If 1-AD converts to 1-Test, why does it seem so different?

J

Jeff Rippe

Awards
I asked this question on the BB.com website and even P. Arnold himself had no answer. 

I have used both 1-AD and 1-Test (the 1-AD came first).  Both increased my size and strength but the side effects were very different.

On my first two weeks of 1-AD (600mg/day) I had a mild headache and significant lethargy.  I later developed a ravenous appetite and ended gaining about 15 pounds in 6 weeks (a lot of strength too).  I had the typical 1-AD burning urine, moodiness, acne, etc.  It felt heavy duty (people thought I was "juicin'").

Now, with similar doses of 1-Test I get bigger and stronger but with very few outward side effects and NO appetite increase.  It actually seems LESS effective or at least less noticeable.

Why such a difference if these two compounds are suppose to be the same or is it just me?  I used the two about a year apart so I shouldn't be "conditioned" one way or the other.  Any ideas?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Maybe because you had done the 1AD first so you got better results.

Just a guess though.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Very intersting Jeff...it should have been the opposite of what you described. I'm stumped as well...

N

Nicolai

Awards
i kinda understand what jeff is saying... i have done both aswell and eventhough i gained well on both ... the strength seemed to jump alot more on the 1ad eventhough it was a much shorter cycle. i also had alot more sides with the 1ad... but that could also be attributed to the fact that i did t1pro for my second cycle, of which the 4ad probably corrected the limp dick/lethargy factor.

jeff, was your 2nd cycle just 1-test?? or was it stacked with 4ad or something of the sort??

J

Jeff Rippe

Awards
At first I used straight 1-Test (SAN T-100) for 4 weeks.  As far as I could tell, it did NOTHING.

Then a month or two later I tried GAT Testagen Depot.  Again, nothing (they recommended 100mg 2x per day which I followed).  Worthless.

Lastley I tried Chemi-Sport T-100.  It didn't seem to do anything UNTIL I started taking it with a flax capsule.  It was quite a noticeable difference.  My strength started going up almost immediately but was still no match for 1-AD.  HOWEVER, near the end of the 4 weeks I had a physical and my liver and kidney panels showed significant stress so Doc advised I stop the T-100.  A month later everything was normal so the problems were caused by the 1-Test.  ORAL IS BAD!

Recently I tried a mild 1-Test/4-AD transdermal homebrew (see my other posts).  It worked very nicely.  Good, lean gains and almost no (outward) side effects.  I don't know what it did to liver/kidney or blood pressure.  I suspect far less stress than an oral.

So, I concluded that 1-AD and 1-Test are completely different animals.  1-AD works very well but is very hard on the system and has significant side effects.  1-Test, taken orally, is worthless unless taken with oil (like the ads for Ethergels say).  1-Test transdermal is the best overall.

W

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
I had no sides on 1AD with good results. I had equally good gains on 1T dermal and more sides....

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Supa Freek 420
Side from the conversion possibly?
YES, that's the only thing I've ever came up with (even after reading PA's resposes). I've done both 1-ad and 1-test cycles (alone, no other PH's) and had almost identical results as Jeff. I had (from what I thought I observed) MUCH greater sides from 1-ad then straight 1-test. Much more shedding BTW. The major difference (some may argue trans vs. oral, but that doesn't usually pan out) is the fact that 1-ad has to be converted.

I like 1-ad as an oral, but otherwise I see no reason to not go with straight 1-test.

J

Jeff Rippe

Awards
Originally posted by jweave23

...I've done both 1-ad and 1-test cycles (alone, no other PH's) and had almost identical results as Jeff. I had (from what I thought I observed) MUCH greater sides from 1-ad then straight 1-test. Much more shedding BTW. The major difference (some may argue trans vs. oral, but that doesn't usually pan out) is the fact that 1-ad has to be converted...

Thanks for the feedback, jweave23.  At least I know I'm not imagining things!

Is it possible that PHs work more like a supplement (i.e., your body uses it if it needs it) while something like 1-Test only works if you overload natural levels (otherwise the body downregulates to compensate with no net gain)?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
So people are saying 1-Test transdermal is not as effective as 1 -AD oral?

HELP I was just about to place an order to make up a batch of transdermal.

Thanks

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
No homez. get your transdermal. Going with BDC?

D

D D D

Awards

Recently I tried a mild 1-Test/4-AD transdermal homebrew (see my other posts).  It worked very nicely.  Good, lean gains and almost no (outward) side effects.  I don't know what it did to liver/kidney or blood pressure.  I suspect far less stress than an oral.

Don't count on it. My liver and kidney profiles were fucked up while on a 1-Test/4-AD transdermal cycle. I had them checked, along with a bunch of other tests, at work (I'm in hazardous waste management so this is done yearly). All other blood tests appeared normal. I didn't have any follow up tests done since I was quite sure the problems were not work related and I thought it was one of those stones best left unturned.

D

D D D

Awards
I asked this question on the BB.com website and even P. Arnold himself had no answer. 

I've talked with PA about this long ago. He compared the effects of oral 1AD to oral D-Bol being more effective than injected D-Bol. The oral D-Bol is said to convert to other more potent steroids upon absorption through the intestine, first pass through the liver, etc...(and not necessarily just 1-Testosterone for 1AD). Nothings to say that 1AD itself isn't anabolic without conversion either. PA probably wouldn't admit to this publicly though since he markets it as a "prohormone" and not an active anabolic on its own. (obvious legal implications if he did).

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
No homez. get your transdermal. Going with BDC?
Thank you MPursuit for the short concise answer. :)

I actually am going to do a home brew from the recipie posted on this baord.

Back in the day I did some experiments with 'super supplements' just not any more.

J

Jeff Rippe

Awards
Re: Re: If 1-AD converts to 1-Test, why does it seem so different?

Originally posted by DDD

I've talked with PA about this long ago. He compared the effects of oral 1AD to oral D-Bol being more effective than injected D-Bol. The oral D-Bol is said to convert to other more potent steroids upon absorption through the intestine, first pass through the liver, etc...(and not necessarily just 1-Testosterone for 1AD). Nothings to say that 1AD itself isn't anabolic without conversion either. PA probably wouldn't admit to this publicly though since he markets it as a "prohormone" and not an active anabolic on its own. (obvious legal implications if he did).
I find it disturbing that the guy who invented and sells this stuff knows little about what it really does or perhaps is not disclosing to users.  What else does it do to the body besides build muscles?

This practice certainly does not help support our case with the FDA.

R

RVEXLER

Awards
While 1-AD is converted by the body to 1-test, it is not 1-test. And, it is entirely possible that 1-AD itself could have some intrinisic biological activity on its own. If true, then that would explain why someone gets different results with 1-AD (and different side effects) than with 1-test.

D

D D D

Awards
Re: Re: Re: If 1-AD converts to 1-Test, why does it seem so different?

I find it disturbing that the guy who invented and sells this stuff knows little about what it really does or perhaps is not disclosing to users.  What else does it do to the body besides build muscles?

This practice certainly does not help support our case with the FDA.
Don't get too bent out of shape over it. Nobody really knows exactly what happens to oral D-Bol either, just that it works better than injectable D-Bol. We all know the risks of taking steroids. 1AD is no different than anything else. Each individual can reserve the right to "just say no". I choose to "just say yes", but am aware of the risks. Do a personal risk assessment, then decide what's right for you.

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I read a few threads about orals lowering SHBG levels (due to the first pass effect in the liver - this is why oral d-bol works better). How this affects 1-AD is more complicated since 1-AD is not deactivated by the liver?
Anyway less SHBG means more androgens can get to work on your muscles. Searching bb.com was pretty helpful, some posts suggesting taking 1-test transfermally BUT 4-ad orally might be better for more gains (and side effects).
Anyway, its interesting that SHBG makes such a big difference.