Increasing free testosterone : total testosterone

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How can you increase your free testosterone : total testosterone ratio?

This blood test came back last week and I'd like to increase my free testosterone

Thanks in advance

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
For a natural lifter your numbers are already in the upper end of the "normal range". You could try a natural testosterone boosting product like Alphamax, but since your numbers are already in the higher range a natural product may not have a significant impact.

Is there a particular reason you want your test higher? Are you have difficulty with anything (lifting, recovery, sexual health, etc.)?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For a natural lifter your numbers are already in the upper end of the "normal range". You could try a natural testosterone boosting product like Alphamax, but since your numbers are already in the higher range a natural product may not have a significant impact.

Is there a particular reason you want your test higher? Are you have difficulty with anything (lifting, recovery, sexual health, etc.)?
I'm keen to maximise the return on the time I'm investing.
I'm glad to see I've recovered and am pretty happy with the general state of things, the testosterone reading is a pleasant surprise. I'm aware that free testosterone is the 'one that counts' for anabolism and I'd like to get that up to the upper bound as total testosterone is.

There's a bottle of alphamax at home but I'm not sure what would happen if I used it. Seeing as total testosterone is currently above the upper bound of the normal range, is there a risk that it'd lead to something negative? It's because of this that I'm particularly looking into ways of specifically increasing free testosterone

I'm currently reading into exactly what SHBG, albumin bound test and free test are for, how they're formed and the factors influencing their balance and conversion

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is nothing wrong with your testosterone but I’d be concerned why your liver enzymes are that high. Tells me you are NOT recovered.

Your alkaline phosphatase being high tells me your bone density is decreasing. I’d get that checked.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There is nothing wrong with your testosterone but I’d be concerned why your liver enzymes are that high. Tells me you are NOT recovered.

Your alkaline phosphatase being high tells me your bone density is decreasing. I’d get that checked.
Thanks for the feedback I'll follow it up with my doctor. I've been digging through my old blood tests and the relatively pages are attached below. Three and two years ago I had some general blood tests done which indicated that certain liver enzymes were high. The first few of these were done before I started taking any supps that are meant to boost testosterone although I was taking some vitamins to enhance liver function. The doc at the time said that the abnormalities may be indicative of hepatitis, but after a few tests which tested specifically for hepatitis, that was ruled out.
The bloods below from last year all show that my alkaline phosphatase was in the middle of the normal range. Since those were done, nothing's really changed in my diet or supplementation so I'm curious as to why there was the change. I'll follow it up with my doc
Does anything else catch your eye?

IMG_9568.jpg

IMG_9571.jpg

IMG_9579.jpg

ironhands

ironhands

Awards
  • Established
i suggest trying the anabolic diet by Mauro Dipasquale, it's basically monday through friday low carb, or zero carb diet, eat plenty of fats and proteins, and on the weekend eat plenty of carbs, eat anything really, works like a charm, it increases testosterone and growth hormone naturally, worked for me

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Recovering from what?
A 10 week run of LGD with a PCT that was delayed by three weeks as the company I got the LGD from doesn't tell you you'll need a SERM. I was pretty heavily suppressed by the end of the cycle

Whilst on the LGD I was also on MK677. After I realised I was suppressed I joined AM and started researching what i'd taken. I then came across some other folks with past psychiatric issues and it turns out that MK shouldn't be taken by those with such past psychiatric issues. The symptoms I had from the MK were heavy anxiety and (ensuing?) depression, these lasted 6 months

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Recovering from what?
A 10 week run of LGD with a PCT that was delayed by three weeks as the company I got the LGD from doesn't tell you you'll need a SERM. I was pretty heavily suppressed by the end of the cycle

Whilst on the LGD I was also on MK677. After I realised I was suppressed I joined AM and started researching what i'd taken. I then came across some other folks with past psychiatric issues and it turns out that MK shouldn't be taken by those with such past psychiatric issues. The symptoms I had from the MK were heavy anxiety and (ensuing?) depression, these lasted 6 months

leonedibben

Awards
Hello, u_e_s_i! Many men face this trouble after reaching 40+ age. Wheres a couple of ways to increase your testosterone level. In your situation, I would recommend using natural sources, like women, going to the gym, and taking a good diet. If this were not enough, I would recommend you get some testosterone injections/pills, but before buying and consuming them, you will need to consult your doctor. Here is the article about testosterone I usually use in the gym www.healthcanal.com/nutrition/best-testosterone-booster-men-over-50. If you need further details, contact me via private message.

Last edited: