Have any females on here used MK-677?

JackieLeen

JackieLeen

Awards
I mostly want to use it for recovery and healthier skin nails hair. I am worried about the water retention as well as the appetite. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Leggoddess

Leggoddess

Awards
I mostly want to use it for recovery and healthier skin nails hair. I am worried about the water retention as well as the appetite. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Mk-677 will help with faster recovery from injury, help add new muscle cells, helps with healthy skin, stronger nails. It can increase appetite, could make you hold some water.

Start with low dosage and slowly increase till you find what works for you.

For best results take it for 6-12 months.
3-6 months is ok.

Note: every ones body chemistry is different.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I didn’t notice any difference in appetite, but I already eat like a horse. The water retention seems to affect maybe half of people from what I see. A lot of people find it’s not noticeable or goes away after a few days or weeks of use. You’ll just have to test it out and see. You can always just use it before bed and sort of “sleep off” the side effects. That should help maximize potential sleep improvements too.

It’s possible water retention could be linked to reduced carb tolerance. I’ve seen it suggested that MK can decrease insulin sensitivity. If you have issues with blood sugar, keep an eye on that, and maybe have a GDA type supplement on hand. Straight berberine would probably be the most cost effective thing for that.

But yeah, pretty much start low, watch for side effects, don’t be afraid to stop or just change dosing to see what works best.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn't recommend 677 unless you are ok with gaining a bit of fat. you can use GHRP for less weight gain. if you're super skinny though maybe 677 would be good. have you looked at GHRP like ipamoralin or cjc ?

EmilyAnn831

EmilyAnn831

Awards
Took 677 and got off it pretty quickly. Increased my appetite exponentially. Benefits weren’t worth the constant hunger and water retention.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Took 677 and got off it pretty quickly. Increased my appetite exponentially. Benefits weren’t worth the constant hunger and water retention.
Yeah, my wife blew up on it--tons of water within one week.

If someone wants to use it for the benefits it provides, great, but fat loss isn't one of them. Yes, GH enhances fat loss via increased lipolysis. But, MK-677 is a ghrelin mimetic, and ghrelin mimetics, just like ghrelin itself, will offset GH's fat loss effects through multiple mechanisms. The research is ABUNDANTLY clear on this. There is ZERO dispute. This is why, through the years, people have noticed fat loss with exo. GH, but not with GH secretagogues (ghrelin mimetics) like MK-677. Ghrelin mimetics possess both positive and negative affects on fat loss, thereby canceling each other out from a fat loss standpoint.

The bottom line is that ghrelin mimetics shouldn't be used for fat loss proposes, but for muscle growth, recovery, etc. They still provide all the other benefits of GH; just not fat loss.

Last edited: