Heart palpitations update

Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I just got out of the cardiologist office. He did a quick EKG and checked my vitals. I explained that I have been getting heart palpitations every day now but I have no other symptoms besides that. I told him that when I workout I can trigger them and even when I'm having sex or doing anything strenuous. He told me that I'm fine and they aren't dangerous and to ignore them and live my life. The only thing he didn't like was that I told him I use anabolics sometimes and he was like "well your blood pressure is 140/80 so you better keep it in control if you're gonna do anabolics". My holter was normal and my echocardiogram was normal. I dunno.....I don't trust this guy. I refuse to believe im ok. Obviously I'm dying and this quack must have gotten his certificate on the back of a cerial box. Am I right boys!?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No, not necessarily. Micronutrient deficiencies gave me heart palpitations for 3 years. I eventually figured out I needed more methyl-b12, methylfolate and potassium and I’m good now. Just because your getting 100% doesn’t mean it’s enough for you.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
@GreenMachineX - how did you determine you needed those micronutrients?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
After I had them for a while and had all the ekgs, heart monitors, etc and was told it’s nothing to worry about, I refused to believe just because I’m now 32 I get heart palpitations. 300 hours of research later, I began experimenting with different micronutrients in different ratios. I developed more bizarre symptoms like angular cheilitis. I read a lot of Phoenix Rising forum stuff on methylation. I need nowhere close to what the people on there need, but a SpectraCell micronutrient blood test showed I was just a little low on b12, which baffled me because I’ve been taking ~150mcg b12 for years and ate plenty of beef almost every day. Typical bodybuilder diet. Anyway, the cause doesn’t matter. What’s important is I’ve figured out if I take 1 Thorne Research 2 Per Day capsule, and 1 extra 400mcg Solgar methylfolate tablet, the angular cheilitis went away, and with enough potassium and magnesium, the palpitations went away. The perfect breakfast for me to have 5 whole eggs of Egglands Best eggs, some almonds, and 100g spinach. That breakfast with those supplements in the morning and I’m good. No symptoms. It’s been a hard long road, but at least that chapter is over.

Edit: Not sure why it’s all in italics lol.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
After I had them for a while and had all the ekgs, heart monitors, etc and was told it’s nothing to worry about, I refused to believe just because I’m now 32 I get heart palpitations. 300 hours of research later, I began experimenting with different micronutrients in different ratios. I developed more bizarre symptoms like angular cheilitis. I read a lot of Phoenix Rising forum stuff on methylation. I need nowhere close to what the people on there need, but a SpectraCell micronutrient blood test showed I was just a little low on b12, which baffled me because I’ve been taking ~150mcg b12 for years and ate plenty of beef almost every day. Typical bodybuilder diet. Anyway, the cause doesn’t matter. What’s important is I’ve figured out if I take 1 Thorne Research 2 Per Day capsule, and 1 extra 400mcg Solgar methylfolate tablet, the angular cheilitis went away, and with enough potassium and magnesium, the palpitations went away. The perfect breakfast for me to have 5 whole eggs of Egglands Best eggs, some almonds, and 100g spinach. That breakfast with those supplements in the morning and I’m good. No symptoms. It’s been a hard long road, but at least that chapter is over.

Edit: Not sure why it’s all in italics lol.
Cool, thanks for the info, i will have to do a bit of research on it, but i have been having them on and off since i was a teenager. I will have them regularly and then can go for months to a year and not have one. Same deal with me, last one was pretty bad, went to the doctor again, and have gone to different ones and all of them hook me up to the ekg machine and say it's perfectly fine.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cool, thanks for the info, i will have to do a bit of research on it, but i have been having them on and off since i was a teenager. I will have them regularly and then can go for months to a year and not have one. Same deal with me, last one was pretty bad, went to the doctor again, and have gone to different ones and all of them hook me up to the ekg machine and say it's perfectly fine.
Yeah, definitely worth researching the micronutrient angle. Do you take vitamins? If so, what brand and type? I’d suggest starting with magnesium glycinate at 400mg of elemental magnesium nightly. Most other magnesiums are junk.

Do you get muscle twitches or cramps ever as well? Or eye or lip twitching?

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, definitely worth researching the micronutrient angle. Do you take vitamins? If so, what brand and type? I’d suggest starting with magnesium glycinate at 400mg of elemental magnesium nightly. Most other magnesiums are junk.

Do you get muscle twitches or cramps ever as well? Or eye or lip twitching?
Yeah, every so often, eyelid mostly, not the eye itself.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, every so often, eyelid mostly, not the eye itself.
Yeah, that’s what I meant. Good chance your magnesium deficient. I’d research that and methylfolate deficiency.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bump to the thread...but i noticed i get palps when my e2 gets low.
Also something i have been experiencing from time to time, and it always happened the day or the following day after an injection, if i would have an early dinner and stay up late...i would get the shakes!

I am pretty sure it is hypoglicemia as i crave sweets and feel better after i have some carbs. I suppose hypoglicemia could trigger palps too (i have been getting them recently and they suck).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 29
Anabolics 42
Anabolics 12
Punkrocker 35 and Older 53
MetalMX Male Anti-Aging Medicine 4