Answered How to lower cortisol

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What is effective and something I can purchase legally to lower cortisol. I can’t sleep, and had blood tests that showed high cortisol and high ACTH. I have tried all types of sleep supplements with melatonin, ashwagandha, lemon balm, magnesium, valerian. But nothing is knocking the cortisol out.

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Reduce XT
Invictus (or virtus whichever is their cortisol sup)

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Reduce XT
Thank you

I looked at reduce xt, are those ingredients 7-keto or something else? Also will my cortisol go back to normal after I stop or will it be even higher eg.
Is this a safe supplement or something that will effect my hormone levels in the long run?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thank you

I looked at reduce xt, are those ingredients 7-keto or something else? Also will my cortisol go back to normal after I stop or will it be even higher eg.
Is this a safe supplement or something that will effect my hormone levels in the long run?
Invictus by Iron Legion is proven/studied to lower cortisol and boost the immune system. It is strong. So take an extract of ashwagandha, like ksm66 or sensoril, take it with the cortisol lowering supplement, and take it when you come off. That way there won't be a rebound as ashwagandha is great for normalizing cortisol.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Before you want to buy pills or powders you need to address

- How stressed are you?
- How many stims or caffeine do you intake a day?
- What are the day to day activities like?
- Do you practice self meditation or yoga?
- How do you wind down at night before bed?
** Turn down lights, music, turn off phone, stop watching movies or TV

Stress is a chronic killer notorious for high cortisol levels. In order to get cortisol lower, you need to address the root cause of the problem. If you don't it doesn't matter how many sleep aids, KSM-66, or supplements you take. They can't supplement or fix a long-term issue.

Some people take in a lot of caffeine per day which raises cortisol, there could be an easy way to reduce stress and cortisol
Are you constantly on the go? If so.. you need to find time for yourself (5-10 minutes a day ) to self reflect, calm down, collect your thoughts to help take tension off your shoulders.

If you sleep bad at night, it is most likely you don't wind down or get into a natural pattern before bed which can be an issue. A lot of people watch TV, listen to music, play on their phones right up to bed which is not helping them while trying to get a proper night of rest.

Now I could be wrong on all of these, but these are VERY common when it comes to high cortisol, stress, and elevated levels. If any of those are an issue for you. You need to start there.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

- How stressed are you?

Stress is a chronic killer notorious for high cortisol levels. In order to get cortisol lower, you need to address the root cause of the problem. If you don't it doesn't matter how many sleep aids, KSM-66, or supplements you take. They can't supplement or fix a long-term issue.

Some people take in a lot of caffeine per day which raises cortisol, there could be an easy way to reduce stress and cortisol
Are you constantly on the go? If so.. you need to find time for yourself (5-10 minutes a day ) to self reflect, calm down, collect your thoughts to help take tension off your shoulders.

If you sleep bad at night, it is most likely you don't wind down or get into a natural pattern before bed which can be an issue. A lot of people watch TV, listen to music, play on their phones right up to bed which is not helping them while trying to get a proper night of rest.

Now I could be wrong on all of these, but these are VERY common when it comes to high cortisol, stress, and elevated levels. If any of those are an issue for you. You need to start there.
Best advice. The best first thing is lifestyle examinations and change.

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote

- How stressed are you?

I havent touched a stim or caffeine in 3 years since I stopped taking pre workouts due to this very problem. I meditate, and do all of that. I still take ashwagandga daily. Recently started M-test a few days ago. I think I just naturally have high cortisol. Hormone issues are quite common in my family. My sister has abnormally high testosterone. So reduce Xt and invictus look like solid options for me. Thanks, exactly what Inwas looking for

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I havent touched a stim or caffeine in 3 years since I stopped taking pre workouts due to this very problem. I meditate, and do all of that. I still take ashwagandga daily. Recently started M-test a few days ago. I think I just naturally have high cortisol. Hormone issues are quite common in my family. My sister has abnormally high testosterone. So reduce Xt and invictus look like solid options for me. Thanks, exactly what Inwas looking for
You still missed some questions
** Turn down lights, music, turn off the phone, stop watching movies or TV
- What is the day to day activities like?
Are you constantly on the go?

You may need to get some further tests done
What is your Blood pressure? Is it very high? If so you need to work on reducing that.. High Blood Pressure is associated with high cortisol

Something to think about. Solving problems doesn't always equal OTC Supplements.
That is what 95% of the people on AM think is the answer when in reality there is something underlying that needs altering to fix the big picture.

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I had the same problem even when I took a whole month off of work, and I tried no phone/tv. Still had poor sleep, dark quiet cool room. Maybe its not cortisol and its something else but Im gonna take a shot at the cortisol since the blood tests showed they were high, along with ACTH, I read it could be a pituitary tumor, but endo said my levels have to be 4x normal amount for them to proceed with MRIs. Cutting calories along with exercise/lifting, tends to make the sleep worse

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What time do you wake up? What time do you attempt to fall asleep?

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
blood pressure is normal, and I do lots of stretching along with foam rolling, lacrosse ball smash.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I had the same problem even when I took a whole month off of work, and I tried no phone/tv. Still had poor sleep, dark quiet cool room. Maybe its not cortisol and its something else but Im gonna take a shot at the cortisol since the blood tests showed they were high, along with ACTH, I read it could be a pituitary tumor, but endo said my levels have to be 4x normal amount for them to proceed with MRIs. Cutting calories along with exercise/lifting, tends to make the sleep worse
What is your Total Testosterone and Free Testosterone?

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What time do you wake up? What time do you attempt to fall asleep?
I try to sleep as early as 10:30pm. My alarm is set for 7:20. Hard time falling asleep, sometimes ill wake up 4am instead, and the sleep is rarely deep. I work Monday to Friday same time every day. Especially when attempting to cut calories and exercise, the sleep is 3x worse.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I try to sleep as early as 10:30pm. My alarm is set for 7:20. Hard time falling asleep, sometimes ill wake up 4am instead, and the sleep is rarely deep. I work Monday to Friday same time every day. Especially when attempting to cut calories and exercise, the sleep is 3x worse.
Cutting calories does increase cortisol. I get up at 530am, and hit the gym at 6. Changing my wake up schedule to that time, making sure my workout is that time, and is intense has aided in my ability to fall asleep around 10pm.

I like 500mg magnesium glycinate before bed.

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What is your Total Testosterone and Free Testosterone?
561ng/dl serum and 15.1pg/ml free. I have been taking nettle root and tribulus when I was tested. That day it was 11am on an empty stomach.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You said you meditate, but are you able to relax? I mean really relax. Completely stress free, in the moment, feeling good. Doesn’t have to be while meditating either. Could be watching tv, video games, reading books. Heck, for me, my best thing is probably tickling my 3 year old. It’s amazing how therapeutic it is to not think about anything and just play tickling games with him.

The other thing I’d suggest if you don’t already, stick to a strict sleep schedule. Going to bed and waking at the exact same time every single day helped my sleep more than any supplement ever did. And I tried a lot of them.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Growth factor Xt and Reduce Xt make a great cortisol reducing/sleep/recovery.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Reduce XT
Invictus is their cortisol blocker. But they don't say how much Beta Androstenetriol is in their product? Anybody knows?

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Fell asleep not too difficultly betwwen 10:40-11:00pm.Woke up 5:30am wide awake unable to go back to sleep.

I dont count calories, but I definitely notice with less carbs means worse sleep. Just ordered the reduce XT

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I know there is so many things that can be causing the problem, I have been trying to narrow it down. I will update if the Reduce XT works. Thanks for the suggestions

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Would Arimistane be an option if the Reduce XT isn't strong enough? I read the reduce-xt controls cortisol, not always lowering it, which is the same as most adaptogens that I have took with no success.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Would Arimistane be an option if the Reduce XT isn't strong enough? I read the reduce-xt controls cortisol, not always lowering it, which is the same as most adaptogens that I have took with no success.
I wouldn’t bother with Arimistane at all personally (for E2 or cortisol control)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Invictus would probably be the strongest option available for cortisol reduction.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Invictus would probably be the strongest option available for cortisol reduction.
You say it’s strongest but do you know what dose of active compound there is in it? The label doesn’t say anything.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You say it’s strongest but do you know what dose of active compound there is in it? The label doesn’t say anything.
Not sure off the top of my head. I used 1ml a day split into 2 doses, and it was strong. I had a good experience with it, and logged it

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Reduce xt should be plenty. Take it for 4 weeks and then get levels re tested.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Invictus by Iron Legion is proven/studied to lower cortisol and boost the immune system. It is strong. So take an extract of ashwagandha, like ksm66 or sensoril, take it with the cortisol lowering supplement, and take it when you come off. That way there won't be a rebound as ashwagandha is great for normalizing cortisol.
Thank you for the shout out

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
does the xt take time to build
up in body? I took two pills and been trying to sleep since 8pm.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure off the top of my head. I used 1ml a day split into 2 doses, and it was strong. I had a good experience with it, and logged it
Right but this is very subjective. We can't say which one is stronger than the other if we don't have the dose of active in the product. And its very strange that they don't want to give this information (they do this with a lot of their products). And people buy products with no information on dose of the ingredient and put it in/on their body.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Right but this is very subjective. We can't say which one is stronger than the other if we don't have the dose of active in the product. And its very strange that they don't want to give this information (they do this with a lot of their products). And people buy products with no information on dose of the ingredient and put it in/on their body.
@thebigt do you know how many mg per ML?

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
slept like **** still. Took a pill at 8pm, and another around 3-4am. Hoping this takes time to build up in the body, or maybe cortisol is not my issue. I took a 3rd pill at 10:00am, and I do feel more relaxed than usual.

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What is E2?

Maybe it is a dopamine/prolactin issue. I never had this issue before college years. I started smoking marijuana chronically when I was a Junior/Senior in High School, and also a chronic Gambler since age 18. I quit smoking marijuana over 7 years ago. Very rarely, once every 45 days I might take a few drags. Gambling on and off, last time was on sports about 10 days ago.

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I probably do have high estrogen. Lately a lot of fat in my torso, behind, and man boobs. Lots of facial hair/body hair, insomnia, depression. Going to try some progesterone maybe?

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
will the reduce xt help reduce estrogen?

I noticed when I experimented with dhea for about a week, I gained more body fat, and was more depressed.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
will the reduce xt help reduce estrogen?

I noticed when I experimented with dhea for about a week, I gained more body fat, and was more depressed.
Reduce XT is meant for cortisol control/reduction. SNS does make a product called inhibit E if you want to try something for estrogen. One of the better OTC products for sure and it’s always a crazy low price. I love SNS.

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Relora really made a difference on my blood levels (am) after 2 weeks it dropped by almost half.

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Relora really made a difference on my blood levels (am) after 2 weeks it dropped by almost half.
I have tried relora before as well. I can't live like this anymore, I can't get any work done. What else can I take to get some damn sleep, even if its AAS

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have tried relora before as well. I can't live like this anymore, I can't get any work done. What else can I take to get some damn sleep, even if its AAS
Try it or at least prohormones.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What is effective and something I can purchase legally to lower cortisol. I can’t sleep, and had blood tests that showed high cortisol and high ACTH. I have tried all types of sleep supplements with melatonin, ashwagandha, lemon balm, magnesium, valerian. But nothing is knocking the cortisol out.
And reduce xt is definitely the way to go for cortisol. Tried and true

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Reduce XT is for cortisol levels, but there could be so many reasons why you're struggling to get to sleep which are outside the realm of what it is capable of.

Worth keeping at of course just to keep cortisol levels in check, and it will take time to do its job

mikem456

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Reduce XT is for cortisol levels, but there could be so many reasons why you're struggling to get to sleep which are outside the realm of what it is capable of.

Worth keeping at of course just to keep cortisol levels in check, and it will take time to do its job
if im taking a hormone, might as well take a hormone that will increase testosterone, does the reduce xt have an effect on testerone or estrogen?