Injectable carnitine vs oral

Stanfoo

Awards
Anyone tried both oral and injectable carnitine?

Injectable is better absorption, but does it actually "work better" than oral? Androgen receptor upregulation is the main goal.

Does anyone notice any subjective differences between the two?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Oral bioavailability is only like 14%....so you would need to take alot more to get an adequate dosage....

Then there is the TMAO causing cancer research
....u avoid this by injecting it

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone tried both oral and injectable carnitine?

Injectable is better absorption, but does it actually "work better" than oral? Androgen receptor upregulation is the main goal.

Does anyone notice any subjective differences between the two?
I took it oral for a few weeks. Now beginning injection. @Leakydelts is positive injection is better.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'm doing injectable right now...it feels like my metabolism is spread up...and makes TRT go further via AR being increased.

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
There’s a great video on the oral bioavailability and why injectable is considerably superior in every way. It was more plates more dates I believe

that being said I haven’t tried injectables

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
This is where I got the info

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I've only been using 400mg pre workout and noticed great pumps and fat loss...eating around maintenance

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
I've only been using 400mg pre workout and noticed great pumps and fat loss...eating around maintenance
If I knew the first thing about non oral cycles I would probably be all over it. I’ve never injected and I’m paranoid about F’ing myself up

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If I knew the first thing about non oral cycles I would probably be all over it. I’ve never injected and I’m paranoid about F’ing myself up
Dude, this is super safe.. Just watch a few videos. Get some 29g 1/2" Insulin syringes off of Amazon and do it!
I'm looking to maybe brew my own l carnitine just to save a few bucks.

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Dude, this is super safe.. Just watch a few videos. Get some 29g 1/2" Insulin syringes off of Amazon and do it!
Dude there’s like a million questions I would have just. I wish I could get a doc to inject me and be like “this is how you do it every time”

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Depending on your dose you will save a lot after initial set up. I’m about to brew my first batch and will dose at 1g a day.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Depending on your dose you will save a lot after initial set up. I’m about to brew my first batch and will dose at 1g a day.
You gonna dose 1g indefinitely? Or this part of a cut or something?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Another option, to avoid injecting everyday, is to inject 3 times per week, and take caps the other days....you will build saturation faster this way

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
1g for a good long run. Will monitor labs, sides, results for prob 6 months or so then reevaluate.
Cool man. What labs u gonna monitor? I haven't heard if any negative sides

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Injecting Carnitine is a breeze. just draw desired amount in a half inch slin pin. Alcohol swab the side of your glute. Push pin in glute. Inject. No pain. Real hard to mess up. Once you do it once, you'll be like, what was all the fuss about.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Make sure you have simple carbs around that injection. Necessary to drive the carnitine into the muscle. Also, pre workout injection not necessary. The benefits you get from Carnitine will be from it's accumulation) saturation into the muscle, similar to creatine. So, you could take post workout, and get the same effects during your next workout as you would if you injected pre workout.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Make sure you have simple carbs around that injection. Necessary to drive the carnitine into the muscle. Also, pre workout injection not necessary. The benefits you get from Carnitine will be from it's accumulation) saturation into the muscle, similar to creatine. So, you could take post workout, and get the same effects during your next workout as you would if you injected pre workout.
True...but my routine is pre workout...so easy to stick to...

Where is the research suggesting carbs are needed?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

A lot of information in there. From my understanding, carbs are necessary for Carnitine to be pulled into the muscle.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cool man. What labs u gonna monitor? I haven't heard if any negative sides
Just full panels to see if I notice any negative/positive changes in hormones, inflammatory markers, lipids, etc.

Question for those on TRT that have done this: If androgen receptor density is increased, is the dose of test just more effectively used, or would you want to increase dose to saturate more more receptors? My gut tells me it’s the first, that test isn’t being fully used due to lack of ARs and normal dose will be maximized.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just full panels to see if I notice any negative/positive changes in hormones, inflammatory markers, lipids, etc.

Question for those on TRT that have done this: If androgen receptor density is increased, is the dose of test just more effectively used, or would you want to increase dose to saturate more more receptors? My gut tells me it’s the first, that test isn’t being fully used due to lack of ARs and normal dose will be maximized.
The same amount of test will now be more effective. No need to up dose.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
There have been several anecdotal reports of people using it prior to fasted cardio and seeing increased fat metabolization

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

a lot of end-user feedback here

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

a lot of end-user feedback here
professional muscle forum???

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude there’s like a million questions I would have just. I wish I could get a doc to inject me and be like “this is how you do it every time”
Apprehension is normal but remind yourself that they teach small children how to self admin with insulin pins. With the 1/2 in slin pin short of jamming it into a bone, almost impossible unless being a complete knob, or jamming it in your eye it is almost impossible to screw up with a water based compound like this.

Go get a B12 shot at one of the walk-in lab testing places if you need to see it firsthand but if you can shave without killing yourself I think you will be good to go lol.

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Apprehension is normal but remind yourself that they teach small children how to self admin with insulin pins. With the 1/2 in slin pin short of jamming it into a bone, almost impossible unless being a complete knob, or jamming it in your eye it is almost impossible to screw up with a water based compound like this.

Go get a B12 shot at one of the walk-in lab testing places if you need to see it firsthand but if you can shave without killing yourself I think you will be good to go lol.
So basically with water based compounds it’s much harder to screw yourself than it is with oils?
now if I could only find properly dosed on one of these sites I might be on board for a late summer run

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

A lot of information in there. From my understanding, carbs are necessary for Carnitine to be pulled into the muscle.
Insulin is what is necessary. Exogenously applied, or endogenously released from food consumption - especially carbs.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can anyone confirm, do the Synthetek labels mention anything about injecting? Cheers

MFTrainz

MFTrainz

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone confirm, do the Synthetek labels mention anything about injecting? Cheers
Speaking of, I think I was looking at theirs, isn’t it lower dosage to where you’d have to inject more than once a day?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Speaking of, I think I was looking at theirs, isn’t it lower dosage to where you’d have to inject more than once a day?
They recommend 1ml (200mg) per 25kg of bodyweight...John Meadows loves this stuff, and he thought 2ml (400mg) was totally sufficient for him to see results during contest prep. He is much shorter than me, but carries much more muscle. I guess I'm thinking if 400mg is enough for him itll be plenty for me.

Pretty sure he was pinning all prewo. I'd have to revisit his thread to confirm.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If I can successfully brew, use, and verify results/quality, would anyone be willing to purchase? If I can make a couple bucks for my time, save you a bunch of money and provide a better concentration(500mg/ml) over the brand being mentioned. I might be down if I get the process dialed in and feel it’s very high quality.

Last edited:
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You might be right, prewo dosing is not exactly "necessary", but if taking carbs around the dosing in order to increase or maximize lean tissue uptake then prewo dosing aligns with this goal too (exercise will attenuate nutrient uptake to lean tissue). For pretty much the same reasons it is recommended to dose ArA prewo.

The accumulation effect you allude to is more relevant to oral dosing of l-carnitine, not inj. Injection is much more acute.

Ugh not trying to bust your balls, just been reading a John Meadows thread on this sh1t, plus the Synthetek write up. Some good stuff there.

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Insulin is what is necessary. Exogenously applied, or endogenously released from food consumption - especially carbs.
That's what I was getting at, but thanks.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You might be right, prewo dosing is not exactly "necessary", but if taking carbs around the dosing in order to increase or maximize lean tissue uptake then prewo dosing aligns with this goal too (exercise will attenuate nutrient uptake to lean tissue). For pretty much the same reasons it is recommended to dose ArA prewo.

The accumulation effect you allude to is more relevant to oral dosing of l-carnitine, not inj. Injection is much more acute.

Ugh not trying to bust your balls, just been reading a John Meadows thread on this sh1t, plus the Synthetek write up. Some good stuff there.
Injection can have a much more acute effect compared to oral, no doubt, but I have read there is still loading involved with injection, but it doesn't take as long as oral. Oral loading takes around 100 days.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No they will not say that anywhere on their site or product. Reasons should be obvious. The bottle appears to have a screw off top but you leave that in place and it is a multi-use top.

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some ideas, just to throw out there, that I've been getting from a few older threads at another site...

Benefits appear to increase as dosing increases. Some guys have run this as high as 1gm per day.

Benefits are still very much there at lower doses (200mg).

Most have been dosing around the 400mg mark.

Meadows, as well as others, have reported dosing prewo only on training days still beneficial. Every day dosing is not "necessary" to see effects and benefits.

This all applies to inj.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
somewhat anectodal but i have taken a cycle of carnitine while back and def noticed some testicular fullness / improved libido.

I started again 2 weeks ago and I am noticing again. Looking at some studies it seems to help with male infertility. We know that libido is somewhat controlled by Sperm production and volume in testis. Perhaps carnitine def does play a role with androgen receptors in testis also. Testosterone is actually protective of sperm motility. Likely carnitine amplifying Testosterone's affects on the sperm via androgen receptor.

Last edited:
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My little update...

About 1 week in. No sh1t, this stuff goes in smooth and dissipates quick as fuk (no lumps....I've never used water soln before).

Pumps, not really noticed much additional.

Fat loss, meh too early to tell I think. I have enough for 8 weeks at 3.5ml per day (350mg). A few days I've done cardio sessions twice, I've dosed prior to each. Tried also to have some sort of glucose or carb before dosing, during training, and after.

Edit: sweating. Sweating like a fuker during cardio. Beyond normal.

Last edited:
banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
has anyone looked into liposomal delivery methods? I was given a small ultrasonic cleaner and was considering trying to make some liposomal solutions this summer.

Vitruvian Man

Vitruvian Man

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Bump for all the guys running to give an update 👍

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bump for all the guys running to give an update 👍
i'm not running to give a update, but i did just finish a rare [for me] night run...felt good, i need to run at night more often!!!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have all the home brew supplies but have yet to do it. Been crazy busy. Now would
Be ideal for summer shreds tho

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Been using 400mg injectable carnitine a few times per week...increased vascualroty and fat loss

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not going to bother with it again. The benefits are too subtle to justify the cost and all the extra pinning.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not going to bother with it again. The benefits are too subtle to justify the cost and all the extra pinning.
Didn’t go back and read but how high were you running it and what is your weight/ bf %?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wonder if there are differences in quality among brands or possibly with the number of carbs being taken with because I have heard this similar sentiment from other guys, but conversely, have heard different guys say they got much leaner and were able to stay much leaner while gaining and that it is one of the greatest things they have come across in terms of maintaining a leaner offseason look while gaining...