How much protein u eating daily

audi4796

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Generally I won’t go above 300 but it’s easier to do 250 by a lot

major difference between 250 and 300 if u are 210lbs?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hitting 1g per pound should be fine so I wouldn’t stress about forcing yourself to hit 300g at your weight. Especially if you struggle to hit it stick with what you’ll be more consistent with.

Just make sure that if in a gaining phase you offset getting those missed calories in via carbs or fat.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to focus on this alot and now I get about 1g per pound, sometimes a little more, and I've experienced no difference.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used to focus on this alot and now I get about 1g per pound, sometimes a little more, and I've experienced no difference.
Just for clarification...you’ve experienced no difference in taking 1 gram per pound vs taking more per pound?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just for clarification...you’ve experienced no difference in taking 1 gram per pound vs taking more per pound?
Right. I used to take up to 2.5-3g and it was difficult to sustain, plus absolutely no benefit was observed.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Right. I used to take up to 2.5-3g and it was difficult to sustain, plus absolutely no benefit was observed.
Gotcha....yeah I agree. I’ve heard of guys eating 50-60 grams of protein per meal. I just don’t think the body can truly utilize that much protein at one time. Maybe it helps if you’re on a cycle and trying to put on a lot of mass. Who knows.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I shoot for 1 Grams per pound of body weight, 180 grams per day.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ive found 1g per lb to be plenty. I focus on micronutrient rich foods nowadays much moreso than perfect macros and mainlining protein.