How much does HcG raise Test while on trt?

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I am curious as to how much people have seen their Testosterone rise after adding HcG to a stable TRT protocol. Anyone have any results or studies regarding this? Thanks.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am curious as to how much people have seen their Testosterone rise after adding HcG to a stable TRT protocol. Anyone have any results or studies regarding this? Thanks.

It probably isn't spelled out in exactly the way you were hoping for, but there's some pretty good information in here:

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It probably isn't spelled out in exactly the way you were hoping for, but there's some pretty good information in here:

Thanks for that! A lot to read, but I did find a summary of that study that mentioned the results in a percentage of ITT. Like " 250 IU SC every other day along with TRT their intratesticular testosterone levels only dropped 7%." The hard part is figuring out what effect that has on total or free T. I saw something somewhere that mentioned an ITT of 1130ish in guys with a total T much lower...like 500ish if I remember correctly. Makes sense that T would be higher when measured in the T factory.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for that! A lot to read, but I did find a summary of that study that mentioned the results in a percentage of ITT. Like " 250 IU SC every other day along with TRT their intratesticular testosterone levels only dropped 7%." The hard part is figuring out what effect that has on total or free T. I saw something somewhere that mentioned an ITT of 1130ish in guys with a total T much lower...like 500ish if I remember correctly. Makes sense that T would be higher when measured in the T factory.
Any time, brother!

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm kind of wondering if my HcG jacks my T up too high if my doc will lower my T. I don't want that to happen, so I might skip a week of HcG before drawing blood for labs.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm kind of wondering if my HcG jacks my T up too high if my doc will lower my T. I don't want that to happen, so I might skip a week of HcG before drawing blood for labs.
a good rule of thumb is to come off ANYTHING hormonal that might interfere with blood results at least a week before blood draw.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Early into TRT it raised my levels about 400ng/dL but now I get 200ng/dL. I think it has more to due with the quality of the hCG I had later into therapy.

Last edited:
Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Wowzers! That's a lot higher than I was thinking it would elevate T. I'll make sure to skip a whole week before bloods. I'm new to this clinic, so I don't know how they'll react to numbers. I hope they go by how I feel rather than keeping me in a range. Saw a 58 year old guy who's T is 2600 and his clinic is fine with that.

Thanks!

Early into TRT it raised my levels about 400ng/dL but nowI get 200ng/dL. I think it has more to due with the quality of the hCG I had later into therapy.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
clinic usually go by how you feel rather chase numbers like an endo and family dr does..got lucky with my family dr..