Heavy metals detox log

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Firstly, I'll start by saying that I really really didn't know where to put this log. Atall. I mean, not in "anabolics" for sure... So admins, feel free to move this to a more appropriate place if you feel the need to.

I've just read 2 articles about Poliquin and his training methods and stuff. I found it in the "L-Carnosine Injection" thread here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolics/32315-l-carnosine-injection.html?highlight=l-carnosine
The article is in 2 parts here:
http://www.bodyofscience.com/issues/winter_2004/pdf/w2005_poliquin.pdf
http://www.bodyofscience.com/issues/summer_2005/pdfs/poliquin_summer2005.pdf

Poliquin talks of heavy metals toxicity building up during the years, causing all kinds of undecypherable symptoms, that a LOT of people have mercury poisoning and that it can hider the conversion of T4 to T3 and kill muscle growth in its tracks, etc.

The detox for heavy metals is cilantro tincture ED until the detox is over, which is allegedly easy to tell. This will be my little experiment down this road as I have been exposed to all kinds of crap and have had the grey dental work. Even swallowed a filling as a kid. Not good.

Oh and I almost forgot. A very special thanks to BigVrunga for the info on mecury detox here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/349075-post26.html

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

The dosing schedule is ideally 2x ED. I began supplementing on Nov. 10 with a single dose. I am reporting on my day 2.

Yesterday, on day 2, I used a half dosage of 2x .5ml of the tincture. I went to the gym and didn't feel like doing anything. I tried the deadlifts and it felt just wrong. Went to the pulldown machine and it didn't feel right either. So I just quit.

I wasn't feeling tired, but somewhat weak and OFF somehow. I believe the first symptoms of the detox are already showing. As per my reading, this chelation therapy feels strange in the brain. One person reported a "spewing" inside her head, a constant feeling like her brain was rejecting something. I do feel something similar.

Today is Day 3, I'll make another post tonight about that. Doing just cardio today. Off to the gym now.

C

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
which detox kit are you using? have a link?

Those Poliquin interviews are awesome. I don't fully understand the legality behind his center, i guess because he has doctors that write that the vitamin shots are necessary that it's okay...?
where do i go to get injectable vitamin c therapy legally?!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Now that is a good question. This guy gets 50 GRAMS of vit.C IV at a time. WHOA. And these interviews sell me on injectable l-carnosine, although a supplement called 5-tetra allgedly does the same or something very similar, that is to kill all lactic acid in the muscle.

If we think about that for a minute, this means no PAIN at the end of a set. You could go on and easily add quite a few reps without the buildup of pain, right? Yummy... ;)

I have a friend who studied herbal medicine. She makes tinctures, so she is the one providing the organic cilantro tincture. I would encourage her to do business over the internet but we are in Canada and I'm really not sure a homemade thing like that would cross the border that easily? But no matter, it should be easy to find. Ideally, get the one that is made in apple cider vinegar instead of alcohol, it's better for some reason I can't remember. And it's cheap, think 20$ for the whole detox unless you've been chewing thermometers for the last 10 years...

Anyways, I went to do cardio today and there definitely is something going on. Cardio was OK but I really didn't feel up to doing weights. The idea of making any effort seems downright repulsive. :sick: And I'm the guy who likes to tear it up in the gym.

The feeling is more like the onset of a headache except it doesn't show up. Weird feeling, to say the least.

Some things I'm told to expect are: bad body odor, oily skin, pores filling with grey oily metal-laden crap. Oh, and it's supposed to kill acne. D0h. Yes, I think filling my pores with mercury will make life difficult for the acne bacteria. :D

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I halv bean cheewing thurmometers allll my lyfe and thars nothing wrong with it!

Sounds cool Grunt, keep up the good log.

The sides kinda sound like when I mega dosed B5 for acne. It supposedly detoxes to some degree and man, did I feel crappy for a week straight. It was like the onset of a cold but it never surfaced. Might want to drink deionized water to help with the flushing..just make sure to get some good calcium/magnesium/zinc intake after it is all over.

C

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how long does this detox go on for?

i'm off to research!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Bioman. That is good advice for the Ca/Mg/Zn.

cable626, well it depends how hard you go and how much mercury, lead and aluminum your body contains. These are the most toxic and these are the ones the cilantro will chelate.

Chelating is where a mineral binds to an organic molecule. Chelation works for eliminating these metals because the body cannot process them in their mineral state. The cilantro tincture allows them to be chelated, and eliminated.

So essentially, you either take your time or do it hard - I'm looking to go kinda hard at this as I just finished PCT and am looking at a bunch of short cycles for the new year. I feel I need to have the toxins out by that time.

So you do this until the symptoms stop, quite simply. Well when they seem to stop, I'd say increase dosage for a few days and if that does nothing, then you're heavy-metal free. :)

C

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
understood. just learned about chelation a few weeks ago (when CNW decided to carry Mg Creatine chelate).
i'm concerned about my health because i eat 2-3 cans of tuna a day and I'm only a little over 170lbs.
gonna talk to the doc, i have an appointment on tuesday anyway.

thanks for the info grunt.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Great idea for a thread, Grunt :thumbsup:

I'm very interested in seeing how this goes. I tried some sort of body cleanse thing a while back. I can't say I really noticed anything, but the kit definitely had nothing to do with chelation. It was just milk thistle, fiber and something else. Based on the symptoms, it sounds like it is working.

Good Luck!

O

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Polliquin's theory about post workout nutrition for people over 10 percent bodyfat is interesting... No carbs,only protein,glyceine and Glutamine(60 g) bottom of page 43 of the second link in the firsdt post of this thread
Heres a link of cialntros extract for sale online http://www.herbspro.com/search/products.asp?txtSearch=Cilantro+.
I'm looking forward to hearing your results on this. I have had my mercury fillings replaced in 1998 but I had them for years

O

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
pores filling with grey oily metal-laden crap
I'm sorry but this sounds totally ridiculous. Is there any science to back this up?

A lot of what you're experiencing sounds like placebo. You read about others' experiences and now you're having them, hmm.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Here's the cheapest extract Ive found so far...

http://www.myvitanet.com/cilex1ozherp.html

I'm sorry but this sounds totally ridiculous. Is there any science to back this up?

A lot of what you're experiencing sounds like placebo. You read about others' experiences and now you're having them, hmm.
Could be...there's plenty of scientific evidence backing up the positive effects of Cilantro on removing heavy metals from the body,however.

C

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
[SIZE=+1]Preventive effect of Coriandrum sativum (Chinese parsley) on localized lead deposition in ICR mice.[/SIZE]

Aga M, Iwaki K, Ueda Y, Ushio S, Masaki N, Fukuda S, Kimoto T, Ikeda M, Kurimoto M.

Hayashibara Biochemical Laboratories, Inc., Fujisaki Institute, 675-1 Fujisaki, Okayama 702-8006, Japan.

The preventive effect of Coriandrum sativum, Fam. UMBELLIFERAE (Chinese parsley) on lead deposition was investigated in male ICR mice given lead (1000 ppm) as lead acetate trihydrate in drinking water for 32 days. Administration of Chinese parsley to mice by gastric intubation was performed for 25 days from day 7 after the start of lead exposure up to the end of the experiment. The mice were then sacrificed for comparison of lead distribution. The lead reached its highest concentration in the femur but localized lead deposition in the femur was significantly decreased by meso-2,3-dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA), a chelating agent used as a positive control to validate this experimental model. Administration of Chinese parsley also significantly decreased lead deposition in the femur and severe lead-induced injury in the kidneys. In addition, urinary excretion of delta-aminolevulinic acid (ALA) which is known to increase with lead intake was significantly decreased after administration of Chinese parsley. The MeOH extract of Chinese parsley also reduced lead-induced inhibition of delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD) activity in vitro. These results suggest that Chinese parsley has suppressive activity on lead deposition, probably resulting from the chelation of lead by some substances contained in Chinese parsley.

PMID: 11535365 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Renew Life supplement company has a Heavy Metal Detox program. It may be pretty good considering I have used their colon cleansing products and they worked well.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I actually have the Heavy Metal Cleanse, and their CleanseSmart kits.. I'm gonna go with the heavy metal cleanse first.. :thumbsup:

M

Mr. V

Awards
I see a ND and have been doing oral Chelation for months. I do have thyroid problems and have to supplement with Armour. I do regular urine excretion challange tests and the chelation does work. My wife has had IV chelation when she had breast cancer in additional to 50-100 grams of Vit C per session.

I can't argue with the results as she is cancer free and did not take any chemo, radiation, or tamoxifin as so heavily pushed by the Oncologists(and thier drug reps).

The product I use is from Xymogen and it is called Chelex.

http://www.xymogen.com/products.asp?product=CHEL

It cannot be purchased "over the counter", but only thru health professionals. I get mine at www.illnessisoptional.com which is run by two extremely knowledgeable pharmacists. I take 4 prior to going to bed at night. I would also recommend taking a supplemental Multivitamin and Mineral supplement as the product will pull out good minerals from your body with the heavy metals.

Some of our mercury toxicity comes from the mercury laden vaccines we were givin as children.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, and you gotta wonder what the mercury does in the vaccine. They kill the microbe with the mercury and then inject the whole thing into ya? :(

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

I've upped the dosage to 2ml 2x ED and there definitely is something going on. Feeling strange and a little off is the best way to describe it.

Will do cardio later. Maybe weights later this week although I was due for some time off the iron for a good while, so it's no biggie either way.

M

Mr. V

Awards
The trend we are seeing, which is entirely normal is all my metals were down, but the mercury was increased in the last urine challange test. The ND and MD (they run an integrated clinic) said this was normal as we are getting the other heavy metals out of the way, and not are pulling the biggie out which is the mercury.

These heavy metals tax the endocrine system in a big way as well as cause the alzheimers and demintia, and memory problems as we age.

Another great benefit, is the chelation will remove a lot of the plaque in the cardiovascular system. It has been used successfully to avoid bypass surgery for many years. Though chelation is somewhat new in the U.S., it has been used with great success in Europe for over 60 years. It is currently in clinical trials in the U.S. but who knows how long before we ever get the results....probably 10 years at least.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the great info Mr.V!

Yeah, and you gotta wonder what the mercury does in the vaccine. They kill the microbe with the mercury and then inject the whole thing into ya?
Studies are starting to show that Mercury in vaccinations may be leading to the rise in Autism the world has been seeing in recent years...

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read an article in Renew Life's magazine talking about how metals can accumulate in your system. One way is the fillings in your mouth, and anti-persperents, the have some form of aluminum in them that may cause alzheimers. I use rock salt for deodarant.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yes it contains no aluminum chlorhydrate but I believe it does contain aluminum. As to wether that particular Al compound can actually be absorbed like Al-HCl, I wouldn't know. I have inspected all kinds of rock salt deodorant and every type I've found is aluminum-based.

I use another type of deodorant (Tom's of Maine) which is $6 per stick... :( just to make sure I don't absorb any MORE Al than I have already.

M

Mr. V

Awards
I stopped using Anti-Perspirants years ago due to the Aluminum content. I am currently only using deoderants. Tropical Traditions has some awesome virgin coconut oil based products. I have some dry skin issues and find thier lotions to be the finest I have ever used.

www.tropicaltraditions.com

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That's amazing Mr V, I love hearing stories like that. Here's to you and your wife's continued success and health!

The Al in deodorant has worried me for years. I'll probably run one of these cleanses soon. I did the Dr Natura's Colon Cleanse kit and it seemed to do what it said it does..I lost some fat, gained energy, acne cleared up a little and my pipes are CLEAN! lol

I've seen EDTA chelation kits that seem pretty interesting. I stumbled across one on a site called angioprim.com which seemed uber potent and pricey. I may start with the cilantro first as I know a very good herbalist who'll probably make it for me.

M

Mr. V

Awards
That's amazing Mr V, I love hearing stories like that. Here's to you and your wife's continued success and health!

The Al in deodorant has worried me for years. I'll probably run one of these cleanses soon. I did the Dr Natura's Colon Cleanse kit and it seemed to do what it said it does..I lost some fat, gained energy, acne cleared up a little and my pipes are CLEAN! lol

I've seen EDTA chelation kits that seem pretty interesting. I stumbled across one on a site called angioprim.com which seemed uber potent and pricey. I may start with the cilantro first as I know a very good herbalist who'll probably make it for me.
Thanks Bioman, it was a tough decision to fire our Oncologist and go the Naturopathic route, and I must say it was not cheap because health insurance only covered the costs of scans and so forth, but it was all worth it in the end to know my wife is in the best health of her life.

Since you mentioned some problems with acne, I thought I might share some experience with that. I am almost 40 years old and have some minor adult acne on my chin, and did some research and found a site that helped clear my acne up 100%. It is dirt cheap too! www.acne.org I use his BP gel product which is a 2.5% solution opposed to the stronger and harsher 10% solutions.

Here is what I do:

1. While in the shower, I wash my face with a soap called "Basic". Walmart carries it. Don't use a washcloath, just gently use your hands.

2. Once dryed, use the BP Gel heavily. on your problem areas.

3. If you are prone to drying, use either a mosturizing product called Basic or my personal favorite is the Tropical Traditions coconut lotion.

4. At night before bed I use Clear & Clean Salic Acid Cleansing Pads.

This process cleared me up wonderfully. It did what a dermalogist couldn't.

Best of Luck,
V

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

The "off" feeling is increasing. Moreover, it seems this feeling masks sleepiness. I can sleep just fine, I just kinda don't see the point. WEIRD.

I seem to have a little bit of liver soreness. I'm guessing supplementing with NAC looks like the thing to do at this point.

Another weird thing going on is what I'd call "brain farts". I'm doing something and all of a sudden, even though I'm really concentrated on what I'm doing, I get thoughts about things not related to what I'm doing. Hard to describe this phenomenon. It's an unknown feeling to me, this is why I'm reporting on it.

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
understood. just learned about chelation a few weeks ago (when CNW decided to carry Mg Creatine chelate).
i'm concerned about my health because i eat 2-3 cans of tuna a day and I'm only a little over 170lbs.
gonna talk to the doc, i have an appointment on tuesday anyway.

thanks for the info grunt.
I eat alot of tuna too, I just recently was sent this article and product for mercury free tuna, although the price is completely bogus

http://www.vitacost.com/Mailer/Tuna_Oct2005/200511_lp.html?csrc=EM-PUBCMPTUNA20051115:main

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'll just buy the cheap, toxic tuna and detox twice a year, lol.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Actually I think the cheap tuna is less toxic than the oh-so-delectible albacore.

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went to Charles Poliquin website and looked through the types of sevices he runs. It seems that all the testing that he does on the body, Endocrine, a stool test, and the heavy metals test, would be essential for everyone. Just knowing if you are actually absorbing the protien that you are ingesting would be optimal. Why don't we hear much about these kinds of test, wouldn't it be better to know what is going on inside your body before you put anything in it. I think bodybuilding has to be alot smarter, not just eating loads of food and training.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

I still feel like crap. Couldn't do a decent weights workout. The strange feeling in my head hasn't gone away. My pores are filling up. I feel like crawling to a corner of my bed and not moving for a few months.

I agree with you b_delgros, detoxing heavy metals should be close to #1 on BBers' list with what it can do to you AND the amount of tuna most of us eat. I mean, just mercury can stop the conversion of T4 to T3, kill muscle growth and give you permanent fatigue syndrome. How good would that be for bodybuilding?

Feeling like I am, I must give this detox a big thumbs up. I'm sure I'll feel MUCH better when it's all done, and that this is just a rough few weeks to endure. Then detoxing every few years will be MUCH easier.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Please keep us updated Grunt, this is something Im planning on doing in Janurary - Id like to see how long it takes you to detox. Can you actually feel your pores clogged up?

Also, is there anyway to test the levels of mercury concentration in the body?

BV

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
AFAIK mercury stays put wherever it ends up because the body has no way to deal with it. IOW your liver might have a high concentration of mercury, or your CNS or your skin, whatever. The only way to really know how much mercury is in the body is to do a biopsy of every tissue, every organ. Well of course that's not likely to happen.

Poliquin says he does stool tests for mercury and yeah that is of SOME value, but only of limited value because even though mercury TENDS to excrete through the intestines, it also tends to stick wherever it ends up... IOW blood mercury slowly makes its way to the intestines for limited excretion. Adipocytes tend to store mercury also. That's one reason some people tend to have difficulty losing what it contains: the body fights to keep the poisons where they can do the least harm.

And for my pores, well I can clearly see that the amount of clogged pores in my face is unusally large. And I've been sweating about the same as usual - more cardio, but no weights...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Those funky pore strips for your face might help...Biore or something like that.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

I've stopped the chelation therapy for a couple days because I had to give a speech and wanted to feel closer to 100% for that. It went well.

I have begun dosing again starting yesterday, at 3ml 2X ED instead of 2 x 2ml. So far, I feel much better than during the previous phase. I don't understand why, as I only stopped 2 days and am now using a 50% increased dosage.

If I keep on feeling this good, I believe I will be able to start doing weights again soon... :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
When I've done B5 mega dosing, I noticed the same strange thing..quitting for a day or two alleviates the symptoms. Maybe it allows the body to "catch up" in terms off contaminant excretion? Who knows.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 15

Well, the 50% increased dosage is showing its effects. Here is the list of symptoms experienced during this chelation treatment:

- Feeling cold
- Headaches
- Loss of willpower, especially for physical effort
- Tooth aches
- A feeling of pressure in my head
- Gastrointestinal upset
- Nausea
- "Brain farts"
- Disturbed sleep patterns

Well the reason why I increased dosage again is that I feel I need to be doing this quickly and be rid of it instead of having it drag on. I have a cycle planned for January, plus I am taking a well-needed break from the gym now.

So I decided to take advantage of it and go as hard as I can until about December 22 or so, so that I will be feeling good during the holidays and ready to start my cycle about the first week of January or so.

Of course, one might go slower at this and take their time, it would be up to them.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Grunt, I'm loving your log. This is something my wife and I are going to try. I don't have fillings but she does. I've done Dr. Shultz's Intestinal #1 and 2 and that was outta control. I can't wait to do this.

P

PrinceGeorgebod

Banned
Awards
I actually have the Heavy Metal Cleanse, and their CleanseSmart kits.. I'm gonna go with the heavy metal cleanse first.. :thumbsup:
Hey pete have you tried the colon cleans kit from dr natura... some crazy parasites allegedly living in our systems. Do you know of any first hand success as the site is loaded with testimonials but hey who knows?
I think you may have mentioned it before. Any help would be greatly apreciated. :thumbsup:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I tried the Dr Natura kit and it seemed to work. I didn't see any freaky worms but then I didn't really look reall hard. After the 1 month cleanse, I felt pretty good so I think it's worth it.

I have lots of amalgam fillings and I'm thinking that might be an underlying cause for my cystic acne...I'm 33 so it's getting a little ridiculous to be balding and have acne. lol

C

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
[
These results suggest that Chinese parsley has suppressive activity on lead deposition, probably resulting from the chelation of lead by some substances contained in Chinese parsley
'In mice' was unfortunately omitted here. Any applicable evidence?
cc

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With the Dr. Natura Cleanse the fiber is Psyllimum Husk, which contains more toxins and is more of a bulk laxative. Renu Life uses Flax fiber which is the best source of insoluble and soluble fiber, plus it is organic and free from the toxins that Pysllimum may have. I do a cleanse every 6 months, I will be posting my up and coming cleanse in January.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I use RenuLife products bigtime.. I love the Triple Organic Fiber, got afew CleanseSmart and First Cleanse kits waiting.. ;)