What do you think of running GH on the 4 off days? From what little I know, I do not think it will interfere with resensitizing the pituitary to MK-677's effects, but I figure you would bethe guy to to ask.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks Mike, great info, as per usual. I have a quick question I asked you in another thread but you probably missed: What do you think of running GH on the 4 off days? From what little I know, I do not think it will interfere with resensitizing the pituitary to MK-677's effects, but I figure you would bethe guy to to ask.
This is a great idea. If i manage to get my hands on reasonably priced gh i may do this.

Renew1

Renew1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I stand corrected. Thank you for your input and knowledge on this subject
As always, Mike is an incredible source of information. But he didn't say you were wrong about half-life. There is a difference in half-life, and active lifespan.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Mike Arnold lately i have noticed that after mk dosing i geat a skipped beat or two, and i get a moderate headache for the following hours.
I also seem to be extra thirsty and get literally knocked out ( i take it pre bed), i fall asleep within 15 minutes and wake up about an hour later with a headache.
Do you know about any mechanism of action ofmk677 that could cause that?

It hasnt been happening before, just as of lately.
Perhaps it is high blood sugar? Time to back off a little? (or an excuse to start doing some slin muahahahahha)

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
Densetization with MK is rapid and significant
Do we have any evidence indicating how rapid? How did 8 become the suggested time "on" before a resensitization period?

Thanks, as always, for the informative posts, Mike.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got some good generic gh in so maybe I will give this a try unless anyone has a reason not to. 25mg mk 8 days 3 iu gh 4 days etc

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got some good generic gh in so maybe I will give this a try unless anyone has a reason not to. 25mg mk 8 days 3 iu gh 4 days etc
I really think it should work, and I will be starting a very similar protocol soon.

Exo GH suppresses pituitary GH release for 24 hours, but I don't see how that would interfere with regaining sensitivity to MK-677.

LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
How do you know your GH is good? Serious question and not being a wise ass. I would only use GMP certified black tops with lab results.

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you know your GH is good? Serious question and not being a wise ass. I would only use GMP certified black tops with lab results.
Cheap way: buy a blood glucose meter, take a reading before a GH shot, take another an hour later, your blood glucose will increase proportional to the dosage of GH.

More expensive way: pin a whole vial of GH, get an IGF-1/GH blood draw 3 hours later. Top quality GH will have your GH between 35 and 40.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By seeing multiple users bloodwork which consistently shows that it is in fact “good”. Lab results showing the same. Certainly not basing my choice on the color of the tops at this point