IGF reconstitution and 3/10 insulin pins?

stankydanky

Awards
Okay so i added 1ml of AA to 1mg of IGF-1. Using 29g 3/10cc slin pins how much is each tick in terms of mcg? 10 right? Thanks

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Okay so i added 1ml of AA to 1mg of IGF-1. Using 29g 3/10cc slin pins how much is each tick in terms of mcg? 10 right? Thanks
I just discovered you could get the 0.3cc slinpins. Those must be darn small!

Sorry, not sure about the ticks on that. Pumbert or Bobas will probably let you know. :D

BTW, did you make your own filtered 0.6%AA?

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Here is a pic of the 3/10cc Insulin Syringe scale...

1cc=1ml. There are 10 "tics" per .10 (tenth) cc. 1mg/ml (1000mcg/ml) is equal to 100mcg per .10 cc, which would give you 10mcg per tic.

Attachments

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established

1cc=1ml. There are 10 "tics" per .10 (tenth) cc. 1mg/ml (1000mcg/ml) is equal to 100mcg per .10 cc, which would give you 10mcg per tic.
Ah yes, very good. This makes clear sense. I was under the impression that some goofy IU conversion was needed in figuring this out. But it's apparent now that they're meaningless really. I never used IU's in lab so was unfamiliar with that unit. :D

This is simple dimensional analysis:
Your goal is to determine mcg/tick:
1. 30 ticks/0.3mL = 100ticks/1mL
2. Thus, 1mL/100 ticks
3. (1mL/100ticks) x (1,000mcg/mL). (remember, 1,000mcg/mg)
4. The mL's cancel out, leaving 1,000mcg/100ticks = 10mcg/tick

:D I'm simply reiterating what Bobas said.

FYI: If you're using 0.5mL (0.5cc) slinpins (as I am), the calculations result in the same 10mcg/tick as found above! The slinpins will have 50 ticks and will hold 0.5mL, so ticks/mL = 100ticks/1mL ==>(invert) ==> 1mL/100ticks.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Ah yes, very good. This makes clear sense. I was under the impression that some goofy IU conversion was needed in figuring this out. But it's apparent now that they're meaningless really. I never used IU's in lab so was unfamiliar with that unit. :D

This is simple dimensional analysis:
Your goal is to determine mcg/tick:
1. 30 ticks/0.3mL = 100ticks/1mL
2. Thus, 1mL/100 ticks
3. (1mL/100ticks) x (1,000mcg/mL). (remember, 1,000mcg/mg)
4. The mL's cancel out, leaving 1,000mcg/100ticks = 10mcg/tick

:D I'm simply reiterating what Bobas said.

FYI: If you're using 0.5mL (0.5cc) slinpins (as I am), the calculations result in the same 10mcg/tick as found above! The slinpins will have 50 ticks and will hold 0.5mL, so ticks/mL = 50ticks/1mL ==>(invert) ==> 1mL/50ticks.
Ya Papa, ppl confuse IUs and throw it out in their conversions and slin pin measurements to describe "volume".
International Units are a "mass" measurement not a volume measurement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_unit

In pharmacology, the International Unit is a unit of measurement for the amount of a substance, based on measured biological activity or effect.

stankydanky

Awards
okay i made my own AA, composed of 1ml of white vinegar (5% acidic) and 7ml of distilled water. After filtering into a sterile vial i drew 1ml out of the vial (Which is AA) and added it to the 1mg of IGF. Im pretty sure i did everything correctly, will it ruin the IGF if a few drops were missed when making the AA?

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
okay i made my own AA, composed of 1ml of white vinegar (5% acidic) and 7ml of distilled water. After filtering into a sterile vial i drew 1ml out of the vial (Which is AA) and added it to the 1mg of IGF. Im pretty sure i did everything correctly, will it ruin the IGF if a few drops were missed when making the AA?
A few drops of AA were missed? Or a few drops of distilled H2O? I think you're already low at 7mLs of H2O (I will use 7.5mL). Anyways, it's all not THAT critical in my opinion. It all boils down to acidity of your IGF-1/AA soln. If you use less than 7.0mL H2O, the IGF-1 soln. will be more acidic and you should back-load with more BW to dilute the acid.

I'm not saying that greater acidity is better. And IMO it won't ruin your IGF if a few "drops" were missed (assuming it was water). The acidity is to ward off bacterial growth.

My $.02

buster12

Awards

poop

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pro Bodybuilding 0
IGF-1/GH 1
theface IGF-1/GH 1
IGF-1/GH 0
Rhyno IGF-1/GH 5