Huel nutrition

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Hi all ! Recently bought this product to slim down , I absolutely love it ! Was wondering if anyone else has tried it and there views on it to ?

I had huge problem due to me taking medication before bed witch mate me wake up through the night eating loads of un healthy bits and bobs couldn’t resist the crave for food , since I’ve been with Huel I haven’t ate once in the night .. so if any one suffers from midnight munching I suggest to try this out !

May not suit all but for me it’s working wonders , just thought ild put it out there for who ever is interested as I see nothing listen on here about it !

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are better and cheaper products out there imo. Plant based protein is not my first choice either

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Your suggestions I’m from U.K. as well maybe be not eligible here other sources , have u looked in there website ?

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Not a full meal replacement like this is is it , I have that on top to up my protein in take

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
I Have Huel for breakfast and dinner and a normal evening meal with shakes and snacks in between

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you checked UK bulk suppliers? There are some good alternatives imo

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are a bunch of them Myprotein, Bulkpowders, TheProteinWorks, GoNutrition, etc.

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah I use them for my
Whey and fish oil n multi vits

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are a bunch of them Myprotein, Bulkpowders, TheProteinWorks, GoNutrition, etc.
The protein works do good meal replacement powders.....

But

Imo these aren’t a sustainable way of living. You should be able to slim down eating real food bro. Problem with all these things is thstbas soon as you stop weight comes back on as the underlying issue with nutrition hasn’t been addressed.....

Do see huel advertised flaming everywhere these days though

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can see a meal replacement type shake being a decent option before bed if it’ll keep you from midnight snacks (although if you have a blender you can probably save some money with whey protein, milk, and peanut butter), or just to get in more calories, or to replace one meal when you’re in a hurry, but having it replace TWO meals DAILY isn’t the best idea IMO.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The protein works do good meal replacement powders.....

But

Imo these aren’t a sustainable way of living. You should be able to slim down eating real food bro. Problem with all these things is thstbas soon as you stop weight comes back on as the underlying issue with nutrition hasn’t been addressed.....

Do see huel advertised flaming everywhere these days though
I am not sure why are you quoting me, but I am not having MRP personally. Just saying that Huels vegetarian MRP is not cheap for what it is. Only time I use protein powder is around training.

Ryan303

Ryan303

Awards
  • Established
I can see a meal replacement type shake being a decent option before bed if it’ll keep you from midnight snacks (although if you have a blender you can probably save some money with whey protein, milk, and peanut butter), or just to get in more calories, or to replace one meal when you’re in a hurry, but having it replace TWO meals DAILY isn’t the best idea IMO.
Yeah tried all the whey and peanut butter stuff never worked mate , I think even with bumping the calories I was still missing nutrition from my diets if I’m honest , these shakes are the only thing that’s solved me munching in the night for years ,

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am not sure why are you quoting me, but I am not having MRP personally. Just saying that Huels vegetarian MRP is not cheap for what it is. Only time I use protein powder is around training.
Yeah sorry bro, quoted wrong post.....

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with the others okay as a before bed type of meal ,unless you are training to be an astronaut :)

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Huel, Soylent, etc. are just a repackaging of an old idea (MRP powders) and aimed at a different demographic (nerds that don't want to leave their computers mainly, as an alternative to ramen noodles). As hyped up as they are, it's basically the same thing as the Slim Fast shakes your overweight aunt drank in the 90's. As said above, better and cheaper alternatives out there.