Injectable carnitine vs oral

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Update: still running this (oral LCLT - 2-4gm/day) + tongkat (ND), black ginger extract, Butea, half dose of outbreak rise +m-test, creatine.

DHT or androgen receptor sensitivity is definitely up cuz patchy spots on my cheeks are filling in without any minoxidil. workout perf is mehhh to slightly better. I was stronger last summer to be honest.

libido/desire is low, erections/performance are great though

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If anyone is interested im 3 days in on 300mg injectable and all three days there is a huge increase in pump and work capacity. Way too much of a difference to be a placebo effect in my opinion. So far it makes 3000mg of the oral look like nothing at all

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
It only has like 14% bioavailibity when taken orally

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It only has like 14% bioavailibity when taken orally
Correct, but even if you take that into consideration and use the oral equivalent it's still a night and day difference. I don't think there's any amount you can take orally that will match the performance increase I'm seeing with the injectable. So far I'm extremely impressed

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Correct, but even if you take that into consideration and use the oral equivalent it's still a night and day difference. I don't think there's any amount you can take orally that will match the performance increase I'm seeing with the injectable. So far I'm extremely impressed
Keep us posted going forward. I have not seen much positive posted off only 300mg I/M so that is exciting if it continues?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Keep us posted going forward. I have not seen much positive posted off only 300mg I/M so that is exciting if it continues?
I have a thread called Injectable l Carnitine, 150mg testosterone and cutting.

If you scroll down it should show it under similar threads. I plan on trying various doses up to 1200mg because the ppl I spoke with advocate 1000mg per day but some Others are advocate of lower doses and I was immediately impressed by 300. I take a pre workout with 20-25gm added carbs, pin 300, hit the gym with my intra containing another 50 carbs, eaa's, creatine and glutamine and start sipping. Pumps and work capacity are greatly improved. The only variable is the Carnitine and the extra 25 gm carbs from dextrose.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
200/day has been great if you set your expectations accordingly. Better pumps, better endurance, less lactic acid/burn, better recovery between sets, you’re gonna sweat.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I've been doing 600mg pre workout...pumps are great. I load into a slin pin so it takes a little time with this concentration.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
200/day has been great if you set your expectations accordingly. Better pumps, better endurance, less lactic acid/burn, better recovery between sets, you’re gonna sweat.
I didn't plan on feeling or noticing anything to be honest. I figured I'd use it for a few months and have to look at pictures to make notes of how it worked. But as I said, it completely took me by surprise at how much I noticed it and at almost 1/4 of the dose I was planning to use.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I didn't plan on feeling or noticing anything to be honest. I figured I'd use it for a few months and have to look at pictures to make notes of how it worked. But as I said, it completely took me by surprise at how much I noticed it and at almost 1/4 of the dose I was planning to use.
I think the big doses are probably necessary to shine for fat loss, is my guess. But if you just want the gym stuff and to get more bang for the amount of gear you are running, it doesn’t take much.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
More Plates More Dates talks about carnitine increasing fat loss when implemented before fasted cardio as well...im starting to implement this a couple times a week.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
More Plates More Dates talks about carnitine increasing fat loss when implemented before fasted cardio as well...im starting to implement this a couple times a week.
It doesn't make any sense to me, you want to spike your blood sugar to get the carn to do it's thing, fasted seems like the least beneficial time to use L-Carnitine. I was actually listening to a podcast the other day where John Meadows was talking about how it makes no sense to use it fasted. That's not where I came to my conclusion I already felt that way but hearing that kind of backed it up in my head

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Why do you need your blood sugar to spike for l-carnitine to work?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Why do you need your blood sugar to spike for l-carnitine to work?
Insulin shuttles the Carnitine into the muscle, insulin also enables the Carnitine to do something with the oxidation of fatty acids allowing for fat loss. There's a lot to it and I don't fully understand it myself but from my understanding the insulin spike being present when using Carnitine is part of the process needed for it to burn fat. Everything I have come across makes fasted use look very less optimal for the majority of it's uses