How often do you get labs?

LaserGoPewPew

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And what are you testing?

I have been thinking about getting "basic" bloodwork done 4 times a year ... maybe go all in and get an in depth analysis once a year... or something like that. Just to see my trends and where my baselines are

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get complete bloodwork every 6 monthsish
I’m on trt and that’s required for me

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
3-4 times a year depending on how my blasts fall. Basically I like a panel mid blast to check liver, kidney, that e2 is dialled in, prolactin is under control (i use a lot of 19nors), lipids, inflammation, all the wider health markers etc - in a nutshell I like to make sure what I’m taking isn’t really fucking me up.

then another panel a few months into cruise to make sure everything has come back to range and my health is good

same as math, I’ll get specific tests for anything that’s a particular concern or if I want to test something is legit (like igf while running hgh)

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whats on the required list?
Man I would have to dig up my last labs. It’s about 80 things. It’s pretty in depth. I have my next round next week actually.

I do get other small labs from time to time if I want to. But only in depth as required

redtrek

Awards
I added a vitamin D test. Never bothered before because I'd just supplement on top of the vitamin D rich foods I normally eat.
Result came back at 25 ng/ml, which surprisingly is under the recommended 30-100. Now I'm bumping up to 10,000iu daily to see where my levels get after a couple months.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3-4 times a year. Definitely want to get one before you start a blast to make sure you are in a healthy place to start, and pulling one during the blast is usually a good idea so you can see how bad you are fucking yourself up. And it can help you decide if maybe you need more of X support or less of something else. Or if your diet is a bad idea (like doing keto and realizing your total cholesterol is 300).

shanewilliams

Awards
  • First Up Vote
How do you guys go about getting labs if you are mid cycle? I get nervous with that because I went to the doc for a lump I had on my stomach and stupidly told the doc I was using gh and wasn’t sure if it was from a sub q injection. It wasn’t like the lump was only a week or 2 old- it was there for at least a month and was so odd looking that the doc sent me over for a CT scan immediately. Turned out to be from the injections anyway but the doc told me to NEVER under any circumstances tell any doctor I use or used steroids unless I 100% trust thst doctor. Also said be very aware of my bloodwork and when I get it done. He said this because just in case I ever had a serious medical issue - insurance companies would use my AAS against me and dispute coverage. I’ve always gotten bloods but never mid cycle and I see guys getting bloods to check e2 and other markers during a cycle. Are you doing this with a doc visit or what? They have sites that don’t require a script but in my state it’s hard to get done without it- NJ

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How do you guys go about getting labs if you are mid cycle? I get nervous with that because I went to the doc for a lump I had on my stomach and stupidly told the doc I was using gh and wasn’t sure if it was from a sub q injection. It wasn’t like the lump was only a week or 2 old- it was there for at least a month and was so odd looking that the doc sent me over for a CT scan immediately. Turned out to be from the injections anyway but the doc told me to NEVER under any circumstances tell any doctor I use or used steroids unless I 100% trust thst doctor. Also said be very aware of my bloodwork and when I get it done. He said this because just in case I ever had a serious medical issue - insurance companies would use my AAS against me and dispute coverage. I’ve always gotten bloods but never mid cycle and I see guys getting bloods to check e2 and other markers during a cycle. Are you doing this with a doc visit or what? They have sites that don’t require a script but in my state it’s hard to get done without it- NJ
That’s when it’s fun to be from Canada 🥰 even if you told them you injected 40grams of tren trying to kill yourself they would try and help you for free! I agree in the states I would be very careful which doctor I choose to tell my steroids use.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I always pay out of pocket for online orders from a doctor through privatemdlabs. There are a few other ones that are getting competitive in pricing as well but they’ve always been good for me. There’s a few states that you can’t do that of course, so if that’s your state then your options that I can see are: move, don’t get bloods and stay ignorant about your self-medication, or find a doctor you are on the same page with. Maybe a clinic?

I think once a year isn’t enough. A LOT of damage can be done in a year’s span if you aren’t being very conservative or making wise decisions. More frequent bloodwork helps flag you about screwups so you can stop while you’re ahead at least.

shanewilliams

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I always pay out of pocket for online orders from a doctor through privatemdlabs. There are a few other ones that are getting competitive in pricing as well but they’ve always been good for me. There’s a few states that you can’t do that of course, so if that’s your state then your options that I can see are: move, don’t get bloods and stay ignorant about your self-medication, or find a doctor you are on the same page with. Maybe a clinic?

I think once a year isn’t enough. A LOT of damage can be done in a year’s span if you aren’t being very conservative or making wise decisions. More frequent bloodwork helps flag you about screwups so you can stop while you’re ahead at least.
I agree which is why I asked. I’ve been looking online and looks like my the option isn’t available in my state. Have to figure out a different way