High blood pressure ?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
So I was looking at reasons I suddenly had high blood pressure the past few years! I looked at Dunkin’ Donuts online and found out my single medium iced coffee contains over 400mg of caffeine and sometimes I get two shots bringing it to 500 or more. When I started drinking coffee is when I believe I developed these issues. I am sensitive to caffeine as well. I also read 400 mg is normal? Can someone give me some insight on this ? My bp last few years is 145 to 155 over 85 to 89. I am going off cold turkey for a week. Should I instantly see improvement or wait it out to clear out of system?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lol i doubt caffeine CREATED a BP problem. Drinking a lot of caffeine can give you BP spikes but for someone to say I drank caffeine for x amount of time now my BP is fucked idk about that

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Caffiene from the past should not effect present blood pressure. Do you hold a lot of water, have edema?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
I’m still on that caffeine. Just stopped a day or so ago. Hoping a lay-off this week and bp is back to normal. Just had no idea how much caffeine I was consuming. I am on trt and don’t seem to hold water. Before trt I was having issues but I go back to the excess amounts caffeine daily for 2 years. Stress probably made it worse with the caffeine. Just asking if caffeine can play a role

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Beyond 200mg of caff, and my BP will be elevated the whole day.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Beyond 200mg of caff, and my BP will be elevated the whole day.
Thank you. What I thought. I’m takin 400mg in a 45 min timeframe and I believe this has been causing my issues. Been on it for 2 years or so and realized Friday how much caffeine I’ve been consuming so I was asking

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Due to vaso constriction.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If the dhea is converting to too much e2, causing excess water retention, you could have heightened BP.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m taking about 1g of caffeine a day and blasting **** my bp is around 150 **** it dudeeee we only live once

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
If the dhea is converting to too much e2, causing excess water retention, you could have heightened BP.
What about the caffeine and when to recheck bp. Figure since I was on that much for a while it would take a few days

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about the caffeine and when to recheck bp. Figure since I was on that much for a while it would take a few days
Dude caffeine is not your problem lol. Caffeine will aggravate the blood pressure of someone who’s already got a problem. But otherwise caffeine might spike your BP but it goes back to normal when your system cleared the caffeine. If you consistently have high BP caffeine is NOT the problem it might just get your numbers a bit higher. Someone will not go from 120 to 160 just from having a coffee or two lol...

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude caffeine is not your problem lol. Caffeine will aggravate the blood pressure of someone who’s already got a problem. But otherwise caffeine might spike your BP but it goes back to normal when your system cleared the caffeine. If you consistently have high BP caffeine is NOT the problem it might just get your numbers a bit higher. Someone will not go from 120 to 160 just from having a coffee or two lol...
I've always had low blood pressure. Always under normal range. When I have caffiene, or dmaa, or dmha, or yohimbine, my BP stays elevated the whole day. Not super high, but higher than normal range.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Everyone reacts different. I guess I will know in a few days. Also chewing tobacco I heard can cause elevated bp. I mean nothing else causes it as far as ekg and blood work. Docs don’t know.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's a lot of caff lol
Yeah lol I’ll fix that soon but it goes up quickly.. a coffee in the morning, another one after dinner, pre workout at 5 before gym(it has 300 mg caffeine in it) and I usually take 2 coffees at night after that. It’s a pretty fucking bad idea lll go down to 2 coffees a day soon (hopefully)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah lol I’ll fix that soon but it goes up quickly.. a coffee in the morning, another one after dinner, pre workout at 5 before gym(it has 300 mg caffeine in it) and I usually take 2 coffees at night after that. It’s a pretty fucking bad idea lll go down to 2 coffees a day soon (hopefully)
Switch to decaffeinated at night lol

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
I guess I’ll head to doc and see. I have been off caffeine for 2 days and still 145/79 tonight. Should I give my body a few more days without caffeine to make sure? My body does always act sensitive to caffeine and wonder how many days before I worry