Hobbes Cutting Program

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
I started my program yesterday but I didn't have an opportunity to start this log until today.

I'll post some stats on Thurs or Fri. My Myotape is broken and I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive. My vitamins are also due to arrive in the same shipment. I probably should have waited until I had everything together but Bobo had my program put together so quickly that I couldn't put it off.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 1:

diet: 100%
Exercise: 100%

Initial impressions of the diet: I'm eating one big breakfast. It takes me a while to get everything down. Water? I thought I was drinking enough before but this is a whole new level. I can't wait until my body adjusts since I'm getting tired of using the bathroom all the time.

With regards to the exercises,like almost everyone else, I had to reduce the weight. Despite that, I'm still feeling sore a day later.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Water? I thought I was drinking enough before but this is a whole new level. I can't wait until my body adjusts since I'm getting tired of using the bathroom all the time.
I don't know how much you were drinking before, but it likely wasn't enough. I don't know if your body does adjust, you still need to expell it. I find I make fairly frequent trips to the bathroom once I approach or exceed ~1 gallon per day.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't know how much you were drinking before, but it likely wasn't enough. I don't know if your body does adjust, you still need to expell it. I find I make fairly frequent trips to the bathroom once I approach or exceed ~1 gallon per day.
Yep, I very likely wasn't drinking enough. I was probably about 2/3 gallon. Yesterday, I did 2 gallons and today I'm currently at 1.5 gallons.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 2:

Diet: Currently at 100% with 2 meals to go; however, my Post-WO meal was a bit late since I was talking with my supervisor. Instead of having it within 30 minutes, it was about an hour later. This ended up disrupting the rest of my meals. I finally ate Meal #6 at 11:00PM.

Exercise: 100%
Back/calves today. Its similar to what I already do for my back including the TUT so it was a bit easier to adjust than yesterday.

Last edited:

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 3:

Today is supposed to be Cardio only but due to a scheduling issue later this week, I will be swapping it for Legs Day.

Diet:

so far, 100%. I still have my final meal to go and I'll be eating that in about an hour. I have a couple of hours to drink 2 quarts of water and then I'll be at 2 gals

Exercise:

100% but I dicovered that my TUT count has been slightly off. Not by much but I noticed a big difference in the set I did where I thought I was doing it right and the actual sets where I know I did it right.

Bobo, one question for you. For my final meal, if I'm not that hungry, can I substitute the broccoli for Fiber Sure? 1 cup of broccolli has 30 calories and 4 g of fiber. one teaspoon of Fiber Sure has 25 calories and 5 g of fiber.

Last edited:

bms0lsc

Awards
  • Established
Exercise:

100% but I dicovered that my TUT count has been slightly off. Not by much but I noticed a big difference in the set I did where I thought I was doing it right and the actual sets where I know I did it right.

Bobo, one question for you. For my final meal, if I'm not that hungry, can I substitute the broccoli for Fiber Sure? 1 cup of broccolli has 30 calories and 4 g of fiber. one teaspoon of Fiber Sure has 25 calories and 5 g of fiber.
Yeah I was off with my cadence at one point early on. Even being slightly off makes a big difference to the overall set. Also, I think you should definitely be eating the broccolli over a fibre supp. There's vits and minerals in there that you'll need. Might as well start as you mean to go on :)

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Day 3:

Today is supposed to be Cardio only but due to a scheduling issue later this week, I will be swapping it for Legs Day.
You may want to check with Bobo on this. I had a similar issue and he told me to skip the day rather than rearrange things. I'm guessing that your leg day has different Kcal and macronutrient totals than does your cardio only day, and there is good reason for that.

And then there's the recovery from leg day and how that is sequenced into the program...

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
You may want to check with Bobo on this. I had a similar issue and he told me to skip the day rather than rearrange things. I'm guessing that your leg day has different Kcal and macronutrient totals than does your cardio only day, and there is good reason for that.

And then there's the recovery from leg day and how that is sequenced into the program...
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking the same thing so I emailed Bobo and asked him if this was OK but I never heard back from him. I assumed that if he disagreed then he would have emailed me back.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've answered every email that I have received in the alst 3 days.

I do remember getting one form you asking anything about this.

Generally I do not want Legs done on a cardio only day because the means either you are lifting 4 days in a row or 3 heavy muscle groups in a row. Once or twice is fein, prolonged is not.

The Fiber Sure is fine.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
I've answered every email that I have received in the alst 3 days.

I do remember getting one form you asking anything about this.

Generally I do not want Legs done on a cardio only day because the means either you are lifting 4 days in a row or 3 heavy muscle groups in a row. Once or twice is fein, prolonged is not.

The Fiber Sure is fine.
thanks Bobo. I only need to do the swap this week.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah I was off with my cadence at one point early on. Even being slightly off makes a big difference to the overall set. Also, I think you should definitely be eating the broccolli over a fibre supp. There's vits and minerals in there that you'll need. Might as well start as you mean to go on :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who started out a bit off. :)

I hear you on the broccolli but sometimes I don't feel that hungry and I have to force it all down. Its just as an alternative. I don't plan to do it every time.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 4:

Diet:

100% today.

Supps:

100% today. My viitamins arrived today so I was able to start supplementing with those.

Exercise:

100% today as well. Did triceps and followed it up with 30 min of cardio.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 5:

Diet:

Just under 100% today. Forgot a tbsp of flaxseed oil in one of my meals

Supps:

100% today.

Exercise:

100% today. Cardio only.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 6:

Diet/Supps/Water:

100%/100%/75%

Only got about 1.5 g

Exercise: Biceps/Shoulders and Cardio

100%

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 7:

Diet/Supps/Water:

100%/100%/75%

Having a problem getting that last 1/2 gal down the past couple of days.

Exercise: Cardio only

100%

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Week 2

Day 8:

Today has been a pretty crappy day. My 20-month old son was sick this past week and I got a touch of it. I was fairly lethargic for most of the day and it was a struggle to do anything.

Diet/Supps/Water:

5/6 meals in so far today
100% Supps
1.5 gals of Water

Exercise: Chest/Shoulders/Abs

100%. It was a struggle to get going, but once I did it wasn't too bad. i normally work out around 3:00PM (give or take an hour) but tonight I started at 8:30PM. I ended up falling asleep earlier this evening and I felt a lot better afterwards.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 9:

Diet/Supps/Water:

100%/100%/75%

Only got about 1.5 g

Exercise: Back and Calves

100%

Nailed the diet today but still fell short on the water. Timing was off on the BB rows but fine on all the others.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 10:

Diet/Supps/Water:

100%/100%/100%

Got about 1.75 g

Exercise: Cardio only

100%

45 min on elliptical: fasted state, low intensity (heartrate at 130)
30 min on recumbent bike in the afternoon, low intensity (130 HR)

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 11:

Diet/Supps/Water:

100%/100%/missed 100%

Got about 1.75 g of water again

Exercise: Triceps and cardio

100%

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Day 12:

Diet/Supps/Water:

50%/100%/50%

Feeling sick and tired this night. I ate only 3 meals and only drank 1 gal of water

Exercise: Legs

0% Like I said, I wasn't feeling well and ended up going to bed early that evening

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't get sick! Thats an order! :)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
why o why does everyone get sick at the start of this? Its actually quite interesting.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
why o why does everyone get sick at the start of this? Its actually quite interesting.
well, I got sick due to my kids. I started them in daycare when I switched to days and they brought something home with them. not one kid, but all three. They got my wife sick and then I did as well. I fought it all week but in the end, it got me.

i'm finally feeling better and my log will reflect that. I haven't been eating all of my meals for the past 4 days since my stomach has been rebelling. I also missed a workout (legs) but that's been it.

good news: my weight has been steady
bad news: my weight has been steady

Why good? I didn't lose any muscle.
Why bad? I didn't lose any fat unless I gained some muscle. This may be possible considering my lifts have all gone up from the previous sessions.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Days 13,14,15, & 16

diet/supps/water:

65%/50%/50%

Diet was all over the place. I didn't eat junk but I was sick.

EXercise:

100% for each day. I pushed myself to workout each day. I wish my stomach would have cooperated for my meals.

Last edited:

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
day 17:

Diet/Supps/Water:

all 100%

So far, so good on food and water. I'll be eating meal #5 in about an hour.

Exercise: Triceps & Cardio

100%

A slight deviation today. I was supposed to rest and do only cardio today but I woke up too late to do it. I don't regret it. I woke up feeling better than I have in days. I decided against doing legs since I had already done chest and back this week. Timing was still a bit off on some sets towards the end of the session due to fatigue.

Last edited:

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
day 18:

Diet/Supps/Water:

everything was 100%

Exercise: Legs

100%. Really good workout today.

Down 3.5 more pounds from last weigh-in making for a total of 9 lbs in 2.5 weeks

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Days 19, 20, and 21:

Last hurrah for the summer. I took the family out to King's Island for the week-end. School starts for my oldest next week.

Zero on everything. After all the sickness it was good to get the family outside and relax. I didn't go overboard but I ate my fair share of junk. I just kept it in moderation

Tomorrow is day 22 and the start of Week 4. I feel refreshed and ready to get back to work. Having three sick children and being sick yourself is not fun.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Wks 4-6

Diet/Supps/Water:

75%/50%/75%
Not a lot of cheating, in fact, hardly none, but I've had problems getting all my meals in

Training: 50%
Its been up and down. I got handed a new project at work so I've been much busier than expected. Hoever, I'm not making any excuses. I've been putting my program behind work, family time, and sleep. Limited results are expected.

Having said that, I stil have two more weeks to account for. Time to finish strong and then re-up with Bobo

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Weeks 7-8 were much better. I lost 21 lbs during my 8 week program. Results could have been much better but that was not Bobo's fault. I thought this was a nice time for me to do a program but I was incorrect.

bobo, I want to reup and continue to have you as my trainer. I still want to cut. Let me know what I have to do regarding payment. I want to use a different credit card than the one I signed up with. I want the points to go on my ESPN card :thumbsup:

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
Hmmm. Bobo, I just saw that you haven't announced that you were accepting any new clients. I hope that this doesn't include re-ups. I emailed you a week or two ago regarding re-upping with you. Please let me know if this is going to be possible.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, this includes any new plans and extensions since I put the thread up. I simply have way to much going on right now.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
No problem. When you start to accept clients again, will I be able to re-up or will I have to purchase another program?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are following the same program, re-up is fine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 27
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1