Help with PCT / blood results

Cjperriam

Awards
Hi, firstly apologies if I have started the thread in the wrong section.

I am now 34 years old, but when I was 25 I naively ran a cycle of superdrol without fully understanding the product and was shut down quite badly and do not believe I ever recovered properly. I ran a PCT at the time of the superdrol cycle of climid and a test booster and HCG (though I understand this should have been ran during cycle?). Since finishing the cycle my nuts never recovered after PCT and went to the doctors for help/advise and to get blood tests. I explained the full issues and was fully upfront, though I was told everything was normal and within normal range despite the obvious issues (nuts and slight ED). I ran CEL cycle assist but I believe I may have suffered minor liver damage as I tried to run a cycle of Active Xtreme a few months back along with a cycle assist and kept getting terrible sharp pains and aches in my back and right side of abdomen.

For a number of years now I have suffered terribly with cracking joints, aching joints and horrendous muscle tightness and cannot seem to stretch beyond the pain which is having a seriously damaging effect on my day to day life. I am resigned to the fact there may well be some long term irreversible damage, but I was hoping somebody who may be familiar in this area could review my blood results and let me know their thoughts?

I plan to get new blood results at some point to see if anything has changed, but more importantly if there is anything the doctors did not cover?

I would like to point out that I have never ran any steriod/prohormone since the superdrol cycle.

I would really appreciate and advise or help.

Below is the bloods that were done when I went to the doctors after the cycle.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi, firstly apologies if I have started the thread in the wrong section.

I am now 34 years old, but when I was 25 I naively ran a cycle of superdrol without fully understanding the product and was shut down quite badly and do not believe I ever recovered properly. I ran a PCT at the time of the superdrol cycle of climid and a test booster and HCG (though I understand this should have been ran during cycle?). Since finishing the cycle my nuts never recovered after PCT and went to the doctors for help/advise and to get blood tests. I explained the full issues and was fully upfront, though I was told everything was normal and within normal range despite the obvious issues (nuts and slight ED). I ran CEL cycle assist but I believe I may have suffered minor liver damage as I tried to run a cycle of Active Xtreme a few months back along with a cycle assist and kept getting terrible sharp pains and aches in my back and right side of abdomen.

For a number of years now I have suffered terribly with cracking joints, aching joints and horrendous muscle tightness and cannot seem to stretch beyond the pain which is having a seriously damaging effect on my day to day life. I am resigned to the fact there may well be some long term irreversible damage, but I was hoping somebody who may be familiar in this area could review my blood results and let me know their thoughts?

I plan to get new blood results at some point to see if anything has changed, but more importantly if there is anything the doctors did not cover?

I would like to point out that I have never ran any steriod/prohormone since the superdrol cycle.

I would really appreciate and advise or help.

Below is the bloods that were done when I went to the doctors after the cycle.
View attachment 202680
hey bro,

a few things stand out

- are you in the uk - we normally use Nmol in the UK, usa use a different measure

- that free test just looks wrong - should be 0.6 type numbers (normally approx 2% of total test)

- total test looks ok (looking at the serum level). Not amazing but solid enough. Your shbg is lowish which is a good thing.

egfr is ok, tbh I’d want that above 80 or 85 myself but it’s not indicative of a kidney problem at that level.

honestly nothing is jumping out bro

but the other thing to note is that I wouldn’t suggest the lack of a proper on cycle support protocol or pct when you ran your superdrol cycle caused the issues. Generally speaking that stuff doesn’t make the difference between recovering or not, it’s about making the recovery quicker. My point being that if the sdrol caused you problems that probably would have happened regardless of what you did.

I wasn’t sure if you were inferring the sdrol did the liver damage but that’s not still going to be causing you a liver problem. Steroids hammer the liver lipids etc but the liver is an amazing organ and recovers upon cessation of the drugs. You’d need to have abused a lot of orals for a long long time to do permanent damage to your liver.

regarding your balls, really need LH and FSH to see what’s going on there bro. At 34 I don’t know if you’ve had kids, want kids etc but fertility can obviously be affected so getting that checked would be a good idea

Cjperriam

Awards
hey bro,

a few things stand out

- are you in the uk - we normally use Nmol in the UK, usa use a different measure

- that free test just looks wrong - should be 0.6 type numbers (normally approx 2% of total test)

- total test looks ok (looking at the serum level). Not amazing but solid enough. Your shbg is lowish which is a good thing.

egfr is ok, tbh I’d want that above 80 or 85 myself but it’s not indicative of a kidney problem at that level.

honestly nothing is jumping out bro

but the other thing to note is that I wouldn’t suggest the lack of a proper on cycle support protocol or pct when you ran your superdrol cycle caused the issues. Generally speaking that stuff doesn’t make the difference between recovering or not, it’s about making the recovery quicker. My point being that if the sdrol caused you problems that probably would have happened regardless of what you did.

I wasn’t sure if you were inferring the sdrol did the liver damage but that’s not still going to be causing you a liver problem. Steroids hammer the liver lipids etc but the liver is an amazing organ and recovers upon cessation of the drugs. You’d need to have abused a lot of orals for a long long time to do permanent damage to your liver.

regarding your balls, really need LH and FSH to see what’s going on there bro. At 34 I don’t know if you’ve had kids, want kids etc but fertility can obviously be affected so getting that checked would be a good idea
Thanks for the quick response bro, really appreciate the help and info! and yeah I am in the UK.

Ok, cool so quite a few positives which makes me feel better.

To be fair I was suggesting that the sdrol could have been the cause of possibly liver damage, but I think that is just from worrying and coming to my own conclusions. Good to know its not the case.

With regards the free test looking wrong - Is there anything I need to consider at this stage to try and sort it out? What are the risks of it being so high?

I will make sure LH and FSH is checked when I next get bloods done. Anything else you would recommend they check for that wasn't done previously?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the quick response bro, really appreciate the help and info! and yeah I am in the UK.

Ok, cool so quite a few positives which makes me feel better.

To be fair I was suggesting that the sdrol could have been the cause of possibly liver damage, but I think that is just from worrying and coming to my own conclusions. Good to know its not the case.

With regards the free test looking wrong - Is there anything I need to consider at this stage to try and sort it out? What are the risks of it being so high?

I will make sure LH and FSH is checked when I next get bloods done. Anything else you would recommend they check for that wasn't done previously?
no worries bro, uk myself (north west)

the free test is just incorrect - it’s not possible for it to be the same as your total test so I’m not sure what’s gone on there (or why you have two serum test results tbh)

generally speaking you want to see the liver health scores as well and proteins

this is the company and specific test I get. It’s comprehensive and contains everything that you would check in relation to aas or general performance (even for natties these are the things you’d want to be knowing as a male to optimise yourself)

Cjperriam

Awards
no worries bro, uk myself (north west)

the free test is just incorrect - it’s not possible for it to be the same as your total test so I’m not sure what’s gone on there (or why you have two serum test results tbh)

generally speaking you want to see the liver health scores as well and proteins

this is the company and specific test I get. It’s comprehensive and contains everything that you would check in relation to aas or general performance (even for natties these are the things you’d want to be knowing as a male to optimise yourself)

Oh yeah I’m north west myself (Cheshire)

Sorry for confusion bro, the serum test result at the top of the results was done around 2019 when I asked for another bloods done on my test levels, they only did that single test though so 11.6 is the most recent result for the serum.

had a look at those tests you sent so will look at getting that sorted when this COVID stuff chills out a bit. There’s a clinic in Northwhich which isn’t too far from me.

I’ve seen some transdermal natty test boosters. Is there any danger running something like that in meantime for a bit of a boost in the gym? I’d make sure it’s not around the time I plan on having bloods done

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh yeah I’m north west myself (Cheshire)

Sorry for confusion bro, the serum test result at the top of the results was done around 2019 when I asked for another bloods done on my test levels, they only did that single test though so 11.6 is the most recent result for the serum.

had a look at those tests you sent so will look at getting that sorted when this COVID stuff chills out a bit. There’s a clinic in Northwhich which isn’t too far from me.

I’ve seen some transdermal natty test boosters. Is there any danger running something like that in meantime for a bit of a boost in the gym? I’d make sure it’s not around the time I plan on having bloods done
haha, technically cheshire myself bud, over in widnes. Small world 😂

so the two test results were 11.6 (which is fairly low although in range) and 16.2 (which is mid range and for your age decent (I’m 39 myself and was 15.5 last time I came off test)?

test boosters don’t really do anything for your test levels bud, use it without worrying about needing to stop near the blood test.

that medichecks company are all postal so I’ve been able to keep getting mine done fortunately (I know a doctor who does the blood draw for me)

just waiting to see what Bojo comes up with on Monday now 🙄

Cjperriam

Awards
haha, technically cheshire myself bud, over in widnes. Small world 😂

so the two test results were 11.6 (which is fairly low although in range) and 16.2 (which is mid range and for your age decent (I’m 39 myself and was 15.5 last time I came off test)?

test boosters don’t really do anything for your test levels bud, use it without worrying about needing to stop near the blood test.

that medichecks company are all postal so I’ve been able to keep getting mine done fortunately (I know a doctor who does the blood draw for me)

just waiting to see what Bojo comes up with on Monday now 🙄
haha yeah man, small world indeed 😂

Yeah 11.6 barely above normal range. should I be concerned that my levels dropped 5.0 in just a few years?

Lucky you, my mrs is a student nurse but she’s not drawn blood yet and don’t fancy letting her practice on me 😂
Yeah see what Bojo says tomorrow and I’ll book an appointment and when I got my results I’ll come back to you if you don’t mind to see how things are looking?

think I’m going to give Icon Form - Dermacrine or UR spray a go in the meantime

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
haha yeah man, small world indeed 😂

Yeah 11.6 barely above normal range. should I be concerned that my levels dropped 5.0 in just a few years?

Lucky you, my mrs is a student nurse but she’s not drawn blood yet and don’t fancy letting her practice on me 😂
Yeah see what Bojo says tomorrow and I’ll book an appointment and when I got my results I’ll come back to you if you don’t mind to see how things are looking?

think I’m going to give Icon Form - Dermacrine or UR spray a go in the meantime
test levels naturally fluctuate a bit anyway bud. If you’d been on a long run the day before, or got poor sleep or been stressed at work or had a poor diet etc it could have affected the reading. Odds are you test has dropped a bit over those years (as naturally starts to happen from 30) but next reading could easily be a touch higher etc.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Gotta say M-Test did for me by quite a measure. I was likely still fairly shutdown from 1-andro with only an OTC pct but both my total and free doubled over 3 months. Just something to consider OP.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gotta say M-Test did for me by quite a measure. I was likely still fairly shutdown from 1-andro with only an OTC pct but both my total and free doubled over 3 months. Just something to consider OP.
just based on the studies no test boosters have been shown to boost test by significant amounts (improving sleep, red light therapy, some supps etc all combined could make a bit of a difference - maybe move from mid/low range to mid range type difference) but if you doubled your test levels imho that’s gonna largely be due to still recovering off 1-andro.

but either way, test boosters are all natural supps so you could continue using them year round and therefore even if they did increase the test level and give OP a decent baseline, he could continue to do that and benefit from it anyway......

Cjperriam

Awards
Whisky, got my blood results back over the weekend and thought I would share for you to take a look at bro.

A few areas stand out to me

1) Kidneys - High levels of Urea and creatinine - I am not sure if this could be related to Superdrol?
2) Bad cholesterols is high
3) Iron - Ferritin levels although within normal range are very high
4) Testosterone levels have risen slightly since last test

Anyway let me know your thoughts dude?

Attachments

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whisky, got my blood results back over the weekend and thought I would share for you to take a look at bro.

A few areas stand out to me

1) Kidneys - High levels of Urea and creatinine - I am not sure if this could be related to Superdrol?
2) Bad cholesterols is high
3) Iron - Ferritin levels although within normal range are very high
4) Testosterone levels have risen slightly since last test

Anyway let me know your thoughts dude?
to be honest bro that superdrol cycle 10 years back won’t be impacting you now. Not at all. That urea and creatireading is not uncommon (I’d say it’s more common than not) for people who lift. Unless you’d had 4 days off training before the test it’ll be down to that (and your barely over range)

the creatine kinase is a good measure for muscle health and yours is great.

the free test being lowish is an area I’d look at. Boron will lower SHBG and bring that up (your shbg itself wasn’t high but could drop a touch)

I mentioned before I’d like that egfr to be over 80 personally. I’d start using some astragalus to see if you can get that up.

the cholesterol is the main issue though. Probably has to be dietary/lifestyle related ttbh (what fats do you use?)

a decent fish oil, coq10 and red yeast rice extract would be the natural supplement route to bring things back in line

Cjperriam

Awards
to be honest bro that superdrol cycle 10 years back won’t be impacting you now. Not at all. That urea and creatireading is not uncommon (I’d say it’s more common than not) for people who lift. Unless you’d had 4 days off training before the test it’ll be down to that (and your barely over range)

the creatine kinase is a good measure for muscle health and yours is great.

the free test being lowish is an area I’d look at. Boron will lower SHBG and bring that up (your shbg itself wasn’t high but could drop a touch)

I mentioned before I’d like that egfr to be over 80 personally. I’d start using some astragalus to see if you can get that up.

the cholesterol is the main issue though. Probably has to be dietary/lifestyle related ttbh (what fats do you use?)

a decent fish oil, coq10 and red yeast rice extract would be the natural supplement route to bring things back in line
Thanks again for taking the time to review my results. Really appreciate the feedback and advice.
To be honest my training has been on and off for a while and not trained for a good few weeks before the test.

the cholesterol is the main issue though. Probably has to be dietary/lifestyle related ttbh (what fats do you use?) - I take a high grade omega fish oil and that's pretty much it. Probably don't get enough from my food as I don't eat fish, so only eggs, occasionally flaxseeds and occasionally nuts.

How much Boron and astragalus would you suggest and for how long bro? I will get some of the other supps you've suggested as well 👍

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks again for taking the time to review my results. Really appreciate the feedback and advice.
To be honest my training has been on and off for a while and not trained for a good few weeks before the test.

the cholesterol is the main issue though. Probably has to be dietary/lifestyle related ttbh (what fats do you use?) - I take a high grade omega fish oil and that's pretty much it. Probably don't get enough from my food as I don't eat fish, so only eggs, occasionally flaxseeds and occasionally nuts.

How much Boron and astragalus would you suggest and for how long bro? I will get some of the other supps you've suggested as well 👍
for where you are at 6mg boron and 2g astragalus daily would be suitable mate.

extra virgin olive oil is basically the only oil I use, it’s pretty much the best all rounder imo and a great source of the fats you want.

trans fats can cause problems with cholesterol but in the UK it’s unlikely you can consume them in any quantity as they aren’t used.

most of the other causes are things like being overweight, lack of exercise, too much alcohol, smoking etc. Assume non of them apply but if so then worth thinking about.