Homemade transdermal drug delivery? (Aloe-Glycerine gel)

Storböle

Awards
My goal is to improve my homemade treament of Alzheimer and Parkinsons with supplements with poor oral bioavilability

In this case resveratrol within a glycerine tinture of https://www.montanaf...datum-p35442133 not in the purpose of improving someones skin,

but to get past the skin with a therapeutical oral dose for transdermal drug delivery...that seems to suit glycerine? judged by this link https://patents.goog...EP0644746B1/en

I have tested to mix 100 mg of Japanese Knotweed glycerine-drops inside an outsqueezed portion of purchased dermal aloe gel ( primary for sun protection) as the vechile https://www.ijddr.in...ancer-5476.html and stired it together with a tootpick and then applied the new lotion to my arm. I noticed that it absorbs even though it leaves som goey-sugar on the skin that i must rinse away...but obviosly it should enter the skin

Is there any indications though? that the resveratrol have not? been absorbed into to the viable tissues and thus have entered the systemic circulation? even though it leaved the glycerine greasyness on the skin.(1)

They talk several times about glycerol! usage in this study's attemp to get resveratrol pass the skin https://www.research...ls_via_the_Skin
but my problem is that i dont understand what the conclusion was really due to bad english, perhaps you can clarify if glycerine worked or not for them and why?

Secondly "Some constituents of the A. vera gel itself also penetrated the skin and this was interestingly dependent on the molecular weight of the co-applied compounds" (1)

I will never know if my amateur formulation got itself the right molecular weight, im just interested to know if you think its likely in theory that aloe vera gel can get
glycerine into systemic circulation mixed with JKW or even my Forskolin tincture https://www.hawaiiph...eus-alc-extract
https://www.jstage.j...rticle/-char/en
Stability of Forskolin in Lipid Emulsions and Oil/Water Partition Coefficients
To treat conditions that is not comestic!
https://www.afisuppl...t-95-forskolin/
I dont understand basal chemistry..so i have a feeling i will be dissapointed by your answer

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Resveratrol is soluble in alcohol (mostly ethanol). Just get some moonshine or technical grade ethanol and use that.

Storböle

Awards
Resveratrol is soluble in alcohol (mostly ethanol). Just get some moonshine or technical grade ethanol and use that.
And how does solubility have impact on dermal delievery? and do you mean alcohol improve transdermal delivery? cause i aint going to give it oraly ;) cause i believe dermal is better

I posted some links that glycercin sounds better for dermal delivery, im moore interested if anyone can confirm this rather

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can't dissolve a.compound into a solvent, then you will get zero absorption. Transdermal delivery is complicated, as you have multiple layers of skin all with different properties.

Alcohol penetrates, with decent efficiency, through the skin layers allowing your compound to be picked up by the dermal vasculature. Since it is also an efficient solvent for Resveratrol, that is what I recommend.

Renew1

Renew1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had heard a rumour about an upcoming TD product with a High bioavailability....

I wonder if that weird Taxi Driver guy has heard anything about that?

i-hear-things.jpg

Last edited:
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yeah the birds are chirpin!~

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just go to alpha gainz and pick up some td resveratrol for $19.99. great price!!!

Storböle

Awards
just go to alpha gainz and pick up some td resveratrol for $19.99. great price!!!
Interesting, we get a fixex resveratrol dose, but it will waste away the emodin
in Japanese knotweed if i would go for than product.
I have seen no report that Emodin can be be uptaken by the skin...but do you think that Emodin mixed with resveratrol perhaps will take up emodin also since it after all share the same alcohol/glycerin drop?

We cannot see the back cover of their resveratrol, but judging on its neigbour
it contains both alcohol and glyccerin ;) but nobody of you seem to wanna discuss wheter
you think glycerine can work as well as alcohol

Resveratrol 75mg per ml x 30 ml

Do i understand it right that if i want 75 mg per day, the bottle
last 30 day...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, we get a fixex resveratrol dose, but it will waste away the emodin
in Japanese knotweed if i would go for than product.
I have seen no report that Emodin can be be uptaken by the skin...but do you think that Emodin mixed with resveratrol perhaps will take up emodin also since it after all share the same alcohol/glycerin drop?

We cannot see the back cover of their resveratrol, but judging on its neigbour
it contains both alcohol and glyccerin ;) but nobody of you seem to wanna discuss wheter
you think glycerine can work as well as alcohol

Resveratrol 75mg per ml x 30 ml

Do i understand it right that if i want 75 mg per day, the bottle
last 30 day...
Tell you what...add some sand to water and rub it i to your skin. Doesn't work? No. Why? Because water doesn't dissolve sand.

Glycerine doesnt dissolve resveratrol.

Storböle

Awards
No i will not create any tinctures, i will purchase proffesional products that others have made, and modify it

If you can't dissolve a.compound into a solvent, then you will get zero absorption. Transdermal delivery is complicated, as you have multiple layers of skin all with different properties.

Alcohol penetrates, with decent efficiency, through the skin layers allowing your compound to be picked up by the dermal vasculature. Since it is also an efficient solvent for Resveratrol, that is what I recommend.
Concerning dissolving into a solvent,, how shall i interpret my result that i get a somewhat greasy skin after
the glycerine when it was mixed with aloe gel, it leaves a sugar coatm but could the resveratrol have been uptaken?

I had heard a rumour about an upcoming TD product with a High bioavailability....

I wonder if that weird Taxi Driver guy has heard anything about that?

View attachment 201479

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No i will not create any tinctures, i will purchase proffesional products that others have made, and modify it

Concerning dissolving into a solvent,, how shall i interpret my result that i get a somewhat greasy skin after
the glycerine when it was mixed with aloe gel, it leaves a sugar coatm but could the resveratrol have been uptaken?
No, doubtful you absorbed any.

Storböle

Awards
Tell you what...add some sand to water and rub it i to your skin. Doesn't work? No. Why? Because water doesn't dissolve sand.

Glycerine doesnt dissolve resveratrol.
Where did you read that?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where did you read that?
You are welcome to Google the chemical/physical properties of resveratrol. It will tell you what it is soluble in.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
a major function of glycerin in Salvo is to prevent skin irritation (Salvo is the transdermal carrier used in the alpha gainz resveratrol product). I don't think you'll find glycerin to be a viable solvent for resveratrol.

Renew1

Renew1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

The "sugar coat" was undoubtedly your Resveratrol.

Storböle

Awards
The "sugar coat" was undoubtedly your Resveratrol.
Okay, i guess i should purchase all my herb tinctures in alcohol from now on
https://www.hawaiipharm.com/hu-zhang-alc-extract
(then i get the emodin also) and simply add them on the skin maybe in aloe gel and then see how greasy it becomes?.

You are welcome to Google the chemical/physical properties of resveratrol. It will tell you what it is soluble in.
I have myself not found any list of other solvents

The chemical structure of resveratrol leads to low water solubility (<0.05 mg/mL), which affects its absorption. In order to increase its solubility, ethanol (50 mg/mL) or organic solvents may be used.
Are they saying that 50 mg ethanol? demands 1 mL ethanol?

What about Forskolin, is it also dermal in ethanol only?

Storböle

Awards
What about Forskolin, is it also dermal in ethanol only?
Forskolin is also soluble in ethanol (50 mg/ml), but this solvent is not recommended, as it inhibits forskolin activation of adenylate cyclase. https://bpsbioscience.com/forskolin

So pref not purchase the alc extract of Coleus

"Forskolin appears to be subject to P-Glycoprotein efflux in the intestines, and coingestion of a P-glycoprotein inhibitor may increase oral bioavailability."

"The inhibitors of P-gp are obtained from various natural sources in the form of alkaloids, flavonoids, coumarins, resins, saponins, terpenoids and miscellaneous other species"

Im pretty sure i cover that within my drink since its a blend

I also got a PM

"I wanted to share with you some links on your transdermal formula. Here's an old transdermal spreadsheet made a long time ago by the founder of the forum, Big Daddy Chemo.

Supplements
The most popular bodybuilding message boards!
forum.bodybuilding.com

Here's another formula from curt2go, another founder of this site:
Supplements
The most popular bodybuilding message boards!
forum.bodybuilding.com

The doses are for old prohormones that are no longer used, but you should be able to use the recipe that is included to help get you started. You'll have to source the ingredients from different locations probably, because the sites they mention no longer exist.

There's another really good ingredient called Laurocapram that you can find if you hunt around. It's really excellent for bypassing drugs through the dermal layer of the skin.

pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Laurocapram
Laurocapram | C18H35NO | CID 42981 - structure, chemical names, physical and chemical properties, classification, patents, literature, biological activities, safety/hazards/toxicity information, supplier lists, and more.
pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Hope that helps! "

Last edited:

Storböle

Awards
Vanillin cross-linked chitosan microspheres for controlled release of resveratrol "https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0308814609013958Q"

What does control release means? am i wrong it can affect bioavailability?
How do you understand this study's conclusion

What i know is that...while i figure out how im going to optimaly transport resveratrol it didnt hurt to put
my precious Japanese knotweed tincture drops into my yoghurt mixed with one tea-spon of vanillin sugar from grossery store.

Have anybody of you ever taken japanese knotweed tincture in yogurth by the way?

Last edited: