Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
just gonna start a thread for my ice cream attempts otherwise I'm gonna forget what I've tried.

I'm on my second attempt, this one doesn't include any protein powder but the next ones will.

my maker size: 1.5qt
maker type: compressor
how I mix things:
pour ingredients directly into the ice cream maker container and mix with an electronic hand frother. everyone seems to heat their ice cream mixture but it doesn't seem to be necessary. my maker also does not require pre-chilling ingredients.

attempt 2: egg vanilla
3 whole eggs (I used large)
1 cup half n half
1/2 cup whole milk (I would change this to heavy cream probably)
1tsp vanilla
5 drops liquid stevia
1tbs sugar

review: it's not very creamy due to not using heavy cream, but it's pretty good. not very sweet but I like it. ate the whole thing when it was done. I might increase the stevia. I could not taste any stevia after taste

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
i should try this.. i love ice cream! you could make blizzards with those adkins candies.
if you do you should post your recipies. searching the internet for ice cream recipies is terrible. most of them dont even use eggs. and also it seems like most of them overfill their 1.5qt recipies. you can only fill the thing about 60% (that's the number the manual says at least)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
just gonna start a thread for my ice cream attempts otherwise I'm gonna forget what I've tried.

I'm on my second attempt, this one doesn't include any protein powder but the next ones will.

my maker size: 1.5qt
maker type: compressor
how I mix things:
pour ingredients directly into the ice cream maker container and mix with an electronic hand frother. everyone seems to heat their ice cream mixture but it doesn't seem to be necessary. my maker also does not require pre-chilling ingredients.

attempt 2: egg vanilla
3 whole eggs (I used large)
1 cup half n half
1/2 cup whole milk (I would change this to heavy cream probably)
1tsp vanilla
5 drops liquid stevia
1tbs sugar

review: it's not very creamy due to not using heavy cream, but it's pretty good. not very sweet but I like it. ate the whole thing when it was done. I might increase the stevia. I could not taste any stevia after taste
Il see if I can get my cousin to give me some recipes from his creamery

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I played around with banana ice cream last winter and this was the recipe I liked the most for flavor and consistency.

2 bunches baby bananas unfrozen
2 bags lilys white chocolate chips
16oz raw unsalted macadamia nuts
4 scoops whey
Splash or so of vanilla extract (optional)

Pour the chips and mac nuts in first, blend until you create a butter. You want 100% mixed consistency
Add the whey and blend that in completely
Add the baby bananas and blend them in completely
Add the vanilla extract (optional)
Blend until 100%. Pour into glass containers and freeze overnight.

Wait 5min once out of the freezer to eat. Softer it is, the tastier it is.

I like the 8oz containers. Nice portion size.

Made the mistake of freezing it all at once...what a pita to eat LOL.

I just use my ninja blender to do this, no special machine.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I played around with banana ice cream last winter and this was the recipe I liked the most for flavor and consistency.

2 bunches baby bananas unfrozen
2 bags lilys white chocolate chips
16oz raw unsalted macadamia nuts
4 scoops whey
Splash or so of vanilla extract (optional)

Pour the chips and mac nuts in first, blend until you create a butter. You want 100% mixed consistency
Add the whey and blend that in completely
Add the baby bananas and blend them in completely
Add the vanilla extract (optional)
Blend until 100%. Pour into glass containers and freeze overnight.

Wait 5min once out of the freezer to eat. Softer it is, the tastier it is.

I like the 8oz containers. Nice portion size.

Made the mistake of freezing it all at once...what a pita to eat LOL.

I just use my ninja blender to do this, no special machine.
the banana might add an interesting taste or texture if you want banana flavor, but I don't think it's a good choice for a healthy ice cream. I'd rather have fat, lactose, and stevia

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
attempt 3: ON double rich chocolate

you may want to mix the protein without the eggs first. otherwise you might have to let it sit for 15 mins to dissolve. anyone remember when protein tubs used to have that on the instructions?

1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup half n half
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
2 scoops ON whey (their sucralose line)

obviously you can probably substitute the protein powder for a different one. it's just important that it's a good tasting one and that it mixes well. next batch will be unflavored isolate. and then I'll probably try ON cookies and cream because I have that on hand too. maybe those little cookie crumbs will finally get eaten.

review:
its kinda like a Wendy's frosty. but again it's not very sweet so maybe add a a little extra sugar or stevia

I didn't finish it and tried putting it in the freezer. it froze almost into basically ice so I think the fat content is too low or the egg whites are contributing to this.

I tried to stab it with a metal spoon and it seemed pointless. so I went to put it down the sink, but when I got the clump of ice cream out of the container I had the urge to take a bite. it was really good! I ended up eating most of it. just a chunk of ice cream in my hands over the sink nom nom nom

Last edited:

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
the banana might add an interesting taste or texture if you want banana flavor, but I don't think it's a good choice for a healthy ice cream. I'd rather have fat, lactose, and stevia
That's why I use babys. They have less banana flavor, are sweeter and more creamy.

Is the sugar content why you don't think it's not healthy?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's why I use babys. They have less banana flavor, are sweeter and more creamy.

Is the sugar content why you don't think it's not healthy?
the sugar is part of it, but ultimately it's just filler nutrient wise. I would prefer to get milk protein and milk fat, but I could see why some people on a low fat diet would go the banana route.

I'll try some low fat recipies eventually, but I think all reduced fat milk has sugar added

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
4: isolate vanilla chocolate chip

1 cup half n half
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 scoops unflavored isolate (I used bulk supps)
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
2tbsp sugar
6 drops stevia
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

you just have to add the chocolate chips near the end. my ice cream machine says turning the compressor off then on rapidly can damage it. says to wait 3-5 mins, so I did that too

review: it's really good, but vanilla chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream. I did double the sugar, but it's still a lot less than most ice cream recipies. I'll probably go to 1 1/4 tbsp sugar and 7 stevia next

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ice cream get old?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sometimes if it gets past it's expiration date...

Lol, what's the question?
Sorry… lol. I came in for recipes and saw they stopped, so I joked that it got old (with as few words as possible).

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I still make it sometimes. I kinda settled on a cinnamon recipe but I think I need to get a better ice cream maker.

currently I'm more obsessed with pancakes. I make them with whey, collagen, eggs, sour cream, cinnamon, vanilla, flour, baking powder, milk (no water), butter or avocado oil

DarleneHawkins

DarleneHawkins

Awards
Hey, I am a newbie, thanks for recipes! Take a simple one - just freeze a banana, it is really tasty.