Healthcare just hit my family hard

Bigcountry08

Bigcountry08

Awards
  • Established
My wife just called me and told me the place she works at (large bank) is dropping all full time employees down to 37 hours a week. We will now be losing 100 dollars a month that we were bring in , we already only bring in around 45,000 a year combined so losing that 1200 bucks a year is really gonna hurt.

You can call the business greedy all you want and I agree, but when it really comes down to it if healthcare weren't going through none of this crap would be happening. I expect to be hearing about this more and more through the next few months.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife just called me and told me the place she works at (large bank) is dropping all full time employees down to 37 hours a week. We will now be losing 100 dollars a month that we were bring in , we already only bring in around 45,000 a year combined so losing that 1200 bucks a year is really gonna hurt.

You can call the business greedy all you want and I agree, but when it really comes down to it if healthcare weren't going through none of this crap would be happening. I expect to be hearing about this more and more through the next few months.
Sorry to hear than my man....this is what happens when goverment forces big businesses to spend more and get taxed more. One way or another it all gets down to the little people.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear than my man....this is what happens when goverment forces big businesses to spend more and get taxed more. One way or another it all gets down to the little people.
agreed!!! big business is always going to find a way out, and usually it means we as consumers will bear the brunt of the hurt!!!

Touey

Touey

Awards

[video=youtube;__VQX2Xn7tI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__VQX2Xn7tI[/video]

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

This is what you do.

Find out if the group plan you are on is a QHP (qualified health plan). If it is and you pay more than 9.5% of your gross income in contributions to your health, you can opt out, apply for a subsidy form the government, pick a plan in the marketplace and probably pay the same or less for a better plan. If its NOT a QHP you can opt out anytime and apply for a subsidy. You have kids?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you able to use any skills you have to get some work on the side? Can you sell some things? Can you cut out some spending? Can you adjust your food costs?

I understand that $1200 is not a small amount of money, but I can't help but think that you can possibly shave $100/mth from spending and make an extra $100/mth by PT work.

It sucks man, but a lot of us are having to do some heavy budgeting these days. The middle class is getting raped at every turn by GovCo's decisions. - Hold your head up high and do what needs to be done.

Be thankful your wife wasn't cut down to 28hrs and classified as PT.

It sounds like you're against the ACA (thank goodness). - I strongly urge you to avoid seeking government subsidies. Stand on your principals and hold firm.