Unanswered How is my diet

benjammin5150

Awards
I'm 43, 6'2" 235. Around 18-20% bf. 160mg a week test. Im on my feet all day for work, lots of walking. Lift 4days a week, upper/lower split. Trying to lose fat gain muscle.
Today I ate: breakfast...
4eggs and a cup of whole milk

Snack: whole avocado and 2 low sugar Greek yogurts.

Lunch: albacore tuna sandwich on white bread with onions mixed w/Olive oil mayo and a cup of whole milk.

Snack: can of wild sardines in olive oil.

Dinner: big ribeye steak, roasted sweet potatoe and big pile of steamed spinach. Cup of whole milk.
Does this sound ok?

Last edited:

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is a vague question and hard to answer without keeping specific goals, situations, and individual preferences in mind.

As far as food choices, sure it seems pretty good, protein in each meal, some fats and a bit of carbohydrates. I’d say it could use more color (fruits and veggies).

Amounts though are going to depend on the person. Just keep track of weight change and adjust amounts up or down based on how that goes. Keep in mind losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time isn’t typical so you may want to pick one direction to go.

The final thing would be, how do you feel about it? Enjoy those foods and combos? Seeing results? If you enjoy and it is working don’t make tons of changes. Compliance and sticking to things tend to be one of the biggest factors in success.

benjammin5150

Awards
This is a vague question and hard to answer without keeping specific goals, situations, and individual preferences in mind.

As far as food choices, sure it seems pretty good, protein in each meal, some fats and a bit of carbohydrates. I’d say it could use more color (fruits and veggies).

Amounts though are going to depend on the person. Just keep track of weight change and adjust amounts up or down based on how that goes. Keep in mind losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time isn’t typical so you may want to pick one direction to go.

The final thing would be, how do you feel about it? Enjoy those foods and combos? Seeing results? If you enjoy and it is working don’t make tons of changes. Compliance and sticking to things tend to be one of the biggest factors in success.
Yea man I know pretty vague question so thanks for the response. In the past I tried meticulously counting calories and macros but it never seemed to do any good. Now I just try to eat 3 protein rich meals a day with snacks in between and avoid processed food. It seems to be the best way for me. I'm on my 4th week of test and honestly I feel like superman and I think my diet is working cause I'm already noticing changes from the gym. I also eat lots of bananas, grapes green beans and asparagus