Hobbies?

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Just wondering if folks had any particular hobbies like collecting stuff or whatnot.

Mine is collecting Transformers... yes that's the cartoon from the 80s that's going to have a big screen movie on July 4th this year.

I've almost finished collecting all the toys from the new film 3 months before they hit the retail shelves (found myself a source from China who ships them) I've got a crap load of the toys from the 80's and 90's from the original Generation 1 series and then the Beast Wars series.

That's where my money goes, along with supps.

It's hard to beleive, but a Generation 1 Megatron toy, mint in sealed, scratchless box since 1984, sold for $11,000 USD on ebay.

I've posted pictures from my new collection in my amspace :woohoo:

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
My hobby at this point in time is paintball.

Kinda sucks during the winter months here in Michigan, but as soon as the summer time hits I'm just like a kid. Running, diving and sliding through the woods.

For me, there's just something about having a splat of paint flying at you at 300 feet per second that gets my blood pumping.

Oh yeah, that and my wife doesn't play so it's a great excuse to get out of the house.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been meaning to get one of those MadMan. My brother used to have one when we were kids. Fun to listen to what is going on. I gotta get one, but always end up spending money on something elese.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering if folks had any particular hobbies like collecting stuff or whatnot.

Mine is collecting Transformers... yes that's the cartoon from the 80s that's going to have a big screen movie on July 4th this year.

I've almost finished collecting all the toys from the new film 3 months before they hit the retail shelves (found myself a source from China who ships them) I've got a crap load of the toys from the 80's and 90's from the original Generation 1 series and then the Beast Wars series.

That's where my money goes, along with supps.

It's hard to beleive, but a Generation 1 Megatron toy, mint in sealed, scratchless box since 1984, sold for $11,000 USD on ebay.

I've posted pictures from my new collection in my amspace :woohoo:

Hahaha. I'm guessing your not married?. You know how wives can get!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i used to paintball but after high school all the other guys went their separate ways, my horror movie collection is #1 now, 500+ movies between the DVDs, VCDs, and VHS, not to mention the life size Gremlin, Leatherface, Chucky, and Freddy in the guest bedroom. No one ever wants to stay over for some reason...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Used to be comics and then R/C planes and then building computers. Now my hobby is just waking up and making it through :p Seriously, with my children getting older and my paycheck not growing in direct relation I have been limited to what I do. I did buy a R/C helicoptor though.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I used to do competitive shooting. Cowboy Action Shooting its called. But the club moved too far away for it to be practical. But just this year a new club opened up only about 20 miles from me. I just might dust off my shootin' irons and have a go at it again.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my car. 2001 Camaro SS M-6 just bolt ons for now but im still putting down something like 325 rwhp/ or 385hp at the fly

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I used to collect baseball cards, sold those to buy a used car in HS. I have a lot of 80s comic books still, I should sell those too. I have some issues of teenage mutant ninja turtle, including a reprint of issue #1. This aint the fluuy rated G stuff on tv, they used to be a gory violent comic book. I was into cars, then home audio (built my own sonotube), then photography which I'm still into :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Is napping considered a hobby?

Used to paintball quite a bit but got too spendy, sold the gear. :(

Used to play lead guitar in a cover band but I quit drinkin ... and playin. :) (except on Sundays at my church)

Is mountain biking a hobby? I still do that a few times a year. Pacific northwest is great for it.

Oh, and teabaggin. Can't leave that out. :D

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Used to play lead guitar in a cover band but I quit drinkin ... and playin. :) (except on Sundays at my church)
I'm with you on the napping and past-guitar playing hobbies.

What kind of cover band were you in, BP?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I'm with you on the napping and past-guitar playing hobbies.

What kind of cover band were you in, BP?
Hard rock - Metallica, Joe Satriani, ACDC that sort of shizit. We made some original music but there was always too much fighting over it. Everyone wanted every song done their way. lol.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Kayaking and snowboarding are my staples.
I love Deejaying and making beats. I barley have any time for it with kids, and honey dos. I keep on thinking about selling all of my equipment but just cant bring myself to do it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Emerge General Chat 30
JBlaze General Chat 45
General Chat 13