I'm cutting but I feel I'm going to lose all the weight I gained during bulking, does it make sense?

VtaperXO

Awards
Another thing people don't realize is that once you've suffered and got lean and have abs. It's a thousand times easier to get back to there again, Everyone has this fear of being small or being too light karma but the thing that makes them feel big isn't muscle it's fat they just think. It's muscle. I get out of shape all the time but I never get fat because I would have to force myself to get fat at this point in life even I'm. Almost forty and my metabolism is still crankin like when I was a teenager because of my lifestyle.

That's another excuse a lot of 35 and older people like to make. Is that i'm older so my metabolism slowed down, no it did not, you slowed down. If you were out riding Bikes and playing basketball and doing all the stuff you did when you were a kid, Your metabolism would be cranking just like when you were fifteen.

Also @VtaperXO, I wouldn't bulk till after summer. I'd spend the rest of the summer, Even if you don't want to keep cutting, I would at least stay at maintenance through the summer, Keep up with your cardio and try to work on increasing your strength a little bit.

Start your bulk after summer, ideally you want to be 8-10%bf at the beginning of your bulk and you don't wanna bulk past 15-18%
When it's after summer in the US? 💀 Where I live it's always summer haha

VtaperXO

Awards
Another thing people don't realize is that once you've suffered and got lean and have abs. It's a thousand times easier to get back to there again, Everyone has this fear of being small or being too light karma but the thing that makes them feel big isn't muscle it's fat they just think. It's muscle. I get out of shape all the time but I never get fat because I would have to force myself to get fat at this point in life even I'm. Almost forty and my metabolism is still crankin like when I was a teenager because of my lifestyle.

That's another excuse a lot of 35 and older people like to make. Is that i'm older so my metabolism slowed down, no it did not, you slowed down. If you were out riding Bikes and playing basketball and doing all the stuff you did when you were a kid, Your metabolism would be cranking just like when you were fifteen.

Also @VtaperXO, I wouldn't bulk till after summer. I'd spend the rest of the summer, Even if you don't want to keep cutting, I would at least stay at maintenance through the summer, Keep up with your cardio and try to work on increasing your strength a little bit.

Start your bulk after summer, ideally you want to be 8-10%bf at the beginning of your bulk and you don't wanna bulk past 15-18%
I think you told me I was less than 20% when I had seven weeks cutting.

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Tomorrow I'll post some pics in order to see my % of bodyfat rn, the purpose of eating at maintenance and still doing cardio would be keep losing weight? During this period I realized is not that easy to get lean, at the beginning I was thinking about 12 weeks and now I have almost 16 weeks.
Dude this could take 32 weeks just being honest...BTW are you natty?

VtaperXO

Awards
Bench press:
At the end of the bulk: 95kgx4
After 16 weeks of cutting: 90kgx3
Is this normal or I'm losing too much strength?

Last edited: