How to use Target A2 to maximize fat loss

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have made quite a few post reviewing several aspects of fat metabolism and various ways to manipulate it. This post is going to recap everything and put together a game plan for you to maximize fat loss.

First we have the adrenoreceptors. The goal here is to increase beta receptor activation and decrease alpha receptor activation. This can be accomplished several ways. Beta-receptor activation can be achieved via supplementation with compounds like ephedrine or even to some extent, caffeine. Exercise can also accomplish this. Alpha receptor antagonism can also be achieved via supplementation. As outlined in a previous post, Target-A2 can help in this regard.

Next is blood flow. As discussed previously, fasted exercise can help increase the blood flow to peripheral tissues to retrieve the FFAs and deliver them to the muscle tissues to get oxidized. In addition to fasted exercise, Target-A2 may also contribute towards improving blood flow due to the adrenoreceptors present in the circulatory system.

Lastly, there is exercise as a mean to improve fatty acid oxidation. Now as discussed in a separate post, different exercise intensities has an effect on lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation. So we use high intensity exercise to free the stored fatty acids and low-moderate intensity exercise to oxidize the fatty acids.

So putting it all together here is your game plan
  • First thing in the morning you wake and take Target-A2. This will help increase lipolysis and blood flow.
  • Perform some warm up movements
  • Do some form of high intensity interval training such as, ten 6-second maximal effort sprints with a 30-second recovery between each sprint or 10-20 minutes of HIIT for 8s on and 12s off or 12s and 24s off.
  • Rest for 5 minutes
  • End with some moderate intensity (50-65%VO2max) running for 30-40 minutes
  • Cool down for 5 minutes

So there you have it. A game plan for you to to maximize fat loss. Remember, this plan must be combined with a caloric deficit and preferably also a resistance training plan. Now I know lots of guys here like to use Alphamine so before it is asked, yes you can use Alphamine with this plan. However, I would add it in later in the day prior to an afternoon workout session. The addition of Aphamine may help preserve lean body mass and also improve fatty acid oxidation and lipolysis throughout the rest of the day via increased RMR, as seen in this thread - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/250536-metabolic-rate-tested.html

For those who missed the previous threads and are interested in learning exactly how and why this plan may work check out the following threads
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/260687-norepinephrine-mediated-lipolysis.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/260799-adrenergic-regulation-lipolysis.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/260916-targeting-a2-receptors.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/265191-fate-ffas.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/265259-fatty-acid-oxidation.html

Now for the rest of your day, using intermittent fasting as your dietary strategy may be beneficial. For more on that check this thread out - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/261330-intermittent-fasting-resistance.html

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A lot of great information here. Thank you, Josh!

ascromenin

Awards
Is there a specific window to exercise after the dose?

I am currently doing IF (eating after 6pm) and usually take some target A-2 right when I wake up (6-7am). Will any exercise during that fasted period be benefitted from the rauwolscine or does only the exercise 20-60 minutes after the dosage benefit?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there a specific window to exercise after the dose? I am currently doing IF (eating after 6pm) and usually take some target A-2 right when I wake up (6-7am). Will any exercise during that fasted period be benefitted from the rauwolscine or does only the exercise 20-60 minutes after the dosage benefit?
Any form of physical activity will suffice. I would try to perform the exercise close to the dosing time though.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Would sex count?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
can forskolin be stacked with A2?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how would you stack them?
Depending on tolerance, 25-50mg (50-100mg total) doses of Forskolin with your Target-A2 doses.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Depending on tolerance, 25-50mg (50-100mg total) doses of Forskolin with your Target-A2 doses.
right on. lastly, what times of day works best to dose these potent products?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make sure one dose is at least pre-exercise (best time to dose). Then take a second dose at another time of day (so if you work out later in the day 1 dose Caffeine + Target + F-95 upon waking then same pre-workout, where as if you workout earlier in the day 1 dose Caffeine + Target + F-95 pre-workout then another dose later in the day).

anabolik1

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
From what I've researched, it's best to dose during times of fasting, on an empty stomach, 1-2 hours before eating. I personally dose mine first thing in the morning prior to my fasted training or cardio then again in the afternoon before my main workout.

iboj007

iboj007

Awards
Josh or anyone else... Would Amino IV post Sprinting and during the LISS be counter productive or would it be OK?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Josh or anyone else... Would Amino IV post Sprinting and during the LISS be counter productive or would it be OK?
I think they are fine post sprinting but would be hesitant to recommend you take them during LISS as they may end up being oxidized for energy needs preventing the purpose of LISS, which is to burn the fat

iboj007

iboj007

Awards
Perfect. Thank You! I'll stick to Powerade zero or something along those lines.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No problem

macwad

Awards
  • Established
Make sure one dose is at least pre-exercise (best time to dose). Then take a second dose at another time of day (so if you work out later in the day 1 dose Caffeine + Target + F-95 upon waking then same pre-workout, where as if you workout earlier in the day 1 dose Caffeine + Target + F-95 pre-workout then another dose later in the day).
Great answer.
And if we add Lipovate? Should I take it with the others?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great answer.
And if we add Lipovate? Should I take it with the others?
Ya just follow the bottle's dosing instructions for Lipovate and it should be fine in conjunction with those. :)

markam04

Awards
Fasted Traing. If I took Lipomorph with 10gms Coconut oil 30 mins after my dose of Target, would it negate targets effects? Also, are BCAAs fine and should avoid glutamine?

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
How to use Target-A2 for fat loss: Take 2 capsules. Drink coffee. Do cardio (Run to washroom). Works every time. ;-)

markam04

Awards
How to use Target-A2 for fat loss: Take 2 capsules. Drink coffee. Do cardio (Run to washroom). Works every time. ;-)
Doh! That's not what I'm asking. "If I took Lipomorph with 10gms Coconut oil 30 mins after my dose of Target, would it negate targets effects? Also, are BCAAs fine and should avoid glutamine?"

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
Doh! That's not what I'm asking. "If I took Lipomorph with 10gms Coconut oil 30 mins after my dose of Target, would it negate targets effects? Also, are BCAAs fine and should avoid glutamine?"
I know. That's just how it works for me. lol

I take my Ergonine which has glutamine with T-A2 before I work out and BCAAs intra. T-A2 is still effective. Not sure how the coconut oil would effect it though.

markam04

Awards
I know. That's just how it works for me. lol

I take my Ergonine which has glutamine with T-A2 before I work out and BCAAs intra. T-A2 is still effective. Not sure how the coconut oil would effect it though.
Lipomorph needs to be taken with fats, so I guess I'm asking whether coconut oil will elicit enough of a insulin spike to blunt Targets effects.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coconut oil should be fine. I don't think it causes any significent insulin release

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Fasted Traing. If I took Lipomorph with 10gms Coconut oil 30 mins after my dose of Target, would it negate targets effects? Also, are BCAAs fine and should avoid glutamine?
Fasted training should be done 100% fasted if you want to get the effects of it.

Yes, both BCAAs and coconut oil would negate the effects of the Target A2.

Yohimbine is most effective when insulin levels are low. Even a slight increase in insulin from my understanding will blunt the effects of yohimbine.

BCAAs cause an insulin spike on their own (mostly the leucine).

What a lot of people don't realize though is even the ingestion of fats cause an insulin release, albeit by a different mechanism.

Chylomicrons are released upon ingesting dietary fats and are used to transfer triglycerides and other lipids around the body. The mere presence of chylomicrons in the bloodstream causes an activation of a hormone called ASP or acylation-stimulating protein from your adipocytes. ASP causes an insulin release from the pancreas to help clear the lipids from the bloodstream and store them in the adipocyte.

I'm not sure why ASP doesn't get the same attention as some of the other hormones involved in fat cell physiology, as it appears to be one of the biggest players in triglyceride synthesis in the fat cells, even more-so than LPL.

Here are a few good references on ASP and how it works:

So if you need to take fats for Lipomorph, I would recommend splitting up the doses of your supplements to 2 separate times of the day.

Take your Target A2 in the morning without ANY food, aminos, or anything else and do your morning workout totally fasted.

Use the Lipomorph later in the day with your fats.

leasky33

Awards
will target a2 help me out when i train about 7.30pm, monday, Wednesday, friday

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
will target a2 help me out when i train about 7.30pm, monday, Wednesday, friday
Help you out how? Energy, alertness, or?

I'm not sure I would want to dose Target-A2 that late in the day though as it seems to be very potent and may disrupt sleep.

bodler

Awards
I ordered 3 today. What is the shelf life? I a planning on buying a ton because this product sounds to good to be true ( standalone AY ) and I am scared that it may get discontinued just like PES alpha t2 did.

I don't want to arse myself into going through the trouble of surfing the net for Standalone AY again.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would it be okay to say workout and take 20mins before my workout ends and hope on treadmills for 30 mins or so?
That would be a good option, assuming you aren't using intra-workout carbs.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick question, from what I've vaguely read, HICA does not cause an insulin spike. Is this why HICA (as opposed to BCAAs) would be good pre-fasted training to utilize yohimbine/TA2?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Correct.