How to move forward with this injury

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
About a month and a half ago while doing incline dumbbell press, I hurt my shoulder. It was making a loud popping noise and hurt. It still hurt the next day but a few days later the pain greatly subsided. I took about 2 weeks off of lifting. It’s now been about a month and a half since the injury. I’ve still been working out pretty hard. My shoulder only really hurts right when I wake up in the morning. Not crazy pain but maybe like 4-5/10. And still makes a popping noise when I move it up and down. But after about a half hour of being awake the pain is almost non existent. It only hurts when I bend my arm back. My question is, how do I move forward with this? Do I go to the doctor. Or should I just continue to let it rest while working out less intense? I’m currently 4 weeks into a DMZ/m1a cycle so really don’t wanna stop it. What would you do ? I’m guessing it’s just a slight rotator cuff tear.

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
About a month and a half ago while doing incline dumbbell press, I hurt my shoulder. It was making a loud popping noise and hurt. It still hurt the next day but a few days later the pain greatly subsided. I took about 2 weeks off of lifting. It’s now been about a month and a half since the injury. I’ve still been working out pretty hard. My shoulder only really hurts right when I wake up in the morning. Not crazy pain but maybe like 4-5/10. And still makes a popping noise when I move it up and down. But after about a half hour of being awake the pain is almost non existent. It only hurts when I bend my arm back. My question is, how do I move forward with this? Do I go to the doctor. Or should I just continue to let it rest while working out less intense? I’m currently 4 weeks into a DMZ/m1a cycle so really don’t wanna stop it. What would you do ? I’m guessing it’s just a slight rotator cuff tear.
Bro

Don’t be cheap get your **** fixed

These things don’t just go away on their own. The little micro injuries build up and over time turn into something worse, especially bc you’re gonna keep training hard.

Go to this website and find a chiropractor near you who performs active release technique.

Type in your zip code, it’ll show you docs near you.

If you’re in Illinois HMU I’ll fix you myself.

Do not go to a medical doctor for a musculoskeletal problem. The only thing they will do is this:
1) prescribe ibuprofen or muscle relaxer or worse opioids all of which will trash your liver when you’re running two methylated steroids
2) tell you to stop lifting
3) not do jack ****

Also how’s DMZ treating you? I’m planning on running a 4-5 week cycle at 30MGs with dermacrine 4 pumps daily as my base

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Bro

Don’t be cheap get your **** fixed

These things don’t just go away on their own. The little micro injuries build up and over time turn into something worse, especially bc you’re gonna keep training hard.

Go to this website and find a chiropractor near you who performs active release technique.

Type in your zip code, it’ll show you docs near you.

If you’re in Illinois HMU I’ll fix you myself.

Do not go to a medical doctor for a musculoskeletal problem. The only thing they will do is this:
1) prescribe ibuprofen or muscle relaxer or worse opioids all of which will trash your liver when you’re running two methylated steroids
2) tell you to stop lifting
3) not do jack ****

Also how’s DMZ treating you? I’m planning on running a 4-5 week cycle at 30MGs with dermacrine 4 pumps daily as my base
Oh I love it, running it with M1A both at 30mg

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
How much weight have you gained / strength increases ??

Edit: yeah get your **** fixed tho

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Like 7 pounds so far, but not even eating to gain weight. Been on for 4 weeks now out of 6. As far as strength, I haven’t been pushing myself so I couldn’t tell you. But I’ve ran it many times before and could attest for you that the strength gains are crazy.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Like 7 pounds so far, but not even eating to gain weight. Been on for 4 weeks now out of 6. As far as strength, I haven’t been pushing myself so I couldn’t tell you. But I’ve ran it many times before and could attest for you that the strength gains are crazy.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So you got hurt took some time off then immediately jumped on some hormones when you started up again??

As far as the injury I'd just get it checked out, but by someone with a sports background (a good sports PT or Chiro). The right one should be able to help immediately get you to feel better AND provide you with the proper things to move forward and improve without putting a stop to your regular training (some alterations may be needed but you shouldn't have to stop).

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My left shoulder was chronicly having issues. I used 10mg of BPC, collagen, and prayer. Now my left shoulder does not have issues. And it got better post treating myself.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So you got hurt took some time off then immediately jumped on some hormones when you started up again??

As far as the injury I'd just get it checked out, but by someone with a sports background (a good sports PT or Chiro). The right one should be able to help immediately get you to feel better AND provide you with the proper things to move forward and improve without putting a stop to your regular training (some alterations may be needed but you shouldn't have to stop).
Ya because I’ve had this cycle planned out for last couple of months, didn’t think my shoulder was that big of a deal. Pain comes on and off. Like today absolutely zero pain.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Ya because I’ve had this cycle planned out for last couple of months, didn’t think my shoulder was that big of a deal. Pain comes on and off. Like today absolutely zero pain.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
See a chiro who does ART and treats powerlifters in your area. You have an injury and also need much more conditioning of the area so you press again. Think rope work and lots of high Rep band work from all different angles.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Like the poster above me stated

It’s In your best interest to treat it when it’s not a chronic constant thing

It would be a shame to blow that **** out on cycle
Get it fixed man

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol. I can't give the proper credit for who originally said this, but it has never been more appropriate.

"Planning is valuable. Plans are worthless."

Regardless of your plans, if you had an injury you should have adapted in regard to the DMZ. But water under the bridge. Try to learn for next time.

I think that getting a sports rehab person of some sort, as suggested above, is good advice. Some band work and PVC pipe work could be helpful.

And nothing wrong with some ibuprofen I'm a reasonable dose for a limited time.

I'm general, ibuprofen and opioids are the choice for people looking to avoid liver toxicity when it comes to pain killers. Acetaminophenon the other hand...

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So went to the doc, said he believes it’s a labrum tear. Scheduled me for a MRI this week. Then he will go over the results to see if I need surgery or not.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So went to the doc, said he believes it’s a labrum tear. Scheduled me for a MRI this week. Then he will go over the results to see if I need surgery or not.
Glad to see you are getting help and getting an MRI. Rest and I hope you have a quick recovery and don't need surgery.

Superload

Superload

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If it is a labrum tear, I'd recommend getting the surgery and getting it out of the way...its not ever going to get back to 100% but the surgery can atleast put you at 95%. I've had 3 labrum repair surgeries over the course of a 4 year period and theres nothing worse than waiting in between surgeries with false hope that it'll just heal itself or go away.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just got back from the doc, just as I thought it’s a torn labrum. Said he can do a arthroscope surgery. Said it’s a in and out procedure, puts me to sleep and I’ll be out the door In a hour. Said I would be in a sling for 2 weeks, could start jogging in 6 weeks, back to working out In 3 months. As anyone had this surgery before and what could I expect?

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just got back from the doc, just as I thought it’s a torn labrum. Said he can do a arthroscope surgery. Said it’s a in and out procedure, puts me to sleep and I’ll be out the door In a hour. Said I would be in a sling for 2 weeks, could start jogging in 6 weeks, back to working out In 3 months. As anyone had this surgery before and what could I expect?
I’ve treated this a few times
Depending on your age and fitness it is very variable recovery times

With a good PT or sports chiro you should be able to lift in 3 ish months but you’ll want to start very slowly

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That sucks, sorry man. I wish you a speedy recovery.