Hulk's contest prep - venom tri-lean + thyrogen X

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
lets get this party started! tomorrow i embark in the first day of my long awaited venom stack with Tx. im really excited for this one and i plan on being very judgmental of this stack. i will pay attention to fat loss, muscle preservation, and neurological effects of these supps. this almost has me excited to cut:pizza:

anyways, im not gonna get into diet too much. im never too picky about macros as long as everything is kept clean and in a minor deficit.
protein: egg whites, chicken/turkey breast, shrimp, lean beef, protein powder, and nonfat/lowfat dairy
carb sources: lots of sweet taters!!! buckwheat, ezeikal bread, brocolli, green beans, spinach, legumes (mostly green peas or pinto beans)
fat sources: alvocado, egg yolks, almonds, flax, beef, dairy

supps: this is why i dont like doing sponsored logs. i will be taking several other supps besides the venom stack but this will likely be the only new addition for a while. ill give more details later.

dosing: hyperdrive - starting at 1 cap with breakfast, 5 days on and 2 off (ill start 2 caps as i feel necessary)
special tactics - 2 caps with breakfast, 2 8-10 hours later with food.
thyrogen X - 1 cap every 12 hours (may eventually go to 3)
lean dreams - umm, when do i take this?:think: haha, jk. 1 cap 1 hour before bedtime.

thats all for now folks. stay tuned and feel free to add comments, suggestions, questions, whatever... posts in my threads make me feel special:eek: time to FIRE IT UP!!!:head:

Last edited:

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm in.............

GOOD LUCK! When is the contest?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
glad you dropped in mace! contest is scheduled for june 2nd in my hometown but i may look for later dates in surrounding areas instead. as of now, the plan is june 2nd.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Good luck to you at the June contest!

What are your starting measurements?

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Good luck to you at the June contest!

What are your starting measurements?
thanks swordburn. i dont really like taking measurements or judging progress by a scale. its a mental struggle for me. i will notice improvements through my posing and look for increased muscle hardness, vascularity, striations, and definition.

to give some rough estimates, my weight is hovering around 190 lbs standing at 5'9". since my roommate is an exercise science major, he used me as his subject to test my bodyfat through hydrostatic weighing. according to the test 3 weeks ago, i measured 9.7% but the results are likely flawed (i dont know how anyone can let out all of the air in your lungs). standard estimations were also used in his calculations.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
Looking foward to hearing your progress on this stack.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
(i dont know how anyone can let out all of the air in your lungs). .
Simple. Just fill em with water.

"Time of death: 8:30 Am at 9.5% bodyfat". :D

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Simple. Just fill em with water.

"Time of death: 8:30 Am at 9.5% bodyfat". :D
haha, you make it sound so simple. ill try it for next time. if i dont report back after my next test, youll know why;)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What contest are you competing in?

There was a competition I was planning on doing that very same date.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed. Good luck Hulk, I'm sure you'll like this stack. I just finished up my contest prep and I used the Tri-lean with Thyrogen with great results.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
What contest are you competing in?

There was a competition I was planning on doing that very same date.
the june 2nd show is OCB southwest classic in Albuquerque. where is your comp?

Subscribed. Good luck Hulk, I'm sure you'll like this stack. I just finished up my contest prep and I used the Tri-lean with Thyrogen with great results.
thanks rpen22, looks like you shredded up real nice too. do you have any advice for me from your personal experience? ive heard its real tough low carbing on this stack...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the june 2nd show is OCB southwest classic in Albuquerque. where is your comp?
Mine's the Julie Palmer's NPC Showdown in Toledo.

Best of luck to you, and at the same time.....dammit, I was kinda looking forward to going up against ya.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
sinner, we maybe able to showdown next year, buddy!

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
but i'll be 30, are they strictly by weight class or age too?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
but i'll be 30, are they strictly by weight class or age too?
We would both fit into the same age bracket (men's). I think the guy I lost to last year was about 30 years old.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
luckily, i got one more good year to compete in junior mens division. its 23 and under for OCB. the open and novice divisions are sorted by height.

hey sinner, do you do NPC natural or untested? ive been considering trying NPC natural and would like some feedback if possible. holla back!

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks rpen22, looks like you shredded up real nice too. do you have any advice for me from your personal experience? ive heard its real tough low carbing on this stack...
I dosed it something like this:

Hyperdrive: 2 caps w/ breakfast or 1 cap w/ breakfast and 1 cap w/ preworkout meal
Special Tactics: 2 caps x 3/day
Lean Dreams: 2 caps before bed
Thyrogen-X: 1 cap w/ breakfast and 1 cap w/ preworkout meal

I actually went for much longer than the recommended 6 weeks (which I don't recommend) on Thyrogen-X with no problems, but I wasn't full dosing it and I have absolutely no proof that it didn't cause any problems. I also didn't cycle the HD3 at all, which unfortunately led to almost complete tolerance of the stim effect.

I've read where people said it's hard low carbing it on this stack, but I actually went 9 days with only carbs coming from brocolli, and I had no problems. I just kept my water intake high(about 3 gallons, which is where I keep it most of the time) and I never experienced any cramps even with ST 3 times a day. I did, however, cramp up when I used Melting point a while back, so I wouldn't worry about the TTA in ST.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ive been considering trying NPC natural and would like some feedback if possible. holla back!
I just competed in my first show on the 10th, which was the NPC Natural Western. If the production company that puts on the NPC Natural show you are thinking about does it anything like mine did, the whole "tested" aspect is pretty much a joke. I knew that going in, however, so I didn't care.

At weigh-ins, the way he picked who got polygraphed was by coming out to the line of people and saying "I need two people to test...how about you and you" and just pointed at a random guy and girl. He even asked if anyone wanted to be picked to be a testee(not teste). It was funny though, because this kid from my gym who actually is on steroids got past the testing, and then took last place(behind me :D) in the teens. All in all, if you're looking for strict testing policies, the NPC is probably not a good choice.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
luckily, i got one more good year to compete in junior mens division. its 23 and under for OCB. the open and novice divisions are sorted by height.

hey sinner, do you do NPC natural or untested? ive been considering trying NPC natural and would like some feedback if possible. holla back!
My very first show was an NPC natural. It was a really well done IMO, and had some great competition in it. Top 5 competitors in every class/division got a piss test.

Julie is untested (Gosh that sounds dirty). After taking things like superdrol and Havoc, I can't honestly sign off that I've not done steroids or clen in the past year(something you have to sign off on for an NPC natural competition). I have a feeling I could probably pass the drug test, but I don't think such a thing would be fair to other competitors in a natural competition. Not so say others wouldn't try.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I guess that just goes to show that it's different with every production company because they didn't do any piss tests for my show, and I got two top 5 spots and didn't ever get tested at all.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess that just goes to show that it's different with every production company because they didn't do any piss tests for my show, and I got two top 5 spots and didn't ever get tested at all.
I think the size of the show is a big factor. The first show I did was a HUUUGGGEE production, for an amateur show.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think the size of the show is a big factor. The first show I did was a HUUUGGGEE production, for an amateur show.
I agree, but this show was not too small. It's the biggest NPC Natural show in AZ and there were 126 competitors this year.

Sorry about muddying up the thread Hulk! Back to the Tri-lean!

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
first impressions

i started the lean dreams and Tx 2 nights ago and am on day 2 with everything else. here are my initial thoughts but its obviously too early to indefinately draw conclusions.

lean dreams: 1 cap has me sleeping like a rock. this supplement works pretty instantaneously. i was worried that i didnt know the half life of these compounds so i thought i might wake up still gauging the effects and feeling groggy/drowsy. on the contrary, ive woken up feeling much more refreshed!

venom: i love the type of stimulation this gives. because i havent felt tired/sleepy during the day yet (maybe it blocks GABA receptors?). and this is coming from someone who takes naps religiously... i dont feel jittery or even hyped up. however, i am very attentive and motivated to seize the day.

special tactics: who knows? not really much of a "feel" supplement unless you associate cramping with the TTA. ill speculate its fat loss effects much later.

thyrogen X: not sure whether or not to attribute this to Tx, but when i did wake up my face was very flush and my cheeks felt hot. i looked in the mirror and my face was red and sweating. im guessing this is a result from increased thyroid activity.

overall, so far so good! strangely, i feel much more "balanced" leading me to believe i may have some type of nuerotransmitter deficiency. even though venom hyperdrive is long acting, sleeplessness hasnt been an issue. im starting to think this whole stack makes more sense than i previously thought.

edit: and sinner... lucky for you, we wont compete against each other this year. i would hate to have to destroy you. maybe we'll cross paths in the future. i got family in ohio so i have contemplated competing out there

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
more good news to report. this whole stack definately has me being more productive at work. im a budget analyst and if youre familiar with accounting, you know how boring it can be. it also causes great mind fatigue for me as i can only do so much work before directing my attention to something else or walking around the office. the admin officer has been at a training seminar all this week and gave me a list of things to complete while she was gone. sure enough, i finished the entire list in a day and a half when i was given 5 days! i gotta attribute my focus to venom because im never as motivated to finish accounting work ahead of schedule.

also, i stayed up late last night to prepare for a strategic managment presentation and only got in 4 hours of sleep. well, im still going strong and not the least bit tired. sunday and monday will be my days off from hyperdrive. i sure hope this avoids dependency and tolerance. if not, this could get interesting (and by interesting, i mean ugly). that being said, i can totally see how there were some reports of depression post venom. but for now, my receptors are sensitive and im riding the happy train:dance:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
alright fellas, its day 6. i accidentally went 4 on, 2 off this week thinking saturday was sunday (i took friday off from work). i tried 2 caps on friday though and i have to honestly say i like dosing 1 cap. i didnt see any additional benefit from the increased dose and actually felt less effects :confused: weird, huh?

the lean dreams has been a godsend for sleep. even with my days off hyperdrive, i have great amounts of energy that ill attribute to great, restful sleep.

fat loss: not overly impressed yet. i would say its pretty average to what id experience with other fat burners. kind of a bummer since the complete stack its 3-4x the cost of a complete fat burner formula. i usually shred really quick when i start dieting because i change so many variables at once with improved diet, increased cardio, and supplements (i know, its stupid). still far too early to make assumptions but if i had to rate it right now, i cannot justify the price of the system.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
quick update

monday and today i only dosed 1 cap of hyperdrive and i stick by my decision of enjoying the mood/focus effects more than my first trial of 2 caps. ill try 2 caps again soon.

besides that, strength has remained stable although my muscles look a little flat. so far, i think my fat loss would be at a similar rate without this stack but its impossible to be certain. diet has remained clean and appetite has decreased.

my biggest improvement has been with my abs. when i started, i had a 6 abs visible but now the cuts are slightly deeper and the serratus appears more noticeable. all in all, im where i wanna be at this point, but i expected a greater, more rapid boost from tri-lean claims of accelerated fat loss. maybe the extra cap of hyperdrive will do the trick:think:

note: lean dreams increased to 2 caps before bed starting last sunday.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
in case anybody is still following along...

damn, this thread got real lonely:sad: . anyways, i thought id update this.

ive been experimenting with the hyperdrive dosage lately to assess the effectiveness of 1 cap vs 2 caps. ive been dosing 1 cap, waiting 3-4 hours, then popping the next one. i can confidently conclude that 2 caps does not have any additional benefit for me in regards to focus and energy. however, the fat loss effects from the dosing may vary.

fat loss is coming at a more desirable pace lately. i did change my cardio schedule and training protocol. i now do 3 days on, 1 off for training instead of training everyday. actually, i think this has increased my metabolism somehow:think: . i am known to be an overtrainer. does anybody know if overtraining can negatively impact metabolism? i always thought that training for as long as i do has the benefit of added calorie expenditure but there may be a point that reverses this...

no bad side effects so far. i sweat much easier than normal and sometimes wake up with a little moisture on my skin from sweating. sleep has improved and ive successfully managed to control my sleep/wake regulation where i dont need naps and sleep at the same times consistently (thank you lean dreams). this could possibly explain the metabolism body comp effects as well. strength still seems on par with the weights i was pushing before dieting. so, all is good!!!:dance:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work Hulk!

Here's a quote from an article on BB regarding overtraining and metabolism:

"Overtraining plays havoc on the body's hormonal systems. Part of the problem is the elevation of cortisol, a catabolic hormone. This results in a number of things happening. To start with, it reduces secretion of growth hormones, decreases protein synthesis, and impairs the thyroid glands.

This means overtraining leaves you with a lower metabolism, more retention of salt and water, and a greater amount of muscle protein breakdown. All of this negatively impacts the physique and body composition."

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Keep up the good work Hulk!

Here's a quote from an article on BB regarding overtraining and metabolism:

"Overtraining plays havoc on the body's hormonal systems. Part of the problem is the elevation of cortisol, a catabolic hormone. This results in a number of things happening. To start with, it reduces secretion of growth hormones, decreases protein synthesis, and impairs the thyroid glands.

This means overtraining leaves you with a lower metabolism, more retention of salt and water, and a greater amount of muscle protein breakdown. All of this negatively impacts the physique and body composition."
thanks for the info rpen22! from my experience, i suspected that this was possible.

as far as the stack is going, still nothing bad to report. energy has improved (even on days without hyperdrive), motivation and focus have increased, mood is great, and strength has remained constant. my recent fat loss is becoming more noticeable as well. starting to get vascularity back in my abs and chest:woohoo:

i guess there is one thing that may be a drawback right now. libido has suffered slightly but that happens to me eventually after dieting long enough. on the other hand, increasing serotonin (which is a mechanism of lean dreams) is correlated with decreased sex drive. its impact hasnt been a problem yet so im not gonna worry about it now

jrob24

Awards
:dance: keep this log up hulk, i'm following it!....i just started the same exact thing on tuesday....so far so good for me!

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
yeah man, i am also looking at adding this as part of my after easter kickoff

i am debating whether i want diesel test+nosprecursor+fatburner

or anabolic pump+something+fatburner

my other fatburner aids choices would be stim-x or retain