I hate how each party chooses "beliefs"

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Did you read about the beating of a disabled, lesbian woman at a recent "Tea party" gathering? She was assaulted, then stomped by religious right party members for demonstrating against them.
I will admit I have no idea what you are talking about. Links to the story please.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
True republicans are not against marijuana legalization. I havn't spoken to one that is against it that doesnt come off as a wingnut. The reason is the amount of money politicians receive from the alcohol industry, tobacco industry, big pharma, etc.. and the republicans paranoia with pissing off the church.
HAHAHA-THE REPUBLICANS ARE PRO-BUSINESS. they are afraid legal pot will lower productivity in the work place.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HAHAHA-THE REPUBLICANS ARE PRO-BUSINESS. they are afraid legal pot will lower productivity in the work place.
Then they should be anti-medication as well. I can name quite a few medications that are Rx'd quite frequently that would significantly effect work performance.

I would bring up that they should be against alcohol as well, but most anti-legalization types quickly counter with how easy it is to detect alcohol as compared to pot. Quite frankly, this is a boring counter argument. If someone is high enough that they effect performance, you can usually tell they are high, along with smell, and pupil dillation/red-eyes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Then they should be anti-medication as well. I can name quite a few medications that are Rx'd quite frequently that would significantly effect work performance.

I would bring up that they should be against alcohol as well, but most anti-legalization types quickly counter with how easy it is to detect alcohol as compared to pot. Quite frankly, this is a boring counter argument. If someone is high enough that they effect performance, you can usually tell they are high, along with smell, and pupil dillation/red-eyes.
but- if they are high there is no test to tell how long it's been since they lit up.

c'mon, hts you really think big money republicans want another drug added to the list. look at how hard they test for drug/alcohol use. they think the american worker is not worth their pay already, legalizing pot would just give them another reason to ship our jobs away.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established

And blisters on the underside of the tongue, according the cop that gave me my DUI. That's what made here arrest me (and a broken taillight). I'll NEVER DUI again, I'll tell you that much (I was 19 then, and I'll be 25 next month, and life STILL isn't back to normal yet)!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but- if they are high there is no test to tell how long it's been since they lit up.

c'mon, hts you really think big money republicans want another drug added to the list. look at how hard they test for drug/alcohol use. they think the american worker is not worth their pay already, legalizing pot would just give them another reason to ship our jobs away.
I understand the concern they have, i disagree with the legitimacy of it. I also don't allow corporations to decide my rights based on their interests, unfortunately that is our country, One Nation, Under Corporations. Honestly, with the demand that would arrise, a method of instantly testing peak concentrations of THC in blood would quickly be developed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I understand the concern they have, i disagree with the legitimacy of it. I also don't allow corporations to decide my rights based on their interests, unfortunately that is our country, One Nation, Under Corporations. Honestly, with the demand that would arrise, a method of instantly testing peak concentrations of THC in blood would quickly be developed.
for business's the name of the game is control-the more they lose control the more tempted they are to export jobs to places where they set the rules.

those who control the jobs, make the rules.

hey, i don't like it either. it really sucks. i remember when everyone used to bitch about their job-now all i hear is [be glad you have a job]. company's are getting away with murder, because the government is afraid if they don't give business their way they will pack up and leave.

to me there are much bigger things at play here than f'ing pot. the multi national i work for has just started a policy of hiring temps, they don't have to give them benefits-plus there are no limitations or restrictions on how long they can keep them temp. my union is having a cow over this.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
for business's the name of the game is control-the more they lose control the more tempted they are to export jobs to places where they set the rules.

those who control the jobs, make the rules.

hey, i don't like it either. it really sucks. i remember when everyone used to bitch about their job-now all i hear is [be glad you have a job]. company's are getting away with murder, because the government is afraid if they don't give business their way they will pack up and leave.

to me there are much bigger things at play here than f'ing pot. the multi national i work for has just started a policy of hiring temps, they don't have to give them benefits-plus there are no limitations or restrictions on how long they can keep them temp. my union is having a cow over this.
Well see, I don't want to swing this back to politics since we have been talking generally, but that is one of the things that bothers me about the republican party. It is a party for the blue collar folk, the true Americans, the plumber joes. Yet, it is a party that continually strives for less and less regulation, allowing these corporations to run wild. Yet a significant number of blue collar Americans still vote red every four years. Look I don't think Democrats are perfect, I hate them too, just not as much as the republicans (and I am speaking about politicians, I don't hate any of you for your views). I do agree it is more than weed, hell it is more than the work force, it is the common denominator that corporations throw money at politicians, and in turn the politicians fight for corporate rights, even at the expense of the people.

Welcome to the united snakes
Land of the thief, home of the slave
Grand imperial guard where
the dollar is sacred and proud

-Brother Ali (Hip Hop Artist)​

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well see, I don't want to swing this back to politics since we have been talking generally, but that is one of the things that bothers me about the republican party. It is a party for the blue collar folk, the true Americans, the plumber joes. Yet, it is a party that continually strives for less and less regulation, allowing these corporations to run wild. Yet a significant number of blue collar Americans still vote red every four years. Look I don't think Democrats are perfect, I hate them too, just not as much as the republicans (and I am speaking about politicians, I don't hate any of you for your views). I do agree it is more than weed, hell it is more than the work force, it is the common denominator that corporations throw money at politicians, and in turn the politicians fight for corporate rights, even at the expense of the people.

Welcome to the united snakes
Land of the thief, home of the slave
Grand imperial guard where
the dollar is sacred and proud

-Brother Ali (Hip Hop Artist)​
damn, i really think we are on the same page. i used to be a die hard republican for their stance on social issues. but now it appears they are really out to get the working man. it has become obvious [to me anyways] that the republican party is out to screw the little guy in favor of the rich. how the hell a working man can vote republican is a real mystery to me.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn, i really think we are on the same page. i used to be a die hard republican for their stance on social issues. but now it appears they are really out to get the working man. it has become obvious [to me anyways] that the republican party is out to screw the little guy in favor of the rich. how the hell a working man can vote republican is a real mystery to me.
We definitely are on the same page. There are many things that a "true" republican stands for that I can side with, but to think the party is what it projects itself as, makes you want to turn a page on the book...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We definitely are on the same page. There are many things that a "true" republican stands for that I can side with, but to think the party is what it projects itself as, makes you want to turn a page on the book...
makes me want to close the book altogether.